Arrow setup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow setup question

Currently shooting a 27.5" .340 spine Easton Axis right now. Finished weight with a 100 grain point, 3 blazers and a wrap comes in around 413. Playing with archers advantage yesterday showed my arrows to be in optimal spine (shooting a 2014 hoyt CS34 at 28.5" and arrows at 287 fps). I started to mess with different arrow setups using black eagle rampage shafts. Using a .350 spine cut to 28", a 50 grain brass insert, 100 grain point, 3 Blazers and a wrap my arrow weight is 414, and my spine is still optimal. How is this possible? I would've thought I'd have to drop down to a .300 spine. Am I screwing up somewhere? I wanna make sure I get this right before I order the arrows and components.

Ron

What's the grain per inch on each arrow?
    I'm thinking that's the difference

Comment

Black Eagle Rampage 8.2 GPI
      8.2 x 27.5"= 225.5 grain shaft

Easton Axis 9.5 GPI
      9.5 x 28.5" = 266 grain shaft

266-225.5 = 40.5 grain difference in the shaft alone

Comment

Arrow setup question

That's why I'm confused. The rampage weighs less, and I'm putting more weight out front with the brass insert, how is a .350 spine optimal and .300 spine too stiff?

Comment

Weird I just threw all the data in again and it says the .350 spine is marginally weak and the .300 is slightly stiff. Must have fudged some numbers up.

Comment

Arrow setup question

You can cut arrows longer or shorter and add weight to the nock end to tweak the spine.
            I started a thread called FOC increase that's got over 1k replies
            I know that Enewman has started a couple of threads recently
            Muddyfuzzy is an arrow builder on here, there's others I just don't who they are
            Last edited by Pushbutton2; 10-27-2015, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X