Turkey BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey BH

Any good turkey bh recommendations this past weekend, I shot 2 birds with slick trick mags. The shots were both good, and both birds died, but they pass through so easy. The first bird flew, landed in a tree and fell from there, the other balled up immediately, laid motionless for 3 mins until a group of birds started attacking it. It stood up and began to walk away. I shot it again and it ate it that time for sure, both shots were broadside just where the legs meet the body, but I feel as if the slick trick was a poor choice of head for that application. Too much penetration not a big enough hole, lots of blood for sure though.

and they screamed through the birds and subsequently bent the tips of the ferrules up and beat the blades up pretty bad.

Comment

gillotein(SP) are pretty cool, they just cut off the head.

Comment

Two blade rage.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
          Two blade rage.
          Typically that is what I have shot over the years, however being introduced to this site and the huge talk about slick trick/grim reaper, I have bought some to test. I love the ST on deer and pigs, but I guess I may leave a 2 blade chisel tip in the quiver.

Comment

Any mechanical IMO.

Comment

any big cut mech will work. i like the nap spitfire maxx but just shot a turkey with the killzone and i left a hug hole. bird dropped in it's tracks.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jourdan_D; 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X