No announcement yet.

2011 lake Grapevine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a little scouting with my son for dove and a little deer. the little pond I was going to hunt for dove is dry as a bone. the creek only has deep holes. did find a good pinch point, but nothing exciting. think my hunting will depend on the rain or lack their of for the first part of the season.

Where are you gonna hunt budman?

Comment

Originally posted by allenshawn1 View Post
      I did a little scouting with my son for dove and a little deer. the little pond I was going to hunt for dove is dry as a bone. the creek only has deep holes. did find a good pinch point, but nothing exciting. think my hunting will depend on the rain or lack their of for the first part of the season.

Where are you gonna hunt budman?
      Going to hunt Grapevine for youth deer and hog. I also put in for Benbrook and will probably hunt the Grasslands/Type II. Never hunted there, so it should be interesting. Hoping someone from the TBH will buddy up with me.

I was wondering if that pond dried up. Did you walk the creek in? Looks pretty dry from 35. Going to put my Camera out in a few weeks to see if I can pick up a new trail for my son.

Comment

I plan on scouting it while dove hunting in the next few weeks. We got off our gun/bow lease last season due to the oil & gas men bulldozing the land. I've never hunted Grapevine, but looking forward to it.

Budman68 - I'm flying solo this year. If your looking for someone to buddy up with, just let me know.

That goes for anyone else too... I don't mind helping each other out. Especially if someone needs to drag a buck 1-2 miles.

Comment

Anyone have any pics of deer shoot off the grapevine core land?

Comment

Their are no pics, because their are no deer in grapevine.

Comment

I have never seen any deer out there yet.

Comment

That sucks budman.I some how got picked!Wish me luck.

Comment

I haven't picked up my permit yet. What are the dates on permit. I was thinking "Oct 10th till Jan ?" Because of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                    That sucks budman.I some how got picked!Wish me luck.
                    No big deal, I will be out there with my son during youth season. Also have one on the way, so my season will be a short one this year.

Comment

There used to be at least one deer there!!

Comment

Yea budman my wife is 9 weeks herself so im hunting as much as i can get away with this year.I was going to take my 11 year old but i dont think i can now cause she dont have her hunting saftey course.Plus I thought she could use a crossbow but I think thats illegal.So shell have to wait till she can pull a 40# bow!I cant believe im hunting 10 minutes from my house.Goodbye decatur grasslands hello grapvine.I hope i can tag a buck half the size as yours last year.

Comment

Johnny if she is with you she does not need her safety course. Call the corp office about the crossbow. My 12year old daughter pulls back 30 pounds and that is plenty for a 20 yard shot.

Comment

Thats what my friends say. Nothing but freakin HOGS.........

Comment

Thats why I hunt these in Oklahoma...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Congrats buddy and johny. I haven't picked my permit yet, but I am pretty sure u could use crossbows last year and no hunters safety with you. Good to go. Just have to get the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X