No announcement yet.

Guess it was too good to be true!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think this is about greed. You paid $400 last year and your son’s both killed nice bucks. You don’t say how many pigs were killed or what you killed. The other hunter also paid $400 and you don’t say what he killed. Now you wanted to invite guests to this 40 acre honey hole this year and the owner raised the price. In my opinion, I think the owner realized that you took advantage of him. I don’t know anywhere that anybody could kill 2 nice bucks plus whatever else was killed for $800. I think you made out like a bandit.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieRod View Post
      I don’t think this is about greed. You paid $400 last year and your son’s both killed nice bucks. You don’t say how many pigs were killed or what you killed. The other hunter also paid $400 and you don’t say what he killed. Now you wanted to invite guests to this 40 acre honey hole this year and the owner raised the price. In my opinion, I think the owner realized that you took advantage of him. I don’t know anywhere that anybody could kill 2 nice bucks plus whatever else was killed for $800. I think you made out like a bandit.
      "Took advantage of him" The owner charged a rate and had no stipulations, he paid that rate. How did he take advantage of anyone.

Comment

My exact thoughts as I was reading through. Lots of people taking advantage of the great deal. Maybe more traffic than they were wanting.

And some landowners are greedy too.

Comment

Sorry, but this ain't how it works. LO leased the land to two guys year round and didn't put a cap on game taken. Sure, it's his land and he can charge what he wants, but make no mistake, the motive is greed. It's as simple as that.

The love of money is the root of all evil.........

Comment

Oh yeah, it’s about the money. Make no mistake about it. Nice guys get greedy too.

Comment

Not how I see it either. No way I would pay more than $400 to hunt 40 acres. Sounds like complete greed and lack of integrity on the LO part. If he knew he wanted more for the lease he should not have waited this long to inform the hunters. He pretty much set them up by letting them feed all summer and waiting this long to tell them the price was going up.
              Last edited by CSanders; 10-21-2018, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Making aggies everywhere so proud. Lol

Comment

Should have paid up for this year before doing all the work.

Were you able to get your gear off?

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                    Not how I see it either. No way I would pay more than $400 to hunt 40 acres. Sounds like complete greed and lack of integrity on the LO part. If he knew he wanted more for the lease he should not have waited this long to inform the hunters. He pretty much set them up by letting them feed all summer and waiting this long to tell them the price was going up.
                    I agree with this statement.

Comment

I took advantage of it?? My son and my daughter each killed a buck, the other guy on the lease got both his boys a decent buck, I killed several hogs. The place is way over populated with deer. This year I was gonna let two guys from TBH bring their kid or wife out to shoot a deer. We’re allowed 5 deer in this county. Even by doing this I’m not going over my limit. Trying to be nice, and help out some less fortunate folks that have no place to hunt. I actually put up a big super lock thing on his gate to keep people from cutting our chain and locks off and trespassing on his property (happened several times last year), also contacted the landowner across the river when his cows got out and on our property. I’ve been nothing but good for this guy.
                      No way have I taking advantage of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would offer to pay him what I think it’s worth to me. If he says no I’d burn that place down.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                          I would offer to pay him what I think it’s worth to me. If he says no I’d burn that place down.
                          Classy comment dude.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                            I might have some spots open on my lease next year, you interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              Agreed...he may be of mind to say...your stuff is now my stuff. Get your things outta there and then tell him not thanx.

I plan to take a day off work this week and go out to get all my stuff. I’ll tell him that same day we’re getting off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                                I might have some spots open on my lease next year, you interested?
                                Thats funny! I think he will have a hard time finding a deer lease after that comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X