Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
lanceodom
Ten Point

Hunt In: LaSalle County
Default Vertigo the Spin Demon who has had it?

Sorry for the long readó
So the spin demons came to me Christmas Eve/morning about 2:30am. I had gone to bed around midnight and my wife was up finishing wrapping gifts etc. It woke me up out of a deep sleep and I fell out of bed. Stumbled to get up and had to lean on the bed trying to figure out what in the world was going on. Afraid I was going to blow chow all over my bed, I stumble to my bathroom sink. I stand there trying to figure out what was going on and the whole world was upside down. My phone was charging on the counter so I called my wife in. She was in the front room still getting ready for Christmas and immediately came to me. I told her I thought I was having a stroke or heart attack. Couldnít catch my breath and pouring sweat! She called 911 and they took me to the ER. That ambulance ride was rough!! I threw up everything I had eaten in the past 30years! Once in the ER, they sedated me and quickly figured out I wasnít dying. (The EMS guys already knew this, they were awesome). I woke up about 6:30am and they discharged me with Vertigo. Got a prescription for mescaline. So I limped through Christmas Day, my wife got the flu and two of my three kids had just gotten their tonsils out so they werenít feeling great. Thought I was doing pretty good but the spin demons came to me Wednesday night around 2am. I stood in the bathroom for a while until it calmed down then got back in bed. Suffered through most of Thursday and finally told my wife I was going to go check in to the hospital. Thankfully my Mom and great friend and fellow TBHer, HouCav, drove me to the hospital and hung with me until 3am when I was admitted. They also got to listen to me blow my guts out while we waited to see the doctor. Turns out the best meds are some Zofran and a Valium and I was night night. Slept until Friday noon, wake up to have an MRI and some other tests, meet with doctors and get discharged. The spin demons havenít been back and Iím praying they donít visit again. Straight period. Iíve got follow up doctor appointments next week.

So who has had it and what did you use to get through it?
lanceodom is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #2
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Prayers Up for you. Hope everything turns out ok.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2017, 09:58 PM   #3
icetrauma
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dreams

I had it. Started feeling a little off while driving to work one AM. Had a staff meeting and I stood up, looked at my boss and weeeeeeeeeeeeee, the spins really hit and hit hard. They put me in a room, dropped in an IV, some IV fluids, Meclizine, Phenergan for the vomiting and a brain CT. Yes, I work in an ER. One of the worst experiences I've had. Meclizine worked for me. I have not had it since that episode. Knock on the proverbial wood.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #4
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
I had it. Started feeling a little off while driving to work one AM. Had a staff meeting and I stood up, looked at my boss and weeeeeeeeeeeeee, the spins really hit and hit hard. They put me in a room, dropped in an IV, some IV fluids, Meclizine, Phenergan for the vomiting and a brain CT. Yes, I work in an ER. One of the worst experiences I've had. Meclizine worked for me. I have not had it since that episode. Knock on the proverbial wood.
Sounds like mine. The mescaline quit working after day one. Then the spins came back. Itís awful.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #5
Puggy625
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX, KS

Got it once, from a sinus infection that got into my ears. Started feeling "odd" one night. Got home and laid down on the couch (I had been separated from the ex for a short time at that point). Woke up the next morning to go to the bathroom and took one step forward and two sideways. I knew something was wrong but didn't know what. Started feeling nauseated. Tried taking a shower and when I closed my eyes to wash my hair, I fell out of the shower. Drove myself to the ER to get checked out, got diagnosed with Vertigo. Didn't get any scripts or anything, just told to take it easy and it will pass, eventually. Took a week before I was feeling right again. Best way I can describe it is like being on a week long drunk, but not ever wearing off.
Puggy625 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #6
icetrauma
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceodom View Post
Sounds like mine. The mescaline quit working after day one. Then the spins came back. Itís awful.
I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Hopefully, the spin demons are exercised.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2017, 10:35 PM   #7
Tx_Wader
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jackson County and Utopia

Man I feel for you. Years ago when I was in high school a buddy came out with me to Utopia to hunt. We hunted the first cold and icy morning and we both shot bucks then stayed at the house for the evening. I was in the bathroom and I heard a crash and my buddy was on the floor trying to get up.

I had no idea what was wrong and neither did he but I called EMS and they came and took him to Uvalde. Vertigo they said and he was miserable. Our three day hunting trip turned into 4 but I got him home.

They gave him a shot of something that helped out a lot but he kept a mop bucket on the floorboard on the way home and unfortunately for both him and me he had to use it a few times.

He said that it was the worst feeling in the world.

Sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure that it scared the heck out of you.
Tx_Wader is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2017, 10:38 PM   #8
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Wader View Post
Man I feel for you. Years ago when I was in high school a buddy came out with me to Utopia to hunt. We hunted the first cold and icy morning and we both shot bucks then stayed at the house for the evening. I was in the bathroom and I heard a crash and my buddy was on the floor trying to get up.

I had no idea what was wrong and neither did he but I called EMS and they came and took him to Uvalde. Vertigo they said and he was miserable. Our three day hunting trip turned into 4 but I got him home.

They gave him a shot of something that helped out a lot but he kept a mop bucket on the floorboard on the way home and unfortunately for both him and me he had to use it a few times.

He said that it was the worst feeling in the world.

Sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure that it scared the heck out of you.
I told a friend of mine that Iíve never been close to dying but sure thought I was Christmas Eve. I really kept waiting for the lights to go out, even prayed for it a few times......
Old 12-30-2017, 10:47 PM   #9
RiverRat00
Pope & Young

Wife had it awhile back, vertigo.. Same thing awful equilibrium and vomiting( like when sea sick).

Believed one Dr said she has crystals in her ear that develop and cause the problem.

Hope yours stops like they usually do
RiverRat00 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2017, 10:56 PM   #10
pilar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton

I fished offshore for 30 years and never got sick , I started getting sea sickness and vertigo,
A MRI revealed a 8mm tumor on my vestibular nerve and facial nerves, a 14 hour surgery, and 6 months of blindness and balance rehab and daily doses of phinagrn I was finally able to regain enough balance control to walk and drive to store, but I did loose 80 lbs throwing up every 20 minutes
I am 15 years out of surgery and still can't use a ladder and not throw up some days
Phinagren and Valium are a god send on bad days , I did fish some after that
So I know your pain well
It is so weird to lay flat on my back and have entire room spinning around

Last edited by pilar; 12-30-2017 at 11:01 PM.
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2017, 11:01 PM   #11
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilar View Post
I fished offshore for 30 years and never got sick , I started getting sea sickness and vertigo,
A MRI revealed a 8mm tumor on my vestibular nerve and facial nerves, a 14 hour surgery, and 6 months of blindness and balance rehab and daily doses of phinagrn I was finally able to regain enough balance control to walk and drive to store, but I did loose 80 lbs throwing up every 20 minutes
I am 15 years out of surgery and still can't use a ladder and not throw up some days
Phinagren and Valium are a god send on bad days , I did fish some after that
So I know your pain well
Holy cow! Sorry that you had that. Sounds like youíre on the better side of it now.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:08 PM   #12
hardtner
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches Co, NW OK, Unit 16 KS

Don’t get me started....wouldn’t wish vertigo on anyone. Had 3 bouts fall 2015 and spring 2016. Spent about 15 days in bed and took months to get over it. I still have some balance issues and can’t do some things I could before. Lots of testing for me yet no definitive cause was determined. I fear one day it will return.
hardtner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #13
Kevin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin and Argentina, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan

Oh man I had this one time. It scared the crap out me. Mine was a piece of debris or something that turned loose in my inner ear. I woke up with my head spinning laying down. My first thought was “am I drunk!?!” because everything kept spinning even with my eyes closed. I tried to stand up to go to the bathroom and fell over. Crawled the rest of the way. I was single at the time so I called my mom I was freaking out so much lol.

Mine just cleared up eventually and hasn’t come back. It sure sucked though.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 12:32 AM   #14
cuttingedge
Eight Point

Hunt In: hardly at all here

I have. IT IS TERRIBLE. I was basically incapacitated for 3 days. Mine is much better, but still get dizzy if I look straight up and lose may balance from time to time.
cuttingedge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 12:40 AM   #15
Jaker
Eight Point

Hunt In: Ace, SHNF, DCNF

It hit my buddy hard a few months ago, we stayed out all night fishing and I called him that next day he was in the hospital. He ended up staying in there a week until they diagnosed him with MS he’s had it pretty rough since.
Jaker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 01:08 AM   #16
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaker View Post
It hit my buddy hard a few months ago, we stayed out all night fishing and I called him that next day he was in the hospital. He ended up staying in there a week until they diagnosed him with MS heís had it pretty rough since.
That sucks. Sorry for your buddy.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:11 AM   #17
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

I have re-occurring vertigo and it sucks every time. For me it only usually lasts 5-10 minutes and I’m fine but it still sucks. Have had it about 7 years now. Usually occurs when I’m driving long distances.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 01:16 AM   #18
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
I have re-occurring vertigo and it sucks every time. For me it only usually lasts 5-10 minutes and Iím fine but it still sucks. Have had it about 7 years now. Usually occurs when Iím driving long distances.
My wife is afraid to let me drive now. I told her Iíd just pull over if it happens. What do you do?
Old 12-31-2017, 01:41 AM   #19
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceodom View Post
My wife is afraid to let me drive now. I told her I’d just pull over if it happens. What do you do?
Nothing really. I drive a LOT (95000 miles this calendar year) and I usually just keep on rolling. I’ve had to pull off several times but I’m so used to this crap that I just keep on driving. It’s not as bad in the truck compared to when I’m at home. Usually hits my much worse there. My episodes are not as bad as yours by any means but I do get dizzy, blurred vision, nauseated, and head aches.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:56 AM   #20
Boss Buck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Stephen Co.

My wife deals with it. She does some exercises with her head that help the crystal from rolling round
Boss Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 07:28 AM   #21
Benelliguy
Six Point

Hunt In: VT, OH, Wherever Invited
Default Vertigo

I think the procedure Boss Buck is referring to is the canalith repositioning procedure performed in office by an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. It repositions the tiny crystals to an area where they donít cause dizziness. Found this online yesterday when my daughter woke up with vertigo after going to urgent care and doing some research on it. We are going to try to see an ENT Tues-if she has it done I will post up the results.
Benelliguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 07:49 AM   #22
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

Several years ago I had a brutal episode of vertigo while sitting at my desk. I had no idea what it was. If I did anything other than lay on the floor on my back and was perfectly still things went crazy and I threw up. My business partner rolled me out of the building in an office chair and my wife drove me to the hospital. They ran all the tests and determined it was just vertigo. I still have a slight case of what they call “positional vertigo”. If I tilt my head back and look straight up or get in a position where my head is below my feet I get dizzy and even nauseous.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 08:25 AM   #23
Tbar
Ten Point

Yep, ramping up on some meds.

I have stop and drop to a knee before I fell.
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 08:34 AM   #24
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead, TX

Have you had a respiratory virus in the past few weeks? It's one way to catch viral labyrinthitis. Google it. I got hit with it about 8 years ago and still get false motion from it. I soffered for weeks of doc visits before I went to an ENT doctor and got treatment right away. Faster you get on this the better as the nerves in the inner ear are being attacked and takes long time to re-adjust. Pm me for more info if you want.
TXHUNT3R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 08:51 AM   #25
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

I have had it.
Woke up one morning and fell as soon as I got out of bed. I was extremely dizzy and nauseous. This lasted most of the morning but subsided some after lunch. I was then able to function normally except when I looked up. Then the dizziness would come back. This went on for a couple weeks till my wife made me go to the doctor.
I went to the doctor after work. She twisted and turned my head in various positions stopping only because I told her ďI am about to pukeĒ. Then she used the stethoscope and looked concerned. She said ďwe need to do an ekg on youĒ.
After that was over she told me I needed to to go to the emergency room and have an emergency mri. So she called my wife to come pick me up. She didnít think I should drive.
The hospital does another ekg and the mri. They didnít find anything and thought I just had vertigo.
A couple weeks later the dizziness stopped and the hospital bill came in. It was a little over $14,000.00!.
It seems my insurance doesnít cover an ďemergency mriĒ.
I ended up settling with them for around $5,000.00.

That was about 8 years ago and I havenít had any problems since then.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 09:10 AM   #26
Bowtech38
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benelliguy View Post
I think the procedure Boss Buck is referring to is the canalith repositioning procedure performed in office by an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. It repositions the tiny crystals to an area where they donít cause dizziness. Found this online yesterday when my daughter woke up with vertigo after going to urgent care and doing some research on it. We are going to try to see an ENT Tues-if she has it done I will post up the results.
This worked for me, had a bad case in iraq in a deployment
Bowtech38 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 09:12 AM   #27
huntmaster
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Archer County

I used to get it often but since I started using the Neti pot I don't get vertigo anymore
huntmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 09:27 AM   #28
axisbuck24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benelliguy View Post
I think the procedure Boss Buck is referring to is the canalith repositioning procedure performed in office by an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. It repositions the tiny crystals to an area where they don’t cause dizziness. Found this online yesterday when my daughter woke up with vertigo after going to urgent care and doing some research on it. We are going to try to see an ENT Tues-if she has it done I will post up the results.
The exercise is called Epley maneuver. It works on some people only if the vertigo is caused by the crystal displacement. I have been dealing with vertigo for about 15 years. I woke up out of bed and ran into the wall because of my balance. I had constant vomiting where Valium and pherergan did not help. Since I have had intermittent episodes but the nausea has decreased significantly. After some testing, they diagnosed it as Meneires disease which is basically an unknown cause for the vertigo. One thing that did help with the Vertigo was restricting salt intake.
Hope you feel better and you get some answers. Keep us posted!
axisbuck24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 12:16 PM   #29
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

I have it if I lay on my back or look up and attempt to focus on anything. Like working under a car. Tried to change a starter on my wife's car, threw up 3 times to get it out. Called a buddy to help get it back in. Had head ct's as part of cancer follow up , didn't find anything. Seems like it got worse when I started cholesterol meds. Don't take them anymore, but vertigo still there. Mom had it sometimes also.
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 12:26 PM   #30
slicktricker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land

I have a history with it, family member also has been diagnosed with meniere's disease which has very similar symptoms.
Haven't had a severe bout with it in awhile thankfully but can be so bad that vomitting can accompany the other symptoms.
slicktricker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 12:36 PM   #31
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double bogey View Post
I have it if I lay on my back or look up and attempt to focus on anything. Like working under a car. Tried to change a starter on my wife's car, threw up 3 times to get it out. Called a buddy to help get it back in. Had head ct's as part of cancer follow up , didn't find anything. Seems like it got worse when I started cholesterol meds. Don't take them anymore, but vertigo still there. Mom had it sometimes also.
Same with me - ever since that severe episode I have positional vertigo. Laying on my back and looking up is the worst. I recently lay under the sink trying to hook up a new faucet set. It took forever - I could only work for a few minutes at a time without having to crawl out and get upright for a while. I canít even do flip turns in the pool anymore. A carnival ride would probably kill me
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 01:22 PM   #32
lanceodom
Ten Point

Good info guys. Thanks for responding. I just woke up. Thank goodness for for Valium and zofran!! It’s amazing how many experience this.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #33
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Thatís usually what I do too. Find something to focus on and stare at it for a while
Old 12-31-2017, 03:16 PM   #34
Kingfisher789
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

Quote:
That's how it got me! Laying under my Suburban doing a trans service. I thought at first I had just fooled my senses from the angles or not being able to find the horizon so to say. I rolled out of there and didn't think I was going to make it inside. Knocked me down for the rest of the day. Took about three days to finish that job. A buddy told me about a trick doc told him. First thing in the morning sit up in bed with your feet on the ground and rotate your head from one side to the other. Like syncing your compass on a phone. It helped me.
Kingfisher789 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 03:36 PM   #35
Boss Buck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Stephen Co.

We do it at the house. It causes her mild dizziness during. It’s been a few years sense she’s had full on attack. ENT was the one whom recommended she do them at the house. The same Mech. Drug is what she takes. That stuff leave her doped up bad.
Boss Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 03:37 PM   #36
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

I have always been susceptible to motion sickness. As a child I couldn't go 50 miles without pulling over and throwing up. I do ok as an adult if I ride in the front seat, and driving. I do fine on lakes, but get seasick offshore, really messes me up, as I love to fish. A couple of years ago at Ft. Lauderdale, got sick within sight of the shoreline. As I would get nauseated, I could focus on the shore and get straight, but had to go inside to the restroom, and couldn't recover. Several years ago we did a weeklong cruise, was half nauseated the whole trip, fine by me, just an expensive boat ride anyway.
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #37
jcd49
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I get the opportunity

All of these episodes sound so familiar, bouncing off the wall like I was drunk, going to the ER to be told that I wasn't going to die after all. I keep an emergency supply of an over the counter drug called, "AntiVert" which is the generic for Meclizine, handy whenever I'm going to be away from home for an extended period. The drug isn't going to cure Vertigo, but it can ease the symptoms. I can always feel it when an episode is coming on, so I try not to do anything that would make things worse.
jcd49 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 04:24 PM   #38
db@100
Eight Point

I deal with it as well. I really have to be careful when I'm on a ladder and looking up. When it hits, I just grab the ladder and hold on. If you look at some ones eyes during an attack, their eye move real fast side to side.
I went to the ENT center in The Woodlands and the Dr. did the "rolling of the head thing" and that fixed most of it. I didn't like all the side effects of the drugs. I have them but don't take them.
db@100 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 05:12 PM   #39
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
I have always been susceptible to motion sickness. As a child I couldn't go 50 miles without pulling over and throwing up. I do ok as an adult if I ride in the front seat, and driving. I do fine on lakes, but get seasick offshore, really messes me up, as I love to fish. A couple of years ago at Ft. Lauderdale, got sick within sight of the shoreline. As I would get nauseated, I could focus on the shore and get straight, but had to go inside to the restroom, and couldn't recover. Several years ago we did a weeklong cruise, was half nauseated the whole trip, fine by me, just an expensive boat ride anyway.
Iím the same. Mom used to carry ziploc bags for me to puke in on car rides. Now I have to drive everywhere and forget going deep sea fishing. Bay and lake rides are ok.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:52 PM   #40
brokeno
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

Wife had it really bad several years ago. Physical therapist has some exercises to realign the crystals in the inner ear. When she feels it coming on she does those exercises and good to go.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 07:35 PM   #41
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeno View Post
Wife had it really bad several years ago. Physical therapist has some exercises to realign the crystals in the inner ear. When she feels it coming on she does those exercises and good to go.
Iím hoping the ENT can do that for me on Tuesday. Crossing my fibers Iím spin free for almost 3 days now.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:21 PM   #42
Kingfisher789
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

Rolling of the head. It's funny how something that simple can prevent or help with an episode best described as a " spin toward death". They are tough to overcome.
Kingfisher789 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 09:06 PM   #43
zero-in
Eight Point

Hunt In: Comal County, Central Wisconsin

Called benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Doesn’t realign the crystals as noted when an epley maneuver is performed in the office, just takes the calcium carbonate crystals that are free floating and flushes them out into the utricle of the labyrinthine system that regulates balance where they desolve. Goggle BPPV. Vertigo is a symptom not an etiology.

Last edited by zero-in; 12-31-2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
zero-in is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2017, 09:13 PM   #44
tbgascorer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

Vestibular disorder here. Much of the same. Therapy for 6 weeks helped. You learn to live with it unfortunately. It's debilitating at times.
tbgascorer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2018, 06:25 AM   #45
Texas8point
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Buffalo and Juno, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgascorer View Post
Vestibular disorder here. Much of the same. Therapy for 6 weeks helped. You learn to live with it unfortunately. It's debilitating at times.
This.....

I had the same kind of onset as you did. Came out of nowhere, knocked me on my @ss and never fully went away....... that was 20 years ago. So the good news is your brain will
e v e n t u a l l y ...... learn to adapt to your episodes (not near as severe as the onset episode)... I would say I have a little 2 or 3 second dizzy blip everyday. I have taken many kinds of meds to try and help, none really work and no doctor will ever give you a good answer.
MRI's, ENT's, Neurologists and lots of money later nothing has changed.
Good Luck man. PM me if you want my # and we can talk about it.
Texas8point is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #46
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas8point View Post
This.....

I had the same kind of onset as you did. Came out of nowhere, knocked me on my @ss and never fully went away....... that was 20 years ago. So the good news is your brain will
e v e n t u a l l y ...... learn to adapt to your episodes (not near as severe as the onset episode)... I would say I have a little 2 or 3 second dizzy blip everyday. I have taken many kinds of meds to try and help, none really work and no doctor will ever give you a good answer.
MRI's, ENT's, Neurologists and lots of money later nothing has changed.
Good Luck man. PM me if you want my # and we can talk about it.
Thanks bud. It has been a beat down.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #47
M.E.B.
Ten Point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0N-m8m_7Gw

My wife had vertigo for several days and the doctor could not cure it.

I saw this Dizzy Fix on the web and I overnighted it to the house.

It worked and it has worked for one of her friends.
M.E.B. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #48
clay4626
Eight Point

Hunt In: Roberston Co, Lincoln ranch and johnson ranch

man I am getting dizzy reading this. Had a few encounters with it several years ago
I keep dizzy pills with me in my truck incase it hits again. if you think about it is kind of scary to how some thing like the small rocks or other things can cause such problems.
If I am diging post holes I have to take of my glasses or I get dizzy.
clay4626 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #49
wow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado, Lavaca, and any where im invited

Quote:
Mine started in NM while I was on a job site and went to change my oil on my truck. Thought I was a goner. Still have a few spells.
No fun
wow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2018, 11:24 PM   #50
lanceodom
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow View Post
Mine started in NM while I was on a job site and went to change my oil on my truck. Thought I was a goner. Still have a few spells.
No fun
Been several guys say it happened while working on a car? I wonder if lying on your back and having to focus on things up close in tight quarters might trigger for some?