Pigs-I don't get it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigs-I don't get it.

I don't get the love that some people have for pigs*. I don't understand the bragging and talking about how much that weight and the going over game cameras and lusting over them. To me feral hogs* are like rats. They mess up the land, eat lots of corn and protein and chase off deer.

I pretty much hate feral hogs. I kill everyone of them that I see and am pleased if I hit them back so they can slowly drag them selves off the sendero and die.

Do you consider pigs* a varmint or a game animal?

Do you eat pigs* you shoot?

Do you hunt pigs* on there own as a target species?

GS tell me what you think.

Pigs are varmits and I love them varmits. A ton of fun to shoot. Generally, most I feed the yotes and other pigs and I few I give to my neighbor's Mom for tamales. I killed a big sow a week ago this past Saturday and the only thin left is the blood on the ground where I left her lay. Nothing, and I mean nothing left, not even hair!

Comment

Have seem a lot of signs of pigs in my area. Never come across them. The one place I knew they had been spotted I was to chicken to go after. It was some thickkkkk brush and I'd never been in there before. If I see them I'm shooting. I'd like to smoke one whole on my upright smoker.

Comment

They are a varmint but yet are very tastey just like coon, ground hogs, etc. I eat what I shoot and yes I go hint just for pigs at times. I do use what I see on camera to target a large hog but I will kill all I see.

Comment

I like pigs because they are something to shoot at in the off season. I only usually pull the back straps out of >75lbs. I don't have the packs of them like I used to but pigs get my blood pumping just as much as deer do.

Comment

Bacon

Comment

I very rarely give them a pass when rifle hunting and never with bow in hand. If I am done killing deer I will still go out to see what bucks are still out there and a pig or yotes WILL NOT get a pass. Do I specifically hunt for them? No.

Comment

Blasphemy!!!

Is this the devil speaking?

Comment

I can make you some pan sausage and you will start keeping them. Way better than store bought. They do make me mad some but for the most part they are fine by me.

Comment

Yes.
                    Yes.
                    Yes.

Comment

Varmits and we kill them on sight....that being said them varmits sure do taste good! We eat most all of the ones that we shoot unless they are nasty big boars.

Comment

That's about the only time I will use a rifle is to exterminate pigs. I think last year I killed 12 in one day just riding around my place in my golf cart. I do try and kill one or two for my freezer each year but the rest are feeding the yotes and cats unless a friend asks for one

Comment

Varmints. I "let the air out of them" when I see them.

Comment

Kill em on sight
                            Keep most
                            Rarely target any unless they make it into the feeder pen and end up on camera.
                            Sometimes specifically hunt pigs in the spring. Something to do on work weekends at the lease

Comment

varmit
                              kill on site
                              eat some

Comment

Working...
                              X