Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 01-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #51
RdRdrFan
Pope & Young

On top of what it does for each of us personally, a lot of companies are sharing their tax savings with their employees. My company just announced that the expected effect of the corporate tax rate reduction will be $5 million per year. $1.9 million of that is going back to the employees.

Some of the high points in that $1.9 million is taking our base pay rate from a bottom end of $9 per hour to $14 per hour as well as increasing 401k match for all employees from 6% to 7%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RdRdrFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 09:08 PM   #52
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

It's my understanding that law makers in California have written a bill that would force companies to pay 50% of their tax savings to the state. Can't make this stuff up.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 09:32 PM   #53
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
It's my understanding that law makers in California have written a bill that would force companies to pay 50% of their tax savings to the state. Can't make this stuff up.
What better way to keep business's from fleeing...
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #54
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdRdrFan View Post
On top of what it does for each of us personally, a lot of companies are sharing their tax savings with their employees. My company just announced that the expected effect of the corporate tax rate reduction will be $5 million per year. $1.9 million of that is going back to the employees.

Some of the high points in that $1.9 million is taking our base pay rate from a bottom end of $9 per hour to $14 per hour as well as increasing 401k match for all employees from 6% to 7%.

Common man..im pretty sure Nancy said that there is no way business would ever share their tax savings with their employees. They keep it all for CEO and executive bonuses
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #55
Maddox
Ten Point

Quote:

Thats pretty awesome. Good for your company.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 06:47 AM   #56
JonBoy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX

Quote:

That's awesome you're company is doing this but I would bet that it's more the exception rather than the rule. I haven't heard one company near me (including my own) talk or announce that they're giving a significant portion of their tax savings back to the employees. Of course I would love to be wrong on this
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 07:35 AM   #57
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I hope that is true.. It is only a matter of time before that state is 100% broke. Keep pushing companies to leave with ridiculous laws..
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 07:35 AM   #58
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

As Nancy Pelosi would say... It's just crumbs...
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 08:01 AM   #59
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
That's awesome you're company is doing this but I would bet that it's more the exception rather than the rule. I haven't heard one company near me (including my own) talk or announce that they're giving a significant portion of their tax savings back to the employees. Of course I would love to be wrong on this
Reason you haven't seen or heard of it around you, is Libtard companies aren't doin' it...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #60
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

I just saw my first tax cut paycheck. I'm losing $1 in take home pay. Not what I was wanting to see.
Bazo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #61
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
I just saw my first tax cut paycheck. I'm losing $1 in take home pay. Not what I was wanting to see.
Well, I guess you can be proud you're not one of those hideous 1%'ers...
Old 01-29-2018, 07:33 PM   #62
Bazo
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Well, I guess you can be proud you're not one of those hideous 1%'ers...
You got that right!

I just went through line by line and found that my tax break was eaten up by an increased insurance premium. So it was a wash basically.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:58 PM   #63
RdRdrFan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
You got that right!

I just went through line by line and found that my tax break was eaten up by an increased insurance premium. So it was a wash basically.

So what you are really saying is that your paycheck would have gone down if not for the new tax plan.
RdRdrFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 08:29 PM   #64
Bazo
Ten Point

Quote:
So what you are really saying is that your paycheck would have gone down if not for the new tax plan.

That is correct.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:58 AM   #65
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

My crumbs are helping us pay off our car and then going into savings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...&v=2Y2UbcULCcA
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 01:32 PM   #66
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

I just ran my payroll with the new tax tables for my employees... Averaging $200/month back in their pockets each!! Thank you Mr. President... Screw you minority leader crumb-*****!
Old 01-31-2018, 03:20 PM   #67
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Mine is showing that I'll get to keep a little over $1,000 more of my own money this time around. Need to check my wife's to see what hers looks like. I'll take it.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2018, 10:04 PM   #68
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County
Default Thank you Trump $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Mine is showing that I'll get to keep a little over $1,000 more of my own money this time around. Need to check my wife's to see what hers looks like. I'll take it. b

I was a little skeptical with the new tax calculators because when I put my household income it was saying 13k in savings. Now that may be weekly savings and maybe owing Less or getting a bigger return in 2019.

Black Ice is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #69
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can.

Payroll finally caught up i guess getting to keep $53.45/check extra. Thanks Trump cant wait to file next year to see what they are going to look like.

Last edited by westtexducks; 02-02-2018 at 08:11 AM.
westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #70
Gunnyart
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Gouldbusk, TX

Not sure how it’ll affect my small business yet but my wife will bring home about $100/mo more.
Gunnyart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #71
Lostacresranch
Six Point

My son got a 10,000$ bonus from his company. The tax cuts are going to allow his company to expand and they are “paying it forward”.
Lostacresranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #72
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostacresranch View Post
My son got a 10,000$ bonus from his company. The tax cuts are going to allow his company to expand and they are “paying it forward”.
crumbs...

Congrats to your son!
Old 02-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #73
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
American currency or Pesos?

That is awesome and I hope stories like this continue.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #74
Lostacresranch
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
American currency or Pesos?

That is awesome and I hope stories like this continue.

Neither. A check with his name on it. He said he took it to his boss to see if it was a mistake. It wasn’t.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #75
Lostacresranch
Six Point

Quote:
crumbs...

Congrats to your son!

Well to Nancy it’s crumbs! To me it’s a potential bear hunt!
Old 02-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #76
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well to Nancy it’s crumbs! To me it’s a potential bear hunt!
Yessir!! Shoot a biggun! Send Nancy a pic and tell her "crumbs" got this bear!
Old 02-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #77
ladrones
Pope & Young

Here is the letter my wife got with her check today:

The paychecks most of you received today reflect changes resulting from the new federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which was signed into law in December 2017. Your paycheck today may show more take-home pay and lower federal income tax withholding.

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was a fast-moving and massive legislative change, and it took the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) time to review and deliver the new federal income tax withholding tables to employers. They are now in effect and are reflected in your February 2, 2018 paycheck.

Some of the new and notable personal tax changes related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for the 2018 tax year include:

· Changes to the individual income tax rates:
o The seven tax brackets now range from 10 percent to 37 percent and rise more slowly to the higher rates.
· The standard deduction nearly doubled for most people, which eliminates the need for itemizing deductions in many cases. Standard deductions are now:
o Married = $24,000
o Single with child = $18,000
o All others = $12,000
· For people who still itemize deductions:
o There is a new limit on the deduction for real estate taxes and state income taxes not to exceed $10,000 combined.
o The phase-out of itemized deductions for high earners has been removed.
· The personal exemption deduction was eliminated.
· The child tax credit increased to $2,000 per child. Up to $1,400 of this credit (in total) is refundable.
· Moving expenses are no longer tax-deductible.

The State of New Mexico reports that it will not adjust state income tax withholding tables for 2018.

In this first year of the new tax rates we encourage you to examine your federal and state withholding during the year to ensure they are accurate.

ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #78
PVDT
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
You are just now realizing the economic benefits that are the doing of 8 years of an Obama economic policy. Trump didn't do that.

You can't be serious?! So let's put this in terms you might can understand....imagine if you ran your household like obama and the rest of the snowflakes want to run our country. They want to give more handouts, free crap, socialized medicine (which has been proven to not be sustainable), free college to ILLEGAL ALIENS, and so on. Now my question is, how long would it be before your family was bankrupt?
PVDT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #79
Lostacresranch
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDT View Post
You can't be serious?! So let's put this in terms you might can understand....imagine if you ran your household like obama and the rest of the snowflakes want to run our country. They want to give more handouts, free crap, socialized medicine (which has been proven to not be sustainable), free college to ILLEGAL ALIENS, and so on. Now my question is, how long would it be before your family was bankrupt?

No. Obama didn’t reform taxes, change the business mood in this country, or increase consumer confidence at levels not seen in decades. We have businesses dumping billions back into this country, as a result of trumps policies. That “Obama did it” is failing as an explanation.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #80
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can.

Quote:

Might want to thump your sarcasm meter it seems to be stuck.

westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #81
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Quote:
No. Obama didn’t reform taxes, change the business mood in this country, or increase consumer confidence at levels not seen in decades. We have businesses dumping billions back into this country, as a result of trumps policies. That “Obama did it” is failing as an explanation.
Easy boys!!! I think y'all may have misunderstood Mr. Sweet... I don't think he WAS SERIOUS... Just go back and review a few of his posts and commentary... Don't get much further "right" side of the fence as him... Maybe he just didn't make his sarcasm quite obvious enough...
Old 02-02-2018, 04:59 PM   #82
Lostacresranch
Six Point

Quote:
Easy boys!!! I think y'all may have misunderstood Mr. Sweet... I don't think he WAS SERIOUS... Just go back and review a few of his posts and commentary... Don't get much further "right" side of the fence as him... Maybe he just didn't make his sarcasm quite obvious enough...

Sarcasm is often missed on forum posting. If that’s the case, apologies to the offended party.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #83
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Some of you missed J Sweet's smiley face.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top