• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go, LM!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

My name is LM Butler I am 43 years old. I am a master contractor electrician and also state licensed for a/c and refrigeration. I work as assistant plant manager of St. Stephens Episcopal School.I have been married to the love of my life for 19 years. Together we have two beautiful children Elijah 12 and Bethany 10 who both love to shoot trad with me. I was born in Florida but got to Texas as quick as I could at the ripe old age of two months haha. I grew up in a small border town called Del Rio. That is where my archery life started when I was 9 years old. On the weekends I could be found chasing anything that flew, walked, crawled, or slithered with my Ben Pearson 25lb all fiberglass bow. When I turned 10 the compound tournament scene took over. I shot most every shoot I could until high school football pulled me away. After getting married and moving to Austin I found myself surrounded by trad shooters. It took a few years to go back to trad but man am I glad. I am once again that little boy having so much fun just shooting a bow. I got Saca a couple weeks ago and hoped my cedars would fly good through her. After some quick adjustments I was hitting my mark. During opening weekend she and I set off for a hunt in Blanco. Saturday this buck would not give me a quality shot being chased off by a bigger buck not on the hit list. Sunday morning he was in a hurry to eat as much corn as he could before that bully showed up he forgot to be careful. After milling around for 10-15 minutes he stood broadside for a couple of seconds. I raised Saca, focusing on the white V and all went into auto pilot. I could see the white feathers bury just above the elbow. With one jump and high kick he tore out leaving my arrow in half by the feeder. Three big fist pumps and 15-20 seconds of silence I could hear the death moan. After 30 minutes of soaking up the moment I got down out of my 12ft tripod. It only took about 40yds to recover my prize. I want to thank Mark, Bob, and all who were part in getting this thread started. I have so enjoyed seeing and reading posts by other like minded hunters who just love to shoot trad.
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome story and shot!!

Comment

Great write-up LM.

Comment

Great write up and mega kudos on getting it done Sacagawea Style

Comment

Awesome writeup and what better way to spend time with Sac that to take an outstanding buck with her. Congrats again LM!

Comment

Way to go my friend

Comment

Way to go, LM!!!!

Congrats on a fine buck with Sacajawea!

Bisch

Comment

Great story, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

Comment

That is fantastic, it's not really about killing...but when you get something good that is awesome. Big time congrats to you. Thanks for the write up.

Comment

Great write up and a nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Looking forward to slinging some arrows out of Sac. Hopefully get to go afield a time or two with er'!

Comment

Congrats on the nice buck, and great write up!

Comment

She has arrived!

Got the call at work this morning I had a delivery waiting for me and knew exactly what it was and couldn't wait to get home and put it together. By the time I got all my chores taken care of and had dinner, I didn't have but just a bit of time to shoot before it was totally dark out. Anxious to sling a a few more out of it the next few days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X