Need brake light help on Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need brake light help on Jeep

Wifes 2004 Jeep Liberty. One brake light working this morning so I go change the bulb. Fuzes good, all 3 bulbs good but no brake lights. I did change the bulbs on all 3 lights. Parking lights and blinkers work fine. Any suggestions?

If its like my wrangler there's another fuse under the hood that is for the mfsw I believe, check that then check the multifunction switch somewhere around the brake pedal or steering column I can't remember exactly

Comment

Relay maybe? Should be under the hood.

Comment

If push comes to shove, run a jumper from the one that works to the bad one. Sounds like an open connection. As long as it does not interfere with the turn signal lights, it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by buckmastertexas View Post
          If push comes to shove, run a jumper from the one that works to the bad one. Sounds like an open connection. As long as it does not interfere with the turn signal lights, it should work.
          will check the other fuses and relay. I forgot to mention all 3 light not working now.

Comment

Try putting some dielectric grease @ the bulb connection.

Comment

If it's like the 2000 jeep grand Cherokee I used to have, get ready to buy a new light assembly.... Mine had some flexible circuit board something or the other in it that gave me similar problems. Bought an after market light and problem solved... Using the same bulbs. Hope that is not the deal with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by arcfiddler View Post
                If it's like the 2000 jeep grand Cherokee I used to have, get ready to buy a new light assembly.... Mine had some flexible circuit board something or the other in it that gave me similar problems. Bought an after market light and problem solved... Using the same bulbs. Hope that is not the deal with yours.
                this

Comment

Working...
                X