Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties
Default Waco Biker Shootout News

In case anyone is interested here is a link to what the justice system looks like in McLennan County. What an embarrassment. How much is this fiasco going to cost the citizens?

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks-biker-shooting/
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
Gummi Bear
Pope & Young
 
Gummi Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Arlington
Hunt In: Comanche & Eastland
Default

What a mess.



I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
Gummi Bear is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 09:39 PM   #3
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
. How much is this fiasco going to cost the citizens?

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks-biker-shooting/
6-10 million per dead then 3-5 million for every other victim.
ladrones is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 07:52 AM   #4
shunter14
Ten Point
 
shunter14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Mexico and Faith Ranch
Default

Idiots
shunter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 07:53 AM   #5
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Wow
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 07:58 AM   #6
pervis
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Default

Was at work that day..drove right by it just after it happened. It was crazy. Cops walking around w assault rifles on the service road and 35. It was crazy stuff
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 07:58 AM   #7
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

They still haven’t finished prosecuting these guys???
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 07:59 AM   #8
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Brown View Post
They still havenít finished prosecuting these guys???
"these guys" are going to end up owning Waco.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 08:01 AM   #9
shunter14
Ten Point
 
shunter14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Mexico and Faith Ranch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
"these guys" are going to end up owning Waco.
Yep.
shunter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 08:02 AM   #10
DarrellS
Ten Point
 
DarrellS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lorena,Texas
Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Brown View Post
They still havenít finished prosecuting these guys???
So far only one has been tried. Ended in a hung jury. Personally I believe it's a witch hunt against most of the bikers.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
DarrellS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 08:09 AM   #11
Samson
Eight Point
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Hunt In: Willow City, Travis County
Default

Sounds like the only one that will be going to jail is the crooked DA!
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 08:21 AM   #12
BTLowry
Pope & Young
 
BTLowry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale
Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5
Default

Had a gut feeling that when the dust settled the justice system in Waco was going to be on the losing end

If the DA is found to be guilty he needs to be thrown in the prison

Glad I don't live where my taxes are directly paying for that mess
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 08:43 AM   #13
jmeghunts
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

So who was actually committing a crime that day? Was any of the bikers guilty of anything or was it just a friendly shoot out?
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 09:01 AM   #14
Dave
Moderator
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: College Station, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeghunts View Post
So who was actually committing a crime that day? Was any of the bikers guilty of anything or was it just a friendly shoot out?
If the Waco DA and Judge had just gone after the people who committed a crime that day you would have a point. But they went way beyond that and this is the outcome. You don't get to just throw everybody you can see near a crime in prison for an undefined period of time and get away with it.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #15
ShawnG
Pope & Young
 
ShawnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Abilene
Hunt In: Callahan County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If the Waco DA and Judge had just gone after the people who committed a crime that day you would have a point. But they went way beyond that and this is the outcome. You don't get to just throw everybody you can see near a crime in prison for an undefined period of time and get away with it.
Well said.
ShawnG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #16
jmeghunts
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If the Waco DA and Judge had just gone after the people who committed a crime that day you would have a point. But they went way beyond that and this is the outcome. You don't get to just throw everybody you can see near a crime in prison for an undefined period of time and get away with it.
You sure assume a lot there pal. I never defended the DA or any other person down there. I simply asked WHO ACTUALLY committed a crime. Was that person(s) targeted or will all of this just go away?
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 09:11 AM   #17
HeyMikey
Pope & Young
 
HeyMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazoria County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
So far only one has been tried. Ended in a hung jury. Personally I believe it's a witch hunt against most of the bikers.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
Agreed..........I support law enforcement 99.9% of the time, but this smelled bad from the get-go.
HeyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #18
Dave
Moderator
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: College Station, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeghunts View Post
You sure assume a lot there pal. I never defended the DA or any other person down there. I simply asked WHO ACTUALLY committed a crime. Was that person(s) targeted or will all of this just go away?
I don't think I assumed anything. They put hundreds of people in prison and denied them their rights. The FBI is investigating the DA for a reason. When law enforcement don't do their jobs right the criminals get off. It's how our judicial system is built, to prevent abuses just like this one.

No this isn't going to go away.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #19
jmeghunts
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I don't think I assumed anything. They put hundreds of people in prison and denied them their rights. The FBI is investigating the DA for a reason. When law enforcement don't do their jobs right the criminals get off. It's how our judicial system is built, to prevent abuses just like this one.

No this isn't going to go away.
You said I would have a point. I wasn't making any points, just asking questions. I agree that it was really bad work by LE.
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #20
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young
 
Pushbutton2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Van,TX
Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017
Default

I've not been following this.
Why is this article important?
What did the DA do that makes him "crooked"?
Pushbutton2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #21
Dave
Moderator
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: College Station, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeghunts View Post
You said I would have a point. I wasn't making any points, just asking questions. I agree that it was really bad work by LE.
The sarcastic nature of your questions lead me to believe you had a point.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #22
HeyMikey
Pope & Young
 
HeyMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brazoria County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
I've not been following this.
Why is this article important?
What did the DA do that makes him "crooked"?
You should be able to research it real easily, via internet search.
HeyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 10:19 AM   #23
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

The title should read: "Waco Biker Ambush".
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #24
RR 314
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
"these guys" are going to end up owning Waco.
Why would anybody want to do that?
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #25
jmeghunts
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The sarcastic nature of your questions lead me to believe you had a point.
Nope. Sorry to mislead you sir.
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #26
DarrellS
Ten Point
 
DarrellS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lorena,Texas
Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
I've not been following this.
Why is this article important?
What did the DA do that makes him "crooked"?
A lot of good reading in many posts here. Is it all true, I don't know. But growing up and living around Waco my whole life I can tell you it's a Good`ol boy County.


https://lakewacotriplemurder.blog/20...st-crooked-da/

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
DarrellS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #27
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

I was very pro law enforcement on this deal when it occurred and for a few months after.

My position has changed.

Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #28
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young
 
Goldeneagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Allen, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
I was very pro law enforcement on this deal when it occurred and for a few months after.

My position has changed.

Jenny don't change your number!

Last edited by Goldeneagle; 02-01-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: CRS
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #29
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Theres guilty people on both sides of the court room. Neither side will ever be happy no matter the outcome
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #30
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

That is for sure.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #31
DarrellS
Ten Point
 
DarrellS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lorena,Texas
Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
I was very pro law enforcement on this deal when it occurred and for a few months after.

My position has changed.

Myself also. I have a lot of family in Law Enforcement and tend to always back them, but something about this entire situation smells fishy.
DarrellS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #32
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
I was very pro law enforcement on this deal when it occurred and for a few months after.

My position has changed.

L I B M R Duks
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #33
Rwc
Ten Point
 
Rwc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crawford, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
Myself also. I have a lot of family in Law Enforcement and tend to always back them, but something about this entire situation smells fishy.
Very fishy........

I have kept up with this since day one and in my personal opionion, there was ignorant decisions made by Waco P.D., McLennan County D.A.s office through out but non more head scratching to me than to arrest everyone that had a leather jacket/vest on the day of.

Rwc
Rwc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #34
sotx
Ten Point
 
sotx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Theres guilty people on both sides of the court room. Neither side will ever be happy no matter the outcome
Yup a lot of dumb****ery going on that day!
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #35
sotx
Ten Point
 
sotx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwc View Post
Very fishy........

I have kept up with this since day one and in my personal opionion, there was ignorant decisions made by Waco P.D., McLennan County D.A.s office through out but non more head scratching to me than to arrest everyone that had a leather jacket/vest on the day of.

Rwc
Well that easy all bikers are scum, dontcha know
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #36
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotx View Post
Well that easy all bikers are scum, dontcha know
And that was the mentality of LE that day.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #37
sotx
Ten Point
 
sotx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
And that was the mentality of LE that day.
Yes that's what I was getting at.
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #38
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

I was in the hang them all group when this went down and a few guys here on TBH made me change my mind.

But the fact still remains none of this would have happened if these two gangs used some common sense and not gather everyone up at the same place. What did they think was going to happen?

It's my guess no one will ever know what really went down except for the few that started the fight in the parking lot.

They should just drop all the charges against everyone involved and let the gangs sort it out on the street. It's not like they will testify against each other.

JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #39
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I was in the hang them all group when this went down and a few guys here on TBH made me change my mind.

But the fact still remains none of this would have happened if these two gangs used some common sense and not gather everyone up at the same place. What did they think was going to happen?

It's my guess no one will ever know what really went down except for the few that started the fight in the parking lot.

They should just drop all the charges against everyone involved and let the gangs sort it out on the street. It's not like they will testify against each other.

It was called a Confederation of Clubs meeting. Of course they are all going to be in the same place.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 02:26 PM   #40
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Yeah. I was at my Chess Club meeting last week and when I reached for my rook, dude yanked his 9. Crazy crap.

Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 02:29 PM   #41
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
Yeah. I was at my Chess Club meeting last week and when I reached for my rook, dude yanked his 9. Crazy crap.

You should hang around better people.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #42
Rwc
Ten Point
 
Rwc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crawford, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
Yeah. I was at my Chess Club meeting last week and when I reached for my rook, dude yanked his 9. Crazy crap.

And now you owe me for screen cleaner and a rag to get this spit off my monitor......

Rwc
Rwc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #43
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwc View Post
And now you owe me for screen cleaner and a rag to get this spit off my monitor......

Rwc


I do what I can to keep people from taking themselves too seriously!

I'm still trying to get a patent on some inflatable chaps to protect those that fall off of their high horses on a regular basis.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 02:35 PM   #44
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: the dark
Default

"If youíre going to shoot the king, you better be godd****ed sure you kill him."
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #45
hogheaven
Four Point
 
hogheaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rockport
Default

http://www.agingrebel.com/

be sure to read some of the comments on a couple of the Articles ...

Differing views and lots of blame to go around.
hogheaven is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 10:51 PM   #46
Fooshman
Ten Point
 
Fooshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Black Dog, Texas
Hunt In: Here and There
Default

Hey, they are finally going to do something with the building.
Fooshman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 10:57 PM   #47
Speedgoat
Pope & Young
 
Speedgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jarrell
Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.
Default

I sure took a beating on the previous threads for crying foul. I know alot of the bikers involved. It was a crap show from the get go. Several of the deceased had an LTC. They drew for fear of their life not knowing police were targeting them for drawing their weapon. It was chaos, utter chaos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2018, 12:48 AM   #48
MountainHunter7
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I was in the hang them all group when this went down and a few guys here on TBH made me change my mind.

But the fact still remains none of this would have happened if these two gangs used some common sense and not gather everyone up at the same place. What did they think was going to happen?

It's my guess no one will ever know what really went down except for the few that started the fight in the parking lot.

They should just drop all the charges against everyone involved and let the gangs sort it out on the street. It's not like they will testify against each other.

Two gangs? LOL. Way more to it than that, buddy. That being said, the whole situation is a HUGE cluster &#%*.
MountainHunter7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2018, 04:57 AM   #49
txwhitetail
Pope & Young
 
txwhitetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Angelo
Hunt In: Irion Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
It was called a Confederation of Clubs meeting. Of course they are all going to be in the same place.
Itís really called fight club. Lol
txwhitetail is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #50
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties
Default

And the plot thickens.


http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_...6003f1477.html
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com