Ramcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramcat

Took a sip of the ramcat kool aid thinking I wouldn’t have to fine tune my bow before deer season. Wanted to get away from mechanical heads this year and the ramcats sounded like the ticket. Well I picked some up and they fly no where near like my field points...this is the reason I decided to give them a shot. Anybody else have this issue or is it just me? Bow isn’t tuned perfectly so see a little wiggle in my arrows from time to time but not bad havnt put it through paper in half a year. Does it need to be fine tuned to get them to group with my field points?
    Last edited by Jcjohnson; 08-14-2018, 06:47 PM.

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
    Took a sip of the ramcat look aid thinking I wouldn’t have to fine tune my bow before deer season. Wanted to get away from mechanical heads this year and the ramcats sounded like the ticket. Well I picked some up and they fly no where near like my field points...this is the reason I decided to give them a shot. Anybody else have this issue or is it just me? Bow isn’t tuned perfectly so see a little wiggle in my arrows from time to time but not bad havnt put it through paper in half a year. Does it need to be fine tuned to get them to group with my field points?

Man that is surprising to hear. I had just the opposite experience last year. When I was having problems with my bow getting any broadheads to fly consistently the Ramcats were like darts. So much so I chose them on my redemption hunt putting my tried and true Grim reapers on the shelf for a week. Even practicing in 20 mph winds they were flying well when my Reapers, Black Hornets and SlickTricks were not. Come to find out my bow was out of tune and after tuning, the Ramcats still flew like darts and the other came around too..

Comment

Lol...yes. Or go back to mechanicals. You loose energy with a bow that isn’t tuned as well. Ramcats will cover up a slightly out of tune bow, but not one that is way out. They still have blades, just less blade surface than most.

I had to do the same about a month ago and I shoot ramcats. Ended up having a loose screw on my rest that I didn’t know about.

Comment

Yea when I first tried them with my old bow, I couldn't get them to fly right. They seemed to fly low and slightly left. Come to find out, my old bow was out of tune pretty bad.. Long story short, I gave up on them ( I was new to the sport), until I got my new bow and more experience. I made sure my new bow was tuned nicely and my Ramcats are now cutting the fletchings off of my field point arrows out to 50 yards. In short, a tuned bow and Ramcats are a deadly combo..

Comment

10/4 guess I’m just gonna have to do a little tuning. Looked at the bow, nothing loose, is a slight bit of color on my drop away rest like a vane clearance issue. Gonna run it through some paper and see what it does this weekend I guess. Was really looking forward to having these bad boys in the quiver opening morning.

Comment

Ram cats are the only fixed blades I’ll shoot, find them to be more accurate than any other fb I’ve ever tried.
            They do some damage and get thru a pig shoulder like butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
              Ram cats are the only fixed blades I’ll shoot, find them to be more accurate than any other fb I’ve ever tried.

AMEN TO THAT! I got a thread in here somewhere of a big ol'boar I shot squar in the shoulder and he dropped like a ton of bricks!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

that’s why I wanted to give them a shot, alot of positive reviews on them. Hate to admit it but I wanted a fixed blade with out the hassle of tuning. Which is a big part of the lure to these heads. Thought it was a magic pill I guess. I’m just gonna have to suck it up, get out of the ac and get it done. Shooting a halon 32 6 so it’s not an old bow. I’m just not a tuning expert by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                  that’s why I wanted to give them a shot, alot of positive reviews on them. Hate to admit it but I wanted a fixed blade with out the hassle of tuning. Which is a big part of the lure to these heads. Thought it was a magic pill I guess. I’m just gonna have to suck it up, get out of the ac and get it done. Shooting a halon 32 6 so it’s not an old bow. I’m just not a tuning expert by any means.

I generally only shoot rage but I bought some ram cats a few years ago because of the reviews and I was impressed. Now I have no problems having an arrow or two in my quiver tipped with a cat.

Comment

Love my ramcats! All I have shot the past 3 or 4 years. Deadly heads!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, if Ramcats will not fly like your field points, you bow is definitely out of wack bad!

Comment

Something is pretty far off if they don’t fly right. Did you spin test the arrows?

Comment

I will shoot mechanicals from now on for this reason.

Comment

They fly great...

but I was done with them after the blades came off on the first...then second mature buck I shot.

Maybe it was a bad pack, but I'm not going to chance it again.

Comment

20 yards nine fly just like field points 30 and farther not so much. I switched to swacker and like them so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X