No announcement yet.

Loading deer in rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to shift work, I am at the lease alone pretty often. I got tired of trying to load 200+ pound hogs by myself and built this.
    Attached Files

Comment

We have a 4X6 trailer we pull to pick up animals.

Comment

Option 1: Throw a rope or strap over tree limb, pull up with truck or utv, second rope tie off, back under deer lower into bed, untie ropes and be on your merry way.used this many times.
        Option 2: ratchet strap one end as far as you can and lift the rest of the way

Comment

I built a cargo/animal rack that slides in my receiver on my Ranger. It’s prolly 12” off the ground. Haven’t found an animal yet I can’t muscle up that high. Smaller pigs and/or deer I can get into the bed no problem.

Skinny

Comment

Buy a cheap winch, Mount it to the frame, and set a pulley to the B pillar spreader bar, tilt bed and winch away.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
              A cargo basket in the back of my Ranger is what I use. Easy loading for one person.

This

Comment

Can't grip and lift? Then boards and ropes/straps. Simple.

If that's still too much, need to hire a hand.
                Last edited by tigerscowboy; 11-15-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Loading deer in rangers

I "muscled it" last week and had some sort of pinched nerve thing going on down the back of one leg for the next two days afterwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to pull him up a tree and then strap him to the tree. Then, I backed underneath him. Getting old sucks!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                      Due to shift work, I am at the lease alone pretty often. I got tired of trying to load 200+ pound hogs by myself and built this.
                      this - i bought a winch for about a hundred bucks - has alligator clips and I carry a small battery in the bed - winch is attached to my RTV rood - simple, easy, and cheap

Comment

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
                        I'm getting older and weaker. Strongly considering mounting a winch to the cab frame above the bed to help crank them into the back of the bed. Would also help if you had a narrow piece of plywood you could slope off the bed. It's a pain trying to pull them up in the bed with a big heavy deer, trying to clear the shoulders over the tailgate
                        Hunted in New Mexico with a guy who had done this, he had an aluminum plate broke at the right angle and mounted in the bed to assist in sliding the animals in.
                        We put a full grown elk in the bed and 4 grown men in the cab, never would have thought it would make it back to the trucks but it did.

Comment

Loading deer

Originally posted by Lonestar Hunter View Post
                          I had to pull him up a tree and then strap him to the tree. Then, I backed underneath him. Getting old sucks!
                          I do this with my ATV

Comment

heave ho for deer... Pigs do the water skier method

Comment

I'm getting old and broke up , tree method for me or wait for help
                              When I hunted to Kennedy ranch, I used a re enforce piece of plywood and a come along for nilgi
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-16-2017, 06:16 AM.

Comment

I used to just manhandle them, not so much any more. I use ropes, winches or whatever is needed these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X