Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats what i thought thank you sir

Comment

this dang weather ruins plans all the time. but at least most my tracks and trails will be fresh when i do go sometime this week or next!

Comment

The wife and I are going to be out there in the morning for a couple hours ... Next weekend we will be hitting it hard...

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
          Well THERE's your problem... You're still hiking!

You gotta try riding man, it's the only way to go...

3 miles, without breaking a sweat, in less than 40 minutes. Gotta love it
          I am working on getting another bike. I have 3 spots that require a bike....but I think they will be outstanding this fall.

Comment

same here ksig my plans where ruined today but hopefully this rain will blow over tonight. and planning on next weekend to hit it hard with less rain probably get in a few evenings on some hogs and spying the area.

Comment

We need the rain, but I sure would like to get out and do some more scouting.

Comment

back for another round

Well as the title says my wife and I will be back again for another round in the SHNF. We had a great year last year and hopefully this year will be exciting as well!

We got out there and looked around at some of our spots and yes it was raining most of the time we were there. What a blessing because it could have been 100 degrees out! All I can say is the deer will have plenty to eat this year! A lot of our spots have really grown up with all the rain we have been getting since the drought. Some of our spots have changed so much that they are hard to recognize. We will adapt to the new scenery but it's going to be great for the deer herd (and hopefully antler growth) that's for sure!

This year I'm going to opt for some Traditional archery. I will be shooting a recurve of my handywork this year because I have a goal of killing a deer with a bow that I made myself. Now I'm not saying that I wont be hunting with my compound, because I still love shooting it as well. In fact, some of my spots are just not Stickbow spots because of the shot distance. But I will be giving it my best to shoot one with my recurve! Here's a pic of the bow and some specs: 61" NTN 44@28 Bubinga and Grey Action wood riser with Grey Actionwood limbs. I'm really happy with how it turned out and shoots!
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, rain sure is nice,,,, but now my cam I hate to say is probably under water.

Comment

SHNF Camo

I also wanted to share with yall what my wife made for me to hunt in this year. I have to admit that it was Damian that inspired me to even look at a solid blaze orange shirt in the first place. We all know how hot it is to hunt in bow season and I will admit that I do not like wearing the orange vest in the stand either. I know that there are others out there that don't like wearing the orange on the stand because I have walked in on at least one of you last year! I also don't like the solid color of the vest and hat. I would much rather have a pattern to "break" up my human form a little bit. So my wife and I came up with this:

I think this will be a little bit cooler to wear in October. As far as camo goes its cheap. Now I don't know what she used to dye the shirt, but I can tell you need to get a shirt that is 100% cotton for the dye to take better. I thought it was a good idea and I should pass it along! Talk to yall later -- Tod
                    Attached Files

Comment

That is pretty sweet. You will appreciate not having two layers on in early season. I have several of the shirts now and just change out for the afternoon hunt.

Some of my old spots were hard to recognize. With the drought and all of the fallen trees and then all of the greenery, it will be hard hunting those areas. I had a great trail right in front of my old stand location. This year there is half a tree across it. I tried to move it, but it is too big. Hopefully I can get it.moved later.

Luckily I have a couple other spots I may hunt this year.

Comment

Spent half a day dodging rain sat - saw 5 does no fawns - could've been there but brush is so high i didn't see 'em - set-ups are really different this year due to the growth - glad i had my thermacell!

Comment

Does anyone have a list of which gates are closed all year and which ones will be opened at some point during the year? Would appreciate it if I could get a copy.

Comment

Does any of yall have a topo

Comment

Originally posted by kabanh View Post
                              Does any of yall have a topo
                              on my GPS..

Comment

sure do.

Comment

Working...
                                X