No announcement yet.

Lease agreements - what is in yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something else to think about is when you can drive (hunting hours).

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
      What if they don’t have FB & does not want to set up a FB account? Is there another way to share photos?
      Anyone that has a gmail account can use Google Drive. They can add anyone that has a gmail address to "shared" documents in their drive. You could even set up a gmail account under the name of the ranch and give everyone the log in information so there is only one account to work with. Then everyone can see the pictures. You can set up files for each year and each stand location to save history of what is there.

You could also take it up a notch from there and get guys to get the deer on the ranch on video. You can upload the videos to Youtube and save them as "unlisted". This will keep them from being viewed by anyone that does not have the direct link to the video. I think you have a much better view on a deer's age once you can see video of them rather than just a trail cam pic. Also, people tend to calm down some once they have seen the deer in person before.

Many will say too many rules or this takes the fun out of things but those are likely the people you are going to struggle with shooting the right deer.

Comment

My lease is just me. I bring family and friends every time I don’t even shoot I like watching my son does all the killing. Basically no rules except no feeder/ blinds within 100 yards of the fence and the amount of deer we can shoot, we have unlimited axis and turkeys. Hunt with bow or gun wherever

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
          Many will say too many rules or this takes the fun out of things but those are likely the people you are going to struggle with shooting the right deer.
          I agree 100% Roysmoke.

Comment

Unfortunately we have had issues with the current lease manager changing rules and then subsequently breaking them. It gets a little stickier as he is also part of the family, with all three their members being of no relation. Bottom line is the current agreement and manager is not working so we are going to try it a different way.

One big issue we’ve had is multiple box blinds and hunting setups popping up between seasons. On 960 acres we see no need for 10 box blinds, 9 bow setups, and 14 feeder setups. It’s getting out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
              Too many rules to worry about, i guess I’m lucky with a good group. Our only (and unspoken) rules are don’t be stupid, respect the land and ALWAYS have fun.
              Ain't that the truth
              It's amazing that some folks can even find pleasure in the woods with some of this nonsense.
              One this is certain, if my land owner ever sells I'll be hunting public land

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post

One big issue we’ve had is multiple box blinds and hunting setups popping up between seasons. On 960 acres we see no need for 10 box blinds, 9 bow setups, and 14 feeder setups. It’s getting out of hand.
                Dang

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                  OP, our rules are similar to yours with a few differences. I try to keep hunter numbers low so they don’t overshoot bucks. I allow two hunting areas per member. I don’t care if they are community or not, just no more than that many total. Guest can hunt off members tags, but must be with member at all times. No hunting at night period(we had a member shoot a neighbors cow because they thought it was a pig. Ya, a neighbors cow, so they shot across the fence). I also require age, sex, weight of all animals harvested plus gross B&C score of all bucks.

We went from a handshake agreement with very few rules to a 9 page lease agreement that must be signed before they can enter the property. The hunters kept saying “we don’t know what y’all want us to do,” so therefore I put it on paper.
                  As landowner, you have total control over who comes on your property. If the hunters think you have too many rules, then find a new group, pretty simple. If you manage your property correctly you’ll never have to worry about finding hunters. If you find good hunters though who respect your property, hold on to them as long as you can.
                  This is the direction Im headed. Just a good idea to have it all laid out and if there is questions it can be looked up by that hunter and not left up to interpretation.

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post

Absolutely

Another thing to cover is NO subleasing or selling any hunts. There is a good place being lost around here due to that and it won't be available to any else as far as I know. So some good hunting just went off the market

Comment

Unfortunately we have had issues with the current lease manager changing rules and then subsequently breaking them. It gets a little stickier as he is also part of the family, with all three their members being of no relation. Bottom line is the current agreement and manager is not working so we are going to try it a different way.

I allow my lease hunters 8 feeders on 1050 ac. Every place is different though due to topography and cover.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Plenty.
                      Yikes thinking same thing. Guess we should be thankful there has been no need to take it that far on our places. This is the future though

Comment

Yikes I think we are around 10 on 2500ac

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                          Yikes thinking same thing. Guess we should be thankful there has been no need to take it that far on our places. This is the future though
                          Yup, not nocking him. I would have to bring the list with me on a hunt for pre-hunt rules, hunt rules and post hunt rules. I have hell filling out my tag and license and tag after a kill. 😂

Comment

Too many rules to worry about, i guess I’m lucky with a good group. Our only (and unspoken) rules are don’t be stupid, respect the land and ALWAYS have fun.
                            ^^^

Comment

Well

Pretty much our rules as well. I've been on the same lease for over 20-years, and run it for past 5-years. We've only had one problem, about 4-years ago, and that problem is no longer with us. All runs smoothly, each person has their own area they hunt, and each person will ask permission to hunt another's area.

Pretty much all are management minded. Heck, we've only shot two deer this year, doe and a decent buck by one of the kids. After the season closes, more people will probably take some does.

Comment

After my last experience I will never have a lease without written and signed rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X