San Antonio??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio??

Next Thursday the family and I are heading out to Uvalde for a little hunting and spring break getaway. We are wanting to stop in San Antonio to take the kids by the Alamo on the way down. We will have 2 dogs in crates on the back and a trailer with corn, atv, etc. Am I crazy for thinking this is possible? My biggest fears are finding a place to park (no garages, etc.) and once I am parked making sure my stuff is safe. Is this possible? We don’t mind walking so if there is a place to park within a mile or so that would be ok. I haven’t been there in a while and it seems like I heard the streets aren’t in that great of shape either so I am a little concerned even driving around with an 18’ trailer. Is that something to be concerned with? Thanks for the help.

I wouldnt do it......with your truck or your stuff.

Comment

That’s gonna be tough. I don’t live in SA any more so take this with a grain of salt. You might use Crockett lot (google it [its on Crockett street by the Alamo]). It’s usually staffed during the day. I wouldn’t leave property not secured. I wouldn’t leave dogs secured or unsecured for even an hour. Hope that helps.
      Last edited by rbsears; 03-08-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Find a TBHer that will let you store in their drive while you go do your thing? I think that's the best option.

Comment

To much potential for a problem in my opinion. I wouldn't do it.

Comment

Your stuff will get stolen here.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
              Find a TBHer that will let you store in their drive while you go do your thing? I think that's the best option.
              This.

Comment

I agree with the fellow TBH, if not.....

Pay for parking at the LaQuinta on the River walk. They have a guard, park close to the guard booth. Alamo is right around the corner.

Comment

It sounds like my fears are warranted.

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  I'll see if anyone offers but I don't want to put anyone out. Not that it makes too much difference but we will be coming into SA on 10 and leaving on 90 heading west so that area would be optimal.

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
                  I agree with the fellow TBH, if not.....

Pay for parking at the LaQuinta on the River walk. They have a guard, park close to the guard booth. Alamo is right around the corner.
                  I was thinking about calling hotels to see about a day of parking. If I do I'll check La Quinta first. Thanks.

Comment

You are welcome to park your trailer at my house , but we live about 40 miles north of town in Spring Branch. If you decide to do this PM me and I'll send you my address. You can come and go as you need. We have a few acres so plenty of room to park wherever you want.

Comment

They is a KOA on Gembler street and it is a fairly safe place and there is security. Call them and tell them your situation, you should be able to rent a RV site from them near their office.

Comment

Was down there just yesterday. There is a staffed parking lot right behind the Alamo about a block. $15.00 for the day. But I just had a pick up.

Comment

Try the Travis Park Plaza building (Jefferson Bank). We used that lot when I worked in SA last year. Good spot, patrolled and close to everything downtown. Especially Blanco Cafe

You can probably park on the street level if you make prior arrangements.

Comment

You'll end up getting your truck broke into.

Comment

I’m not to far from downtown and would be willing to have you leave the dogs and hear at my house for a while. I live a half mile off the main road. Pm me if your interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X