Started a septic install....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
    Does septic install in Texas not have to be completed by licensed septic guys? I've heard of several folks doing their own...BIG no-no here in NM.
    Kind of what I was thinking. I would delete this thread and find something else to brag about. Now days folks at the county are looking for reasons to screw with ya. Nice work by the way, I may or may not have done something similar somewhere before.

Comment

If I am not mistaken you can do the install yourself but it has to be signed off on by a licensed septic company. Or you could always "don't ask, don't tell"

Comment

Does septic install in Texas not have to be completed by licensed septic guys? I've heard of several folks doing their own...BIG no-no here in NM.
        On property larger than 10 acres you can self-install. Just have to have inspection before backfill and follow the design.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          On property larger than 10 acres you can self-install. Just have to have inspection before backfill and follow the design.
          One more reason to love Texas.

Comment

nice work

Comment

Nope. More than 10 acres. Only septic on property and not near property lines. Completely legal.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

10 acres. You can install yourself any system designed by a licensed septic designer. If you pay anybody to anything on it, the must be licensed. I am in the process of building my second system. My first was 18 years ago.in McLennan county this one in Burnet county. Both less than 6 acres.

Comment

I always thought it had to be registered with the county, I know the one i had done on 220 acres did.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                      Man you are so lucky that you don’t have rock. Congrats and nice looking hole! I hit rock at 3 feet.
                      You made it 3.5' deeper than I did before hitting rock!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                        I always thought it had to be registered with the county, I know the one i had done on 220 acres did.
                        Septic is one of only 2 permits required in San Saba. The other is a flood plain permit that's free. I only know because I just started building my ranch home.

Comment

Working...
                        X