No announcement yet.

Generational Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually my instructor discount wouldn't apply to the Sako 85 Hunter so I would probably go with the Sako 85 Grey Wolf.

Comment

I have 4. They were all given to me by my grandfather. The memories with the gun make it generational......not the caliber and model.

1. 1917 Enfield
      2. British .303 Enfield (2 of them)
      3. Winchester 1896 12ga shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        IDK the BL-22 is one of my favorite guns that I own and it was gifted to my at a very early age. I will never sell that one for sure and still have fun plinking with it
        My favorite 22's... Have a grade 1 open sights and a Grade II with a leupold 4X 22rimfire scope... Little sucker is a tack driver... Used to shoot skeet with the open sighted one...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          My favorite 22's... Have a grade 1 open sights and a Grade II with a leupold 4X 22rimfire scope... Little sucker is a tack driver... Used to shoot skeet with the open sighted one...

Mine is a grade 2 as well. Sadly it looks well used after years of hard use but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            It would be a shotgun without a doubt and an over an under at that.

Right now a Browning Citori 725 field or a Beretta Silver Pigeon most likely in 20 ga.
            My generation gun that was passed down to me is a Beretta Silver Pigeon 12ga. So I couldn't agree more on your suggestions

Comment

I'd buy a .45-70 levergun and have it customized.

Comment

Just get a gun YOU need or will use regularly. It doesn't necessarily have to be fancy, custom or a collectors item.

"This gun never left my grandfather's truck" is much more meaningful than "My grandfather bought this to pass down, it never left his safe"

Comment

I've got a Remington Mohawk 600 in .243 with a Leupold for my daughter. I got it from my dad. I've got another Mohawk 600 in .243 for my son that was wife's grandfathers.

Comment

Winchester model 94 and model 12

Comment

I have my great grandmothers Remmy 722 in 257 Roberts that falls into that category...cannot tell you how many people / kids have taken their first deer with that gun.

Comment

Henry 30-30 wildlife edition

So far I bought my son a CZ455 22lr when he was one.
                        Last edited by TxAg; 01-24-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I’d find a sako forester, finnbear , or vixen deluxe pre-garcia. Caliber doesn’t matter, imho these were some of the best shooting, best looking guns ever manufactured and are definitely worthy of becoming heirlooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            Just get a gun YOU need or will use regularly. It doesn't necessarily have to be fancy, custom or a collectors item.

"This gun never left my grandfather's truck" is much more meaningful than "My grandfather bought this to pass down, it never left his safe"

I agree with this. If he grows up seeing you use it, it will bring special meaning no matter what it is. He will picture YOU when he holds it.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                              I've got a Remington Mohawk 600 in .243 with a Leupold for my daughter. I got it from my dad. I've got another Mohawk 600 in .243 for my son that was wife's grandfathers.
                              Had one in 6mm when I was a kid, brings back a lot of memories.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                This...

My dad hunts with an old Revelation .308 from Western Auto, that's one gun that I won't ever get rid of once passed to me.
                                Good ole Western Auto. Found a box of Revelation .22 shells recently. My uncle worked there for years and always had Revelation guns and ammo.

Comment

Working...
                                X