Question about big buck pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about big buck pattern

Yesterday evening I watched a monster 11 point with a kicker come out of a ravine and walk a tree line about 100 yards from my oak tree. I have never seen this deer on camera or while hunting till yesterday. The feeder went off while he was milling around and he didn't even look up. Will he travel that same area? Should I try and setup near the trail or leave the area alone?

I’d move towards the path he came from as long as the wind allows you to. Probably good that you got to see the direction he worked from in daylight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would watch and see if he comes out of there again then make a move using the wind

Comment

He's apparently too smart to eat at a feeder, I'd throw out some hand corn where he traveled and put a camera on it. Be sure to hand corn in a perfect spot to hunt from, and your scent trail will be away from him. If there is thick brush, you might be able to make a natural ground blind, or set up a tripod or lock-on stand. DO NOT hunt the spot is the wind is not right. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          He's apparently too smart to eat at a feeder, I'd throw out some hand corn where he traveled and put a camera on it. Be sure to hand corn in a perfect spot to hunt from, and your scent trail will be away from him. If there is thick brush, you might be able to make a natural ground blind, or set up a tripod or lock-on stand. DO NOT hunt the spot is the wind is not right. Good luck.
          There you go. Perfect

Comment

Daaaaaaang look what the cat drug in....................a Stunt sighting..

Whats going on stranger?

Comment

Good chance he has breeding on his brain

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Daaaaaaang look what the cat drug in....................a Stunt sighting..

Whats going on stranger?
                whats up brotha. Workin, huntin and lurkin the shawdows of the green screen.

Comment

The buck actually came across the field and held up in the brush about 30 yards behind me and watched a couple small bucks at the feeder for about 30 minutes. Then slipped out somewhere before dark.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                    The buck actually came across the field and held up in the brush about 30 yards behind me and watched a couple small bucks at the feeder for about 30 minutes. Then slipped out somewhere before dark.
                    He's onto you, I'd set up near where he watched the other bucks. I wouldn't change anything but where you hide, if possible.

Comment

I think throwing hand corn where you saw him will put him on high alert. If you do hand corn there, throw it from as far away as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a gun.

Comment

I would move. Why keep sitting at a feeder that you have no pics of that deer at?

Comment

Take a climber and go get in that tree line as soon as you have a decent wind forecast.

I’d skip on throwing bait around in blind hope to minimize scent/intrusion. I can’t see that helping unless there’s not enough to eat.

Comment

Game camera on the trail he took or some corn and a camera should get you a decent answer on the pattern.

Comment

Working...
                              X