How do you book vacations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    I go the SUPER-EXPENSIVE route.....My wife does it.

I have the same type agent as you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I always thought travel agents weren't necessary but I use one for work and now I am a believer. They can let you enjoy your vacation with little to no stress. I would go off referrals only though. A friend's wedding had a recommended TA, she was horrible. Changed my flight and never sent a new itinerary. The hotel told me about my flight change smh.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          Agreed, definitely use a travel agent. They don't cost you anything, will almost always save you money, and are priceless if you have an issue because they can get things worked out for you.

My wife is a travel agent and handles several TBH members vacations. Feel free to shoot her an email with any questions. audra@remarkablegetaways.com
          We’ve been working with Audra for a few years now and she’s always done a fantastic job, I highly recommend her!

Comment

interesting, I was just thinking about this.

Comment

Headed to Mexico next Saturday, booked with a travel agent but have also used funjet.com.

Comment

It depends on if it is an area I'm comfortable with, or first time there. First time or out of the country, best to use an agent.

Comment

Agree with Brian L .

Comment

We have tried it all. Travel agents are worth it!.... and I say that like they cost more when most of the time it’s the same or less total. Everything is thought out and taken care of, and you have someone that’s got your back if things aren’t right. We even used on for Disney and they knew all the ins and outs of booking things I would have never dreamed had a 6 month waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      Agreed, definitely use a travel agent. They don't cost you anything, will almost always save you money, and are priceless if you have an issue because they can get things worked out for you.

My wife is a travel agent and handles several TBH members vacations. Feel free to shoot her an email with any questions. audra@remarkablegetaways.com

How do they get paid if they don’t charge the traveler any fees?

Not flaming, just curious to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My wife usually mixes me a few extra drinks and she pulls up something on the internet and I say “book it sounds like fun”. And she don’t waste any time

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          How do they get paid if they don’t charge the traveler any fees?

Not flaming, just curious to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          They are paid by the resorts, cruise lines, excursions, etc. When you book thru travelelocity, Expedia, or other places online they are getting that payment, if you book directly thru the resort yourself they keep that money themselves. If you book thru a travel agent the agent gets that money. Difference is have you ever had a problem with a trip purchased thru an online place and had an issue? It happens ALOT, and then who do you call? There 800 number? Yea good luck with that. If you book yourself then you are stuck dealing with any issues. If you book with a travel agent, you most likely get there cell phone number and can reach them any time and they deal with any issues while you continue to enjoy your vacation.
                          Last edited by ColinR; 05-03-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            We’ve been working with Audra for a few years now and she’s always done a fantastic job, I highly recommend her!
                            Thank you for the kind words and recommendation!

Comment

I use expedia for ideas and then book directly.

I find it cheaper to do yourself. I saved $1000 on mexico resort next week over the travel agent my friends are using. Booking direct with resort was over 40% discount, am guessing the travel agent pockets those discounts.
                              One problem with using expedia for airfare is that if you have to cancel, you lose all. If booking flights yourself and cancel you can usually use the money on future flights within a year,

Comment

What’s a vacation?

Comment

Working...
                                X