Postal Service got me disqualified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postal Service got me disqualified

I got a diqualification notice in mail. I thought heck, I know I mailed it on time. Put it in the mail July 31st and the deadline was August 9th. So I checked when my check cleared and it had cleared August 15th. Called them and the fella told me they got it August 13th Sent all my apps at same time so at least I know I beat the September 6th and October entry deadlines on the other hunts. Do'nt know what the heck happened.

That sucks...

Comment

Next year use FEDEX or UPS. If it is important, I don't use USPS.

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
        Agreed, better to spend the extra coin and get a guaranteed delivery date. Sorry that happened!

Comment

I was disqualified last year when they said my application didn't make it the 20 miles from Buda, TX to Austin in 4 days. Btw, TPWD keeps all fees when an application is late.

Comment

USPS stinks. Perfect example of government inefficiency in action

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
              Words to live by right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                Btw, TPWD keeps all fees when an application is late.
                This is not something that is new and is listed within the instructions and as well on each application:

Page v -
                APPLICATION PROCESS
                1. VALID APPLICANTS must be at least 8 YEARS OLD EXCEPT, applicants for the Guided Hunt Packages are restricted to ADULTS ONLY.
                2. Fill out EACH application card COMPLETELY. Incomplete applications may be DISQUALIFIED.
                3. PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY.
                4. Do NOT apply for more than ONE HUNT AREA within each HUNT CATEGORY. For example, Do NOT apply with a friend as another
                group member and have him do the same for you. This will qualify as a DUPLICATE ENTRY and you both will be DISQUALIFIED.
                5. Make sure your applications are NOT LATE. Allow plenty of time for postal delivery. They MUST be at the Austin Headquarters by
                5:00 p.m. on the DUE DATE. Late applications will be DISQUALIFIED. Postmark date is not acceptable.
                6. Disqualified Applications will NOT be in the DRAWING and Application Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE for ANY REASON.

Page vi -
                ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER PERSON will be allowed in each HUNT CATEGORY (example GDE: Gun Deer Either Sex). A person may
                apply in each of the HUNT CATEGORIES (examples GDE, GDA, EXO, etc.). If MORE THAN ONE application is received for the SAME
                HUNT CATEGORY (GDE) with the same individual’s name or Social Security Number appearing anywhere on the application cards, ALL
                applicants on the application cards will be DISQUALIFIED and the application fees WILL NOT be refunded. It does not matter where
                your name appears on an application card, THAT IS YOUR APPLICATION for that hunt category. Even if another person puts your name
                on their application card or you apply for different areas (Kerr, Chaparral, Garner, etc.) in the SAME HUNT CATEGORY (example GDE),
                EVERYONE on those cards WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, and none of the application fees will be refunded.

APPLICATION FEES: Each applicant 17 years of age or older must submit NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEES along with each application
                in the drawn hunt categories (except for the youth only categories which require no application fee). The adult application fee is
                $3 (except for Private Lands hunts and guided hunt packages that have a $10 adult application fee). Application fees must be submitted
                with the application or the application will not be entered into the drawing. The deadline for application fees is 5:00 p.m. on the
                date listed in the heading of each category. The fees must physically be in the Austin headquarters building by the deadline. A USPS
                post mark will NOT qualify for meeting the deadline. Late applications will be disqualified and application fees will not be refunded.
                There is no after hours drop-off available at the Austin office.

Page 78 Sample Application:
                APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL HUNTING PERMIT
                Only one application per person, per hunt category.
                Checks or money orders ONLY. Do not send cash. Please print plainly or type.
                GUN DEER; EITHER SEX | GDE
                DUE 9/6/2012
                Hunt Area __________________________________________________ __________________ H unt Area Code _______________
                Hunt Date Codes 1st choice ____________ 2nd choice ____________ 3rd choice ____________
                Last Name ______________________________ First Name _________________________ M.I. _____ Age ______ SSN ________-_______-___________
                Mailing Address __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
                City ______________________________ State ________ Zip _________________ Day Phone (________) __________-__________________________
                Last Name ______________________________ First Name _________________________ M.I. _____ Age ______ SSN ________-_______-___________
                Application fees for this hunt: $____________ $3 per adult 17 years of age or older listed above
                (Non-refundable application fees are required for each adult; fees waived for youth applicants.)

Comment

Yes I know they did, and they always will. What sucked is that it was for the PLE hunt.
                  Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  I was disqualified last year when they said my application didn't make it the 20 miles from Buda, TX to Austin in 4 days. Btw, TPWD keeps all fees when an application is late.

Comment

I mailed mine the 7th, next day guaranteed. They got there and I got drawn. Sucks that you mailed them with plenty of time and got screwed.

Comment

If your entry is late/disqualified do you still get a preference point?

Comment

I gave up on their"drawings" last year when I found out about people being drawn for the Chapparral two years in a row, and three times in five years. And I can't even get drawn once for San Angelo and have 12 pref points.

Comment

That sucks

Comment

It is what it is. Luck of the draw.

Comment

also missed the postal date...dang it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X