Brushy Hills hog hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hills hog hunt?

Some guys I work with and myself are looking to go on a south texas hog hunt with our bows this coming late winter or spring...I heard about this place. Are there plenty of hogs running around? They guys I work with have never been to south texas before and I'd like to show em what its all about. Also...is it primarily stand/ground blind hunting or can you do spot and stalk as well? Thank you for any info you can give me.

Love hunting hogs at BH, ask Nick, then do what he tells you, btw book your hunt 3 days before the full moon. You might also make sure no one in your group is afraid of the dark.

Comment

Afraid of the dark?
      Why? Bigfoot or La Chupacabra(sp?) ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        Afraid of the dark?
        Why? Bigfoot or La Chupacabra(sp?) ; )
        both

Comment

Thank you fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
            Love hunting hogs at BH, ask Nick, then do what he tells you, btw book your hunt 3 days before the full moon. You might also make sure no one in your group is afraid of the dark.
            tex4k - Just now saw your post! Thanks for the kind words!

The reason tex4k mentioned being scared of the dark is that a lot of guys show up and seem to be afraid of hunting hogs after the sun goes down. I guess they watched too many episodes of "Hogs Gone Wild!" LOL! If you hunt hogs in the 7 days LEADING UP TO (and NOT following) the full moon, you can hunt until 2am-3am without interruption, due to the bright moonlight that's available after the sun goes down. That way you don't need to use flashlights or feeder lights, which makes spooking hogs much less likely. The result is a better success rate. Particularly during the summer months when hogs are less inclined to come out in the daylight, due to the high temperatures. It's not the only way to hunt them but it's sure the BEST way to hunt them!

Comment

Working...
            X