Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
CodyWitt
Four Point
 
CodyWitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Thrall TX
Hunt In: Old Mexico
Default 2017 f250.

I know there are several forms about these trucks on here already, but it seems like most people are opting for the lariat or better trim package. Personally I would ruin leather in a months time. (Pliers in my back pocket) etc... anyone snagged one in the XLT package? What are they coming off the sticker? I would like heated/AC seats,LED headlights, basically the lariat package with cloth seats. Not sure if that is even an option in the XLT package. Thanks in advance.
CodyWitt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
kry226
Ten Point
 
kry226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyWitt View Post
I know there are several forms about these trucks on here already, but it seems like most people are opting for the lariat or better trim package. Personally I would ruin leather in a months time. (Pliers in my back pocket) etc... anyone snagged one in the XLT package? What are they coming off the sticker? I would like heated/AC seats,LED headlights, basically the lariat package with cloth seats. Not sure if that is even an option in the XLT package. Thanks in advance.
Not available in XLT as you'd like it. But you can get heated seats in an XLT if you option for the Premium Package. When I come home next year, I'll likely purchase an XLT Premium. But there are folks who are, among other things, also retrofitting LED headlights, 8" Productivity Screen gauge cluster, and heated steering wheel into lower trimmed Super Duties. Some of those are easily done, some not so much...but you get the idea.

I've attached the 2017 Job 2 Super Duty Order Guide which shows you what's available in which trim. There aren't many changes in the 2018 models, but we'll find out the 2019 specs here in a month or two also. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1-05 2017 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide.pdf (644.5 KB, 208 views)
kry226 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 11:17 PM   #3
Plain Lucky
Ten Point
 
Plain Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Hunt In: North central Tx, Kansas
Default

This doesn't really answer your questions but maybe it will help:

The only new truck that I've ever bought is a 2011 XLT 4WD crew cab. It's now at about 125k miles and is still my daily driver. I bought it in late September 2011 and they came off sticker about $12K. It's been a great truck and about the only thing that I would do differently is put seat covers on it when I first bought it. It has light grey interior and the driver's side has become pretty dirty over the years.

My next one will be a Lariat with leather but that will be a few years. Looking forward to the center console too.
Plain Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 07:48 AM   #4
mfarmer
Ten Point
 
mfarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Port Lavaca
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

I just bought the XLT Premium Package with heated seats. Its got almost everything a lariat does other than leather, 360 cameras (mine still has 2 reverse cameras), and a sunroof.

Edit: sticker was $60,800, drive out truck price $51,200

Last edited by mfarmer; 02-14-2018 at 07:50 AM. Reason: add info
mfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #5
ckamp52
Ten Point
 
ckamp52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Burleson, TX
Hunt In: looking for a drama free lease...if it exists anymore
Default

Or just the lariat premium to get all the goodies you want and put a good set of seat covers on it. I am the same as you as far as I would ruin a leather truck in no time. I went with the xlt premium. Basically has everything I wanted but the led headlights and the led light on the tailgate which I miss, had it on my xlt sport 150 but apparently cant get it until lariat on a 250. I got about 9k off sticker back in July. I have ruff tuff seat covers on mine that I have been really impressed with

Last edited by ckamp52; 02-14-2018 at 08:45 AM.
ckamp52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
Black Ice
Pope & Young
 
Black Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baton Rouge
Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyWitt View Post
I know there are several forms about these trucks on here already, but it seems like most people are opting for the lariat or better trim package. Personally I would ruin leather in a months time. (Pliers in my back pocket) etc... anyone snagged one in the XLT package? What are they coming off the sticker? I would like heated/AC seats,LED headlights, basically the lariat package with cloth seats. Not sure if that is even an option in the XLT package. Thanks in advance.


You need to get a lariat and get seat covers or get a fanny pack for the pliers.

Trucks that sticker for $65,000 or higher you should be able to get a minimum of 10k off. My lariat was $73,500 with $7500 off but I bought it a year ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:27 AM   #7
SabreKiller
Ten Point
 
SabreKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kerrville, Texas
Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County
Default

I'm not sure about the 2017, but I looked at a 2018 XLT 6.2 L gasser at Red McCombs in SA on Saturday. They kinda screwed me around when I purchased my 2014 F-150, but they contacted me and said they were looking for good used trucks like mine and would do their best to reach my price point.

I found one I wanted, but it was at Northside Ford and was listed at $43,900 with all the listed discounts. Dark blue metallic FX4 and it was bad arse. Sales guy calls back and says now the truck is 51k and they were only gonna discount $1250. I laughed at him and told him to take it back that I'd go get it cheaper at Northside.

Then, like a knucklehead, I told him I'd be in on Saturday to look at the truck. Once agin, he said he would do his best to get me in that truck. He said he'd beat up his sales manager a little before I got there.

To shorten my story, they couldn't reach my price point. Every payment was $300-$400 more than what I told them, and they knew that. Then the sales manager says can you meet me half way which meant putting 5k down. I laughed, grabbed my keys, and told them they'd wasted enough of my time and to go pound sand.

I won't be stepping on Red McCombs's property again.

I will say this though. That F-250 was a sweet ride. Cloth interior, but I could live with that since the leather upgrade was going to cost another $1700.
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #8
sideways
Ten Point
 
sideways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Default

I put 270k on my leather seats with little wear. They hold up better than cloth seats and are more comfortable to me. No stains no tears. Easy to clean


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sideways is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #9
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

I got an XLT premium package with most everything on it minus sun roof, 360 cams, leather, etc and left under 50k. The mark up on those crazy trim packages is insane. That's the pickups they make their $ on for sure. 6.7 fx4
txwhitetail is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #10
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmer View Post
I just bought the XLT Premium Package with heated seats. Its got almost everything a lariat does other than leather, 360 cameras (mine still has 2 reverse cameras), and a sunroof.

Edit: sticker was $60,800, drive out truck price $51,200
6.7 or 6.2?
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 03:45 PM   #11
TX03RUBI
Six Point
 
TX03RUBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Lubbock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
6.7 or 6.2?
Thatís 6.7 price
TX03RUBI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 04:31 PM   #12
OldRiverRat
Ten Point
 
OldRiverRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deer Park, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Aftermarket is where itís at, buy the truck stripped and add what you want much cheaper, especially if you donít want leather


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #13
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County
Default 2017 f250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03RUBI View Post
Thatís 6.7 price


Not too shabby. I paid 44k for my 2011 Lariat, the zoned a/c / heat is what I'll be looking to retain when I replace it. If the XLT premium comes with that I'll give it a look.

Btw, the 6.2 gasser is slated to be replaced with a new 7.0 dual overhead cam soon, so the net says.


http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/03...as-engine.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by DaveC; 02-14-2018 at 06:52 PM.
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 07:00 PM   #14
doudle d
Ten Point
 
doudle d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bridgeport texas
Hunt In: Bridgeport texas
Default

I paid 42,500 for a 2017 xlt premium with leather seats added. 6.2 gasser very nice truck got it at grapevine ford
doudle d is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #15
Maxlab
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Jimwells/Gonzalez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreKiller View Post
I'm not sure about the 2017, but I looked at a 2018 XLT 6.2 L gasser at Red McCombs in SA on Saturday. They kinda screwed me around when I purchased my 2014 F-150, but they contacted me and said they were looking for good used trucks like mine and would do their best to reach my price point.

I found one I wanted, but it was at Northside Ford and was listed at $43,900 with all the listed discounts. Dark blue metallic FX4 and it was bad arse. Sales guy calls back and says now the truck is 51k and they were only gonna discount $1250. I laughed at him and told him to take it back that I'd go get it cheaper at Northside.

Then, like a knucklehead, I told him I'd be in on Saturday to look at the truck. Once agin, he said he would do his best to get me in that truck. He said he'd beat up his sales manager a little before I got there.

To shorten my story, they couldn't reach my price point. Every payment was $300-$400 more than what I told them, and they knew that. Then the sales manager says can you meet me half way which meant putting 5k down. I laughed, grabbed my keys, and told them they'd wasted enough of my time and to go pound sand.

I won't be stepping on Red McCombs's property again.

I will say this though. That F-250 was a sweet ride. Cloth interior, but I could live with that since the leather upgrade was going to cost another $1700.
FYI
North Side Ford is also owned by Red McCombsís. Red McCombsís is the worst car dealer in San Antonio.
Maxlab is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #16
KNEE DEEP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Palacios,Texas
Hunt In: Colorado county,Texas
Default

Just bought mine,2017 Fx4 STX package gasser. All the cameras, 8 inch touch screen. Got them where I wanted and told them add a Frontier brush guard. Love the truck. LED lighting is great. 42 K out the door. Oxford white. Thought it was a fair price.
KNEE DEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #17
CodyWitt
Four Point
 
CodyWitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Thrall TX
Hunt In: Old Mexico
Default

So am I crazy to hope for a 6.7 4x4 XLT package for around 45k? It boggles my mind what these trucks sell for.
CodyWitt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #18
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyWitt View Post
So am I crazy to hope for a 6.7 4x4 XLT package for around 45k? It boggles my mind what these trucks sell for.
Yes. That's a pipe dream for a 4 door. Regular cab... possibly
Low Fence is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #19
CodyWitt
Four Point
 
CodyWitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Thrall TX
Hunt In: Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Yes. That's a pipe dream for a 4 door. Regular cab... possibly
Absolutely crazy you have to pay 50k for a cloth interior truck!
CodyWitt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #20
Philip-TX
Ten Point
 
Philip-TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Got an F350 4x4 6.7 Super Cab (or whatever they call the cab and a half now) XL for
$45k. Just a work/ranch truck rubber floors, etc.

All I need was a 6.7 PSD for me and a usb plug for the wife. None of the frills, like backup camera, nav., and whatever else they have on the computer systems these days.

Love it. (it does have power windows )
Philip-TX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 09:41 PM   #21
TX03RUBI
Six Point
 
TX03RUBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Lubbock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyWitt View Post
So am I crazy to hope for a 6.7 4x4 XLT package for around 45k? It boggles my mind what these trucks sell for.
You can probably touch a base XLT for $47-48k if you look hard enough. Iíve seen a few XLTs with plenty of options go for $50k. The XL of today can be as optioned as an XLT of a few years ago.
TX03RUBI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 10:32 PM   #22
kry226
Ten Point
 
kry226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
Just bought mine,2017 Fx4 STX package gasser. All the cameras, 8 inch touch screen. Got them where I wanted and told them add a Frontier brush guard. Love the truck. LED lighting is great. 42 K out the door. Oxford white. Thought it was a fair price.
What LED lighting are you talking about? Surely interior or maybe fogs?

There's no OEM LED headlight options until you hit Lariat trim or higher.
kry226 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #23
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

I paid 49k for lariat gasser about 6 months ago. Loving it so far.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com