Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Traditional

Old 02-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
stickbowcoop
Ten Point

Hunt In: OH, PA, looking for a place in TX.
Default New Bow

I mentioned in the ILF thread that I was getting this bow, but here it is. The riser came Thursday and the limbs made it yesterday.

It's a TradTech Titan II riser with TradTech Black Max 2.0 medium 45# limbs. These are made by Win & Win for TradTech. Now I need a string. I twist my own B50 strings, but I have a string sponsor and they make both endless loop and flemish twist in B55 or BCY X for trad bows. I am going to have them make me a string in both endless and flemish twist in BCY X so I can see which one the bow likes best. I just can't decide on what colors I want.

I had an 56" B50 flemish twist string from a 60" recurve and I strung it up, the brace is really low; like 6". TradTech says it takes a 56.375" string and they recommend 7.5-8.5" brace. So I am not sure why it was so low. Maybe that B50 string was stretching a lot, it is an old string probably 15 years old and several thousand shots. I just wanted to see it strung.

stickbowcoop is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
RickBarbee
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where I am

You're gonna really like that bow once you get it all set up the way you want it.

Rick
RickBarbee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2018, 09:25 AM   #3
Bisch
Pope & Young

Nice rig!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
Junkers88
Ten Point

Hunt In: searching

As much as I'm a fan of late 60's and early 70's recurves that bow of yours is just gorgeous! Once I get a few animals under my belt I'm going to look int an ILF rig. That thing is just sexy.

Richard
Junkers88 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2018, 10:36 AM   #5
stickbowcoop
Ten Point

Thanks guys.

I like classic bows too and I do still have my 1970-72 Bear Super Kodiak along with several orher bows; some I built some by other bowyers. But most of mine are high 50's and after a 3rd back surgery last year 45 is much more comfortable for me. The Bear is 40# but I just wanted something new . I may sell my one 57# 60" custom recurve but haven't decided yet if I want to keep it.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #6
chuckc.
Four Point

Hunt In: Menard

Very nice rig, good luck with it. Let us know how it works out for you.
chuckc. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2018, 11:42 AM   #7
ghostgoblin22
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas

I use the titan riser also, have been for 3 years, great choice, ilf side of traditional archery is extremely addicting, I have one ilf riser and 5 different sets of limbs and they’re all different brands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ghostgoblin22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2018, 05:09 AM   #8
60 Deluxe
Ten Point

Hunt In: at home

I think that you will really like the bow. So many options with ilf limb fitting. I'm a bit behind and still enjoying the Hoyt Buffalo with formula limbs. I actually sold a Satori to move back to the Buffalo.

Building strings is just part of archery. Nothing wrong with spreading the wealth but waiting for a string to arrive is torture. You might want to buy a roll or partial roll of string material on Ebay and give it a try. String making and arrow fletching are great bad weather day activities.
60 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
stickbowcoop
Ten Point

Thanks. I already make my own strings as I said. I don't have anything but B50 in my string box though and the compound string sponsor I have also makes trad strings, so I am going to let him make me two BCY X strings; one endless loop and one flemish twist. That way I can let the bow decide what it likes. I am going to make a new B50 sting today though so I can shoot a little .
Old 02-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #10
twillgo
Four Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickbowcoop View Post
Thanks. I already make my own strings as I said. I don't have anything but B50 in my string box though and the compound string sponsor I have also makes trad strings, so I am going to let him make me two BCY X strings; one endless loop and one flemish twist. That way I can let the bow decide what it likes. I am going to make a new B50 sting today though so I can shoot a little .
Stickbowcoop,

I'll be following this thread closely. I've been thinking about the Titan III riser. Most everyone says they are the cat's meow. I like the fact that there are different grips available that are not too costly. I'm already shooting one of the new TradTech Trident risers, which is laminate. I like it quite a bit, although the grip is not perfect for me.

So many bows, so little time! Keep us posted.

Todd
twillgo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-04-2018, 10:42 AM   #11
Dry Bones
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas, Whatever comes available

Looks nice, ready for some LDP's
Dry Bones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 AM   #12
stickbowcoop
Ten Point

I realized somewhere along the way I picked up a roll of green Brownell Fast Flight. I think Dynaflight. But they changed FF from 450+ to D97 years ago and this is just labeled FF, so it's hard to tell what actual material it is. I honestly don't remember buying it, so I don't know how old it is . Anyway TradTech calls for a 56.375" string to get a brace height of 7.5-8.5", well to do that I had to make a string an inch shorter than they recommend. I talked to the guys at Lancaster (who own and sell TradTech) and asked. Even though I bought the bow used and not from them they are sending me two different strings to try to see if I have the same issue. That is pretty amazing service. I always heard they really stand behind their TT products but I never expected this! I offered to pay because it seemed like I should, and they just ignored me.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:06 AM   #13
stickbowcoop
Ten Point

I do also have 2 BCY X strings being made as I said in an earlier post, so I will have plenty to try. I have never had an issue with a string I made stretching this badly, but there is a first time for everything I guess. Anyway, looks like I will have a drawer full of backup strings...