san gabial area..um 5 i think

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
      No hogs sightings?? Ill be out tomorrow
      didnt see any,but like i said i was only out for a few hours

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
        No hogs sightings?? Ill be out tomorrow
        What time you going out there? I might team up with you to increase our chances, we need all the help we can get after the **** helo hunt.

Comment

Me and "extremehunter37" are going to be out there 2:00

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
            Me and "extremehunter37" are going to be out there 2:00
            Depends on how hard I hunt in the morning, I might make a day of it and join yal for the afternoon. Which spot yal meeting at?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_S View Post
              So make no mistake about it. We realize it is public land but we don't have to like it. That land belonged to our families and mostly our grandparents before the govt forced them out. So you can see why we get irritated when public "hunters" show up out there, leave their trash, wound animals, and ruin our hunting and then tell us they're doing us a favor. Don't get me wrong there are some GREAT guys out there and those are the ones we don't notice. They slip in, slip out, and take their trash home. But as anyone knows it only takes a few bad apples to give a bad reputation to a whole group. This goes both ways and I realize that.
              To sum all of this up I'll say one last time. How do you think the people around here will react when we see poachers out there, and we see deer carcasses with their heads cut off, and we see people with rifles, and we see the trash on the land that our families once owned and then we're told the public "hunters" are doing us a favor?
              I also grew up in the area. I went on a cub scout arrowhead hunting trip to Gr. lake before it had filled up for the first time. My high school was 15 minutes away, and we use to skip school just to go out to the beach and swim to the stump. I played football and graduated from High School with the legendary, bank fisherman Edward Murray. I have been fishing, camping, water skiing, hunting and hanging out at that lake, off and on, my whole life. I started bowhunting out there after I moved back to the area 7 yrs ago, so I wasn’t around for the hay-day. I can only imagine how much better the place was with less pressure.

So, not only do I see where you are coming from, but I can also sympathize with you. But none of us have anything to do with the fact that Williamson County is, and has been for a while, the fastest growing County in the State. And some of you, may or may not know, that hunting(especially bowhunting) after many, many years on the decline is now rising in popularity. It’s a growing sport. Therefore, statistically speaking, not only have a huge amount of people moved within an hour drive of Gr. Lake, but a large amount of bowhunters as well. I know you understand this, and you don’t have to like it. But, almost everybody has a similar story. Back in the 90’s the city of Austin told everyone to get out and vote to give them the power to make Forest Creek a permanent recreational area for mtn. biking and hiking. At the time, mtn. biking was a new sport and there were not many places to ride. After everybody got out and voted to give them this power, they decided to turn it into a bird sanctuary and kicked out the mtn. bikers/hikers forever. As if the golden cheeked warbler didn’t have enough cedar tree’s already. At the time it really stunk, but the sport kept on growing and today there are more places to ride then you have time to ride them. I don’t know the same will happen to bowhunting, I realize the dynamics are different, but I do believe in the strength of numbers. I think in the long run, bowhunters will benefit from more popularity of their sport.

So many people come on this forum to rant about non-hunting issues, so I don’t mind someone coming on here to vent their frustrations on a direct hunting topic. But I do think your preaching to the quire a little bit. Not every person walking around out there is on the green screen. And You, Me, Bo, Koonce, etc. all know that the poaching and trash issues are not all the out of towners. I think this is what you were referring to when you stated is goes both ways. This has been public land for like 4+ decades now. Personally, I don’t think it matters if you live in Hare, Taylor, Round Rock or Houston, we are all public land users. Therefore we are in it together. We can either play nice, or not.

There is one thing that remains constant in this society we live in and that is change.

Birddog66 Out!
              Last edited by Birddog66; 03-02-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3583 View Post
                depends on how hard i hunt in the morning, i might make a day of it and join yal for the afternoon. Which spot yal meeting at?
                we dont know yet, thinking about pecan cove

Comment

Originally posted by viper3583 View Post
                  What time you going out there? I might team up with you to increase our chances, we need all the help we can get after the **** helo hunt.
                  I can be out at anytime. Texasbowhunter and I was think sometime between 10 and noon. But I can go out earlier and then meet up with him. I'd like to spent the day out there and just check my normal spots to see the damage and gauge whether its worth goin out anymore. I've been reading the earlier pages of this thread and over the years several hogs have been seen and killed after the helo hunt it just gets a little tougher I'm on page 35 of reading lol. Lots of good old information from years past

Comment

Good luck guys I am up at cross plains we saw sone sows with baby pigs wad awesome to.spot them

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130302_113850.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	24175803

granger supper

Comment

Good looking bunnies

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                          quick name drop,chris"lemmeout" thanks again it was nice meeting you and looking forward to seeing ya again
                          Nice meeting you as well and a pleasure doing business with you. I hope the case serves you well.

Which did you decide, rabbit stew or grilled rabbit?

Comment

Y'all are missing a good sausage party! (that sounded gay) We mixed 100lbs. Only had enough casings for 85lbs. Now for some Tennessee Honey and get the smoke house smOkin. I invited y'all yesterday! Don't say I didn't!

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
                              Y'all are missing a good sausage party! (that sounded gay) We mixed 100lbs. Only had enough casings for 85lbs. Now for some Tennessee Honey and get the smoke house smOkin. I invited y'all yesterday! Don't say I didn't!
                              Sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by LemmeOut View Post
                                Nice meeting you as well and a pleasure doing business with you. I hope the case serves you well.

Which did you decide, rabbit stew or grilled rabbit?
                                think im going with stew,i found a geat web site a few years ago,ill try to post the link

Comment

Working...
                                X