No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elgato, you got it going on. Im assuming these are La deer. You are definetly showing the potential of La deer.
    Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-14-2016, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Well I think its pretty darn neat that 200 inch deer have become a reasonable expectation among native piney woods deer on your place. Im 5 years into my chicken chit experiment and have NO DOUBT it is working. I have 40 tons coming tuesday even though its a little late in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Well I think its pretty darn neat that 200 inch deer have become a reasonable expectation among native piney woods deer on your place. Im 5 years into my chicken chit experiment and have NO DOUBT it is working. I have 40 tons coming tuesday even though its a little late in the year.

Agreed. Gotta love native deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3rd pic down. Buck on the left. Either that's two bucks back to back, or you have a 3 legged deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Drillbit View Post
            3rd pic down. Buck on the left. Either that's two bucks back to back, or you have a 3 legged deer.
            Dang, I had to put my glasses on but I see what you are saying. I'll post another pic of that buck though cause he's as big as he looks.

Comment

It brings new meaning to the phrase ''thats some good chit'. I think your timing is great right before fall plots go in.

Comment

Originally posted by Drillbit View Post
                I think that is 2 deer lined up almost perfectly. You can see 2 right ears if you look close. The back buck is a hair wider.

Comment

How have I looked at this a million times and not subscribed... I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                    It brings new meaning to the phrase ''thats some good chit'. I think your timing is great right before fall plots go in.
                    I have seen a general improvement in my deer. The real convincing thing though was Two mature bucks that i have known well. Neither had done much. One was a typical 9 with a kicker on his g3 that had barely been legal width by age 8. the other was a spindly horned 6 year old that was wide but each deer would go maybe 110inches. After a full winter and spring on the chicken chit, they just blew up at 7 and 9. The now 7 year old eightpt now put on small G4s but blew mass away! He went from 110 to 150s in that year. the 9pt got crazy mass and went from 13 inches inside to 16 inside and probably high 140s. remember he is 9 years old and never scored over 115 in his life.

Comment

By Chicken Chit, I am guessing y'all are using it as fertilizer?

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post

Yessir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
                          Yes. We started hammering our food plots with it. Lots of fringe vegetation gets it too like vetch, clover, honeysuckle, youpon, etc.

Comment

Are farm is right across the street from the biggest chicken chit egg farm in Texas. No doubt it is some great stuff if you can get past the smell.

Comment

Yes. We started hammering our food plots with it. Lots of fringe vegetation gets it too like vetch, clover, honeysuckle, youpon, etc.
                              What rate are you using per acre? we used a lime cart with acceptable results but calibration was rudimentary . I think next yr. I'm going to pay the $100 fee per load to get an appropriate cart. I think we were putting about 200lbs/acre if memory serves.

Comment

how much yall paying for chicken crap?
                                i was just quoted $54 a ton delivered and spread
                                and the guy was telling me they spread 2000lbs per acre
                                Last edited by BIG BONE; 08-15-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X