• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
    Just a quick rundown on fuel cost alone for 100k miles

Prices at Buc-ee's in Katy:
    Regular - $2.08 @15mpg - $13,867 or $12,235 @ 17mpg
    Diesel - $2.48 @30mpg - $8267

Difference - $5600 @15mpg or $3968 @17mpg
    All looks great, but I'd base numbers for the diesel on 25mpg...not the 30mpg they are quoting, rarely does a vehicle get the mileage the manufacturer first quotes. Just MHO!!

Comment

Originally posted by witotx View Post
      i agree with everything except that it will sell well. Its going to sell like crap, just like the dodge did/still does.

Heavy half tons have never been popular trucks, going all the way back to the 80's. Everyone always wants one up until they realize they have to pay 5k more for what is still essentially a half ton.

I would also be shocked if there were a lot of recalls on the engine. Ford didn't have many when it released the 6.7, just a lot of issues with warranty repairs from what i remember.
      6.7 has a few recalls. But they have a lot of tsb's, warranty extension's, example i cant keep egt sensors in stock. Cac tubes that constantly blow up. I have no doubt the 6.7 and the new diesel motors will be very reliable... Its all the crap that goes around it im worried about

Comment

I have a 6.7 now, love it to death. I had a 5.0 before, all I ever really tow is my 21ft bassboat. the difference in the way it pulls is ridiculous, but with that being said, I will probably get the 3.0 once a tune comes out for it that takes it to the 350hp level and deletes DEF. My truck gets 14mpg to and from work everyday (90miles round trip) and 12mpg with the boat. If I can get 25mpg empty and 20with the boat than its worth it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
          the thing is gonna be a piece of crap
          As are most fords. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
            I have a 6.7 now, love it to death. I had a 5.0 before, all I ever really tow is my 21ft bassboat. the difference in the way it pulls is ridiculous, but with that being said, I will probably get the 3.0 once a tune comes out for it that takes it to the 350hp level and deletes DEF. My truck gets 14mpg to and from work everyday (90miles round trip) and 12mpg with the boat. If I can get 25mpg empty and 20with the boat than its worth it to me.
            Weren’t you the one asking about getting a Tesla a few weeks back?

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
              Weren’t you the one asking about getting a Tesla a few weeks back?
              yeah, then I heard about the new ford eco diesel. Decided to wait on it to come out before buying the car. If i can get a daily driver with killer mileage and have a truck, all in 1, than definitely worth it!

Plus, the model 3 has a 2 year waiting list, so I have a while before I can get my hands on the one I want

Comment

Originally posted by rossn2 View Post
                Yes it will have it according to all the literature on the new diesel..
                Well... I just completely lost interest then. I can’t stand that on a gas engine, just a stupid feature. I can’t imagine that would be good for a Diesel engine at all. I guess I’m going to have to be one of those guys that drives a superduty for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                  yeah, then I heard about the new ford eco diesel. Decided to wait on it to come out before buying the car. If i can get a daily driver with killer mileage and have a truck, all in 1, than definitely worth it!

Plus, the model 3 has a 2 year waiting list, so I have a while before I can get my hands on the one I want
                  2 years? Holy smokes. That’s insane

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                    Well... I just completely lost interest then. I can’t stand that on a gas engine, just a stupid feature. I can’t imagine that would be good for a Diesel engine at all. I guess I’m going to have to be one of those guys that drives a superduty for no reason.
                    There is a button on the dash where you can turn this off. It also will turn off if you change driving modes. I turn it off on my truck as soon as I start it up!

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                      There is a button on the dash where you can turn this off. It also will turn off if you change driving modes. I turn it off on my truck as soon as I start it up!
                      How do you start it after the feature is turned off? I can't find a place for the key.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                        I thought Dodge couldn't keep the eco's on the lot?
                        Because they have been under mandatory recall up until a month or so ago. It was suspected they were violating emissions similar to VW.

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                        6.7 has a few recalls. But they have a lot of tsb's, warranty extension's, example i cant keep egt sensors in stock. Cac tubes that constantly blow up. I have no doubt the 6.7 and the new diesel motors will be very reliable... Its all the crap that goes around it im worried about
                        Knock on wood, I have yet to have any of the problems you mention. However, I plan to replace the CAC this summer after reading about the issue. I also deleted the truck fairly early on. But you are right, its a the extra crap that breaks. Just wait til they start putting DEF on gas engines. And yes its coming, a friend working for one of the big four said they already have the system designed for their half ton trucks.

Comment

Just saw a video that said the diesel version is going to be about as rare as the Raptor and make up only 5% of sales similar to the Raptor. If this is the case, no way I'd pay over sticker price or even MSRP. In conjunction with the trim level availabilities this may be a no-go for me.

Hopefully this is only for the first year, similar to what they did with the 10 spd transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                            How does the 30mpg compare to the Ecoboost? Anybody got the fingers to figure that up over 400K miles or so as a comparison? I'd be curious.

Is 8' bed an option on F150 anymore?
                            LOL at the average Ecoboost lasting 400k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              LOL at the average Ecoboost lasting 400k miles.

Good point. Theoretical IF an econoboost were to last 400K miles-just trying to see if and when fuel savings exceeded cost difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                                Good point. Theoretical IF an econoboost were to last 400K miles-just trying to see if and when fuel savings exceeded cost difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                And Ecoboost and a Diesel half ton have different applications even though most are going to be mall crawlers.

Comment

Working...
                                X