Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release?

Got a question about my release.

I use a three finger glove when I shoot. I've noticed that my third finger gets sore sometimes.
    I got to noticing that there seems to be very little wear on the leather of the first finger, a little wear on the second and a lot more wear on the third.

Is this normal or am I releasing wrong?

I tried to pay attention to the position of my hand after the release and it seems as though I'm rotating downward.

Is that plucking the string?

Hard to say without seeing you shoot, but it's probably due to a high elbow.

Work on getting your bow arm forearm in line with the arrow, and try to consciously get the load of the string onto the finger just below the arrow as you release.

Plucking the string is when you drag your fingers of of it, instead of just allowing the string to go free.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      Got a question about my release.

I use a three finger glove when I shoot. I've noticed that my third finger gets sore sometimes.
      I got to noticing that there seems to be very little wear on the leather of the first finger, a little wear on the second and a lot more wear on the third.

Is this normal or am I releasing wrong?

I tried to pay attention to the position of my hand after the release and it seems as though I'm rotating downward.

Is that plucking the string?
      Gezzy,

I had the same thing happening to me for a time. I think it is torquing the string to a different angle than the bow. Try this: Draw back with a relaxed bow string hand, while using an open hand on the bow. Let the bow settle in line with the string hand, then lightly wrap a finger or two around the bow with the bow hand. This should get you in line and let the string slip off your fingers easily. This worked for me.

Todd

Comment

Elbow, lower it and shoot some. Better fix the issue before you go on the Javelin hunt!

Comment

Arnie Moe has some good stuff on YouTube that may help.

Comment

Originally posted by twillgo View Post
            Gezzy,

I had the same thing happening to me for a time. I think it is torquing the string to a different angle than the bow. Try this: Draw back with a relaxed bow string hand, while using an open hand on the bow. Let the bow settle in line with the string hand, then lightly wrap a finger or two around the bow with the bow hand. This should get you in line and let the string slip off your fingers easily. This worked for me.

Todd
            I'll give this a try for sure. Thanks.

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            Elbow, lower it and shoot some. Better fix the issue before you go on the Javelin hunt!
            I'll be coming to your camp for lessons. I'm going full Trad this year.
            Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
            Arnie Moe has some good stuff on YouTube that may help.
            Yep, I've been studying his videos and he's really helped me on my draw cycle.

Comment

Working...
            X