Clear All

Thank you all for the nice things and continued prayers for my daddy
    He’s has and will continue to touch peoples lives for years to come
    The oh yeah Ed said it was easier this way or the I seen Ed do it this way
    Any how thanks again

Comment

Hate to hear this. Ed is a great guy

Comment

Prayers up for all the Patak family. Cancer sucks!

I have heard nothing but good things about Ed and his family, and I know they are quality folks.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers up for Ed and family

Comment

Prayers up,
              I met Ed in 2014 on TBH,
              it was in the classifieds,
              Lease openings Irion and Schleicher counties. so I pm him and got his number we talked the following days and we talked for hours about this property in Mertzon Texas, which I’ve never heard of at the time, so he told me you know the lease I took a hit just like every other place back then with the drought and he was looking for management minded hunters.
              To try to get the herd back and not take everything in sight,
              So over the weeks We talked, I decided to go look at it, I told him I would bring my camper with me.. if I liked it I would leave my camper, if I didn’t it would be a great camping trip. So I packed enough water and deer sausage and tortillas to last 4-days, I met Ed and his daughter and granddaughter in Mertzon tx, at a Feedstore seven hours later. Then the next 1-1/2 hrs, Was a venture getting my a 28’ Travel trailer to camp. We set up for the night the next morning he took me out to an area that was open, I set out cameras and pile corn in front of them to see if there was any deer in this area, so I went out the next morning and sure enough there were deer there. So the friendship began with Ed and his family and the TBH lease members. Ed is probably one of the best lease managers I’ve ever met, he told you take care of your stuff and we’re all good. He’s been one of those great long-distance friends, we probably live four hours apart lucky for him. LOL, never hesitated to answer a text even while I was working on my Suzuki samurai and needed help, he was always there to answer any questions. Very knowledgeable guy and was always glad to help. I can’t say enough about Ed, we pray that you get strong and continue with your life. We are Praying for you and your family. Godspeed Ed,

Dennis
              Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 08-22-2018, 06:14 AM.

Comment

I spoke with Ed on the phone last April for the first time. You could tell he was a stand up person.

Prayers up for him and his family.

Comment

I haven't been around here much lately. Sadly, I am just now seeing this, and after reading through this thread, I feel bad having not had the privilege of meeting Ed and the rest of his family! Seems to me Ed is another one of those who make TBH what it is, a huge family of God-fearing, loving people. I have a dear, dear friend and pastor that is going through a similar battle, and though I know this affliction of cancer is NOT of God, but I have to admit, I sure struggle with understanding why this sort of thing happens to so many of "the good guys". Obviously, if we were God, we'd just zap it and get rid of it in our friends and relatives like the strong pillars of our community, like Ed. God's ways are higher than ours, and they certainly are hard to understand sometimes. These things test our faith, or at least they do mine. I do resolve to do my best to see the "good" in these tragedies, but it sure is hard. Only prayer and meditation on God's Word and asking specifically for comfort and understanding seems to help a little for me.

Though I don't know Ed personally, it's pretty obvious he's one of the good guys and it's another real gut-punch to read about this!

Lord God in Heaven, we come to You with heavy hearts asking for Your Divine intervention in our brother Ed's life. We ask You Lord specifically to remove this cancer, this spawn of Satan from his body. We know Lord that You are able and we ask in the name of Your only Son Jesus Christ as You promised, to heal Ed if it can be in Your will. Lord You know Ed's heart, and You know it to be pure. Just from what is evidenced here, we know he is a strong witness and powerful testimony of Your Grace. We ask You Lord, heal him. Give him and his dear family peace and comfort and strength to seek Your will and remain strong through this ordeal. Lord we love You and we lean on You for understanding and guidance. In the powerful name of Jesus our Lord we ask and pray, Amen.

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

Man not sure how I missed this yesterday. I’m like Joel, never actually met Ed in person but from the conversations I have had with him you could tell he was first class all the way.
                      Was praying that he had this beat, keep fighting Ed and going to be praying for strength with you and your family!!

Comment

Prayers up for Ed and his family.

Comment

Prayers sent for the family

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Continued prayers for all.

Comment

Prayers sent!!

Comment

Working...