Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    When they are cut we call em Bar hogs.
    Could be farm pig got out and went feral. Watch a show where they let a domesticated hog out and it didn't take but a few weeks from the go feral. The amount of change in a short time was amazing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Actually called a Barrow and I have cut many of them for show pigs. You won't see a scar and if you do see one it will be about 1/2 inch on each side if they are done when it's young.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
      Actually called a Barrow and I have cut many of them for show pigs. You won't see a scar and if you do see one it will be about 1/2 inch on each side if they are done when it's young.
      Say that with a big dip of Copenhagen and killed a 12 pack of Lone Star......sounds jus like bar!

Comment

Barr Hog, Short for Barrow

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
          Beat me to it...

Used a single edged razor blade, then graduated to one of those razor blade knives... 2 little slits and a dab of Vaseline in the pockets, quick snip of the tail and turn 'em loose...

A good Fall with lots of acorns in the bottom, and we'd go huntin' specifically for big hogs with no tail! Some real good eatin' and usually fat enough to get huge middlin's for bacon...

A good smoke house, some cheese cloth sacks, a little Morton's sugar cure, no a LOT of Morton's, and you had some real good bacon and hams pretty quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Say that with a big dip of Copenhagen and killed a 12 pack of Lone Star......sounds jus like bar!
            Guess my Paw Paw never got the last part out before it was time to spit the Redman tobacee jucie out.[emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Well I got practice because I actually live on Point Barrow so I have get it right or I don't get my mail.

Comment

Wheel barr

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  When they are cut we call em Bar hogs.
                  Could be farm pig got out and went feral. Watch a show where they let a domesticated hog out and it didn't take but a few weeks from the go feral. The amount of change in a short time was amazing.

Back when the feral hog population was a lot lower we had some guys buy some domestic hogs to stock their ranch with. They ended up shooting them all because they just stayed around camp and tore stuff up.

Comment

Old school catch, cut, release to catch and eat later

Comment

They are good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X