Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #1
Worksalot
Ten Point

Hunt In: The woods
Default Ever found yourself in middle of bizarre circumstances?

Some things in life there are no good answers for. Things just happen. But still, there are times one may question why.

There’s not enough to write down and make a book out of it. Like the time my family and I accidentally drove upon a cartel drug deal going down in a remote area. Later on, that proved to be a scary and somewhat regretful discovery. None of us were looking for any such thing. We just happened to be in the area while admiring the beauty. One night, months later we were chased down on a lonesome stretch of Highway in that same state. The cartel people had made a note of our patterns. I honestly wasn’t sure if that was going to be the end of us. Relatives of mine unknowingly were near the same cartel operation and found themselves alone facing a group of well armed men in a rural location. They too weren’t sure if they were going to make it home ever again. Found out later that quite a few people in that county were in on the take. One person suspected of being involved was an elected official.

Some friends of mine in LE have mentioned that there have been times they’ve seen things that make no sense at all. Things you’d have to see to believe, because others may think you’re crazy.

A judge, I know well, had something happen to him that’s almost like out of a movie scene.

Life can sure change in a hurry.

Last edited by Worksalot; 10-20-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 07:48 PM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

I believe I stay away from those places.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #3
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

There was a guy sitting Indian style on the shoulder of 51 facing the hiway last night between Weatherford and Springtown. He was right up on the white line and I didnít see him until I was right up on him. This was about 11:30. It was definitely bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
LuBowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Real County, Chambers County, Kansas, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, Nebraska
Default Ever found yourself in middle of bizarre circumstances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksalot View Post
Some things in life there are no good answers for. Things just happen. But still, there are times one may question why.

Thereís not enough to write down and make a book out of it. Like the time my family and I accidentally drove upon a cartel drug deal going down in a remote area. Later on, that proved to be a scary and somewhat regretful discovery. None of us were looking for any such thing. We just happened to be in the area while admiring the beauty. One night, months later we were chased down on a lonesome stretch of Highway in that same state. The cartel people had made a note of our patterns. I honestly wasnít sure if that was going to be the end of us. Relatives of mine unknowingly were near the same cartel operation and found themselves alone facing a group of well armed men in a rural location. They too werenít sure if they were going to make it home ever again. Found out later that quite a few people in that county were in on the take. One person suspected of being involved was an elected official.

Some friends of mine in LE have mentioned that there have been times theyíve seen things that make no sense at all. Things youíd have to see to believe, because others may think youíre crazy.

A judge, I know well, had something happen to him thatís almost like out of a movie scene.

Life can sure change in a hurry.

Iím a LEO and Iíve seen or been involved several crazy unexplained things on duty. Also have seen some crazy stuff will hunting. I may be inclined to tell yíall about them. I even have pictures somewhere of one experience.

LuBowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 07:55 PM   #5
Hydestik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

[quote=MBV77;13718064]There was a guy sitting Indian style on the shoulder of 51 facing the hiway last night between Weatherford and Springtown. He was right up on the white line and I didnít see him until I was right up on him. This was about 11:30. It was definitely bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

Dude was probably hitchhiking to Austin
Hydestik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #6
Worksalot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
I believe I stay away from those places.
We for sure never strayed off the highway again in those parts. A lady, who my family had known for years, lived alone out on a ranch that she and her husband had purchased many years prior to his death. At night sheíd regularly see lights in her barns and silhouettes of people. She knew better than to ever go out there to investigate. And didnít dare call authorities. Even the highway patrol would warn tourists to not go snooping around in the hills.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #7
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBowhunter View Post
Iím a LEO and Iíve seen or been involved several crazy unexplained things on duty. Also have seen some crazy stuff will hunting. I may be inclined to tell yíall about them. I even have pictures somewhere of one experience.

Oooo Please share.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:01 PM   #8
Hydestik
Ten Point

Quote:
We for sure never strayed off the highway again in those parts. A lady, who my family had known for years, lived alone out on a ranch that she and her husband had purchased many years prior to his death. At night sheíd regularly see lights in her barns and silhouettes of people. She knew better than to ever go out there to investigate. And didnít dare call authorities. Even the highway patrol would warn tourists to not go snooping around in the hills.
Is this in Texas ? ... near what town ?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:03 PM   #9
Worksalot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBowhunter View Post
I’m a LEO and I’ve seen or been involved several crazy unexplained things on duty. Also have seen some crazy stuff will hunting. I may be inclined to tell y’all about them. I even have pictures somewhere of one experience.

Yeah I definitely believe you. Last year around this time I was just going about my job as was hired to do. Saw something that looked odd. Went to investigate and discovered something that I wasn’t supposed to see. Felt like there were crosshairs on me after that. I hadn’t done anything wrong at all. That feeling of being caught in the middle is awful. I later told somebody about it in case something happened to me. You just never know. It could’ve gotten real ugly.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:12 PM   #10
jsctx84
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kimble County

Where did this happen? Are you trying to tell us your in a real life no country for old men type situation? Extremely vague descriptions here.
jsctx84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #11
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

I was driving home one night around 10:30 PM and found a bloody, Butt Naked lady lying on the shoulder of FM 523, on the south east side of Angleton, just inside the white line.. By all indications she was dead.. Being that I was only a mile and a half from my house I went to fetch my pistol and at the same time called the law. I knew I could most likely get there before them and I headed back to the scene.. Once I arrived I soon realized that SHE WAS GONE!!! The hair on the back of my neck stood on end.. Its a strange feeling.
After the fuzz showed up with their bright lights we discovered a vehicle had went through the fence and was 150 yards out in "the cow pasture".. When we approached the car we discovered the VERY drunk bloody butt naked lady and a VERY drunk naked man.
They went to jail.

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 10-20-2018 at 08:16 PM.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #12
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

You just watched Sicario didn't you?
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #13
Worksalot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsctx84 View Post
Where did this happen? Are you trying to tell us your in a real life no country for old men type situation? Extremely vague descriptions here.
No, thatís not what Iím describing. Thereís good reason to be vague on some things. Just odd circumstances an individual can innocently stumble upon. Things you wish you could unsee.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #14
Boss Buck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Stephen Co.

Every day when I get home the same looking wife is here at home. But total different personality each evening,
Boss Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #15
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Yeah, got thrown in jail for oil wrestling 2 chicks in a small pool at a bar in west Odessa.
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #16
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
I was driving home one night around 10:30 PM and found a bloody, Butt Naked lady lying on the shoulder of FM 523, on the south east side of Angleton, just inside the white line.. By all indications she was dead.. Being that I was only a mile and a half from my house I went to fetch my pistol and at the same time called the law. I knew I could most likely get there before them and I headed back to the scene.. Once I arrived I soon realized that SHE WAS GONE!!! The hair on the back of my neck stood on end.. Its a strange feeling.
After the fuzz showed up with their bright lights we discovered a vehicle had went through the fence and was 150 yards out in "the cow pasture".. When we approached the car we discovered the VERY drunk bloody butt naked lady and a VERY drunk naked man.
They went to jail.
That just goes to show you how dangerous breeding and driving is.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #17
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Buck View Post
Every day when I get home the same looking wife is here at home. But total different personality each evening,
LMAO.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #18
jsctx84
Ten Point

Quote:
No, thatís not what Iím describing. Thereís good reason to be vague on some things. Just odd circumstances an individual can innocently stumble upon. Things you wish you could unsee.
What happened? Find a body or something? Just go ahead and air it all out...
Old 10-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #19
Hydestik
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by boh347 View Post
Yeah, got thrown in jail for oil wrestling 2 chicks in a small pool at a bar in west Odessa.
ď Winnner ď WinnerĒ
Old 10-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #20
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by boh347 View Post
Surely there is video OR pics of this???
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #21
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.

In 2011during the really bad 3 year drought. We were driving close to Guthrie and I looked on the other side of the road up by the fence there was a guy wearing a huge purple and gold cape, shorts and a pair of cowboy boots doing a rain dance.
That was pretty weird in the middle of no where!
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #22
curtintex
Pope & Young

Once ended up in the back of a cop car for popping up out of the back of a pickup and shooting a prostitute with a SuperSoaker water gun over on Jensen Drive in Houston. That was a bizarre circumstance, but I didn't really "find" myself there as much as I "put" myself there.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #23
castlegaphunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Upton, Crane County

I was once hunting pronghorn in the middle of a big basin in west Texas, when I saw a drug deal gone bad. Shootout. Well I made my way over and found a ton of cash in a briefcase. Find out later it belongs to the cartel and I've been on the run since. Heading to a hotel in el Paso as we speak wish me luck.
castlegaphunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 08:58 PM   #24
MenardCountyBow
Eight Point

Hunt In: Menard County

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlegaphunter View Post
I was once hunting pronghorn in the middle of a big basin in west Texas, when I saw a drug deal gone bad. Shootout. Well I made my way over and found a ton of cash in a briefcase. Find out later it belongs to the cartel and I've been on the run since. Heading to a hotel in el Paso as we speak wish me luck.
Put it in the air vent. Youíll be fine. Good feeling about it
MenardCountyBow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #25
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Spoiler alert......You die in the end.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:06 PM   #26
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
You win TBH today!
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 09:30 PM   #27
Hydestik
Ten Point

Quote:
Keep your eyes open for a dude carrying a oxygen bottle with the bowl haircut...heís one bad hombre .
Old 10-20-2018, 09:31 PM   #28
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Once ended up in the back of a cop car for popping up out of the back of a pickup and shooting a prostitute with a SuperSoaker water gun over on Jensen Drive in Houston. That was a bizarre circumstance, but I didn't really "find" myself there as much as I "put" myself there.
Jensen Dr !!!
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 09:47 PM   #29
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

I went to the grocery store late one night and as I was leaving my headlights shined on a guy in a Spider Man costume pushing a shopping cart. I laughed and laughed and laughed some more. It wasn't Halloween or anything. Just a guy that likes to be a super hero on the weekends I guess.

This story doesn't lead to anything else other than it was funny.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 09:57 PM   #30
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Quote:

He asked for bizarre. Thatís not bizarre at all. Thatís completely normal.

MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 10:11 PM   #31
Kdurham
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Spoiler alert......You die in the end.
Hey Mr. Sporting Good you hunt sport? Iíll get the ice chest, you can stay married.
Kdurham is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #32
Javelin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Northern Polk County on the river, Houston County

I was at Sam's in lufkin last week and Steve urkel was walking to his car
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 10:20 PM   #33
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Jensen Dr !!!
The story is so much better than what I initially typed. We did some stupid stuff for laughs back then. Thank God for my Momma's prayers.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #34
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.

I was on a dark county road when i had a flat. I went to get the tire tool to fix the flat and it didnt fit.
I noticed a car 200 yds down the road. I walked up to the steamed up dark windows. I thought oh well i have ask about another 4way. I tapped on the window. It cracked open and i heard some whispering. The man pooped out and said hey whats up? I ask about a 4way he said yeah I have one. He got it out and said , hey, if you will take my place in the car I will go take your place fixing your tire. I thought no way this is real. I said ok and jumped in the dark back seat. 10 minutes later a flash light shinned in the window. A tap on the glass. I rolled the glass down it was a state trooper. He said what are yall doing here. I froze! He said who is that with you? I said its my wife! He said why arent you folks at home doing this. I said well until you shinned that light on her I didnt know it was her!!!!!
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 10:55 PM   #35
bowtecmike
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kent County, SA St Park

Quote:
Sounds like y'all have some **** poor law enforcement in your area.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
bowtecmike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2018, 11:01 PM   #36
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCulloch County

I'm an ER nurse so yeah... every... single... workday...
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 12:03 AM   #37
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

I had a travel day from Hell so I was watching some jerry miculek videos to pass them time at the Atlanta airport and I get up to go take a leak before I boarded my flight and run into Jerry Miculek

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 12:20 AM   #38
jsctx84
Ten Point

So what happened? You drove up on them in the minivan, and instead of doing all of you right then they decided to pattern you...... and then? Also after that they confronted other family members in a rural location. This is good. What part of Texas we talking about? No one was ever sure that they were going to make it out, why? What happened? Shoot out? Y’all SSS and just do em in?? Sounds awesome, want to hear it
Old 10-21-2018, 12:26 AM   #39
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

If it truly was the cartel, you wouldnít be here telling tall tales!!!

Skinny
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 12:52 AM   #40
Bowdark
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas swamps to Teton County

A few Septembers ago I was at DFW International Terminal waiting on my flight to JH for an elk hunt and to see family. I was sitting there having a dewars and h20 and this music star and his wfe/gf, manager , whatever she was, came over and asked if they could join me. Said sure, music star asked if I was going hunting in Wyo, so we talked about hunting and Texas and he was an Okie, didn't have time to hunt, blah,blah... Well Miss miniskirt was doing some serious maneuvers trying to give me a view and doing the footsy and leg thing with me....I kept talking with music star he didn't notice or didn't care...their flight to Germany called for boarding and they said bye, she gave me a peck on the cheek along with a good long very friendly hug against those puppies...gee whiz... I didn't even catch her name, this ugly old dude was struttin' like a bigshot grinnin'. It must have messed me up, I didn't get my elk that year!
Bowdark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 06:26 AM   #41
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

I got pulled over and searched by the Secret Service one morning. Does that count?
Goldeneagle is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 06:46 AM   #42
droebuck
Eight Point

Quote:
You'll be ok they are looking for you at the Hotel in Del Rio.
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 06:50 AM   #43
droebuck
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdj View Post
i was on a dark county road when i had a flat. I went to get the tire tool to fix the flat and it didnt fit.
I noticed a car 200 yds down the road. I walked up to the steamed up dark windows. I thought oh well i have ask about another 4way. I tapped on the window. It cracked open and i heard some whispering. The man pooped out and said hey whats up? I ask about a 4way he said yeah i have one. He got it out and said , hey, if you will take my place in the car i will go take your place fixing your tire. I thought no way this is real. I said ok and jumped in the dark back seat. 10 minutes later a flash light shinned in the window. A tap on the glass. I rolled the glass down it was a state trooper. He said what are yall doing here. I froze! He said who is that with you? I said its my wife! He said why arent you folks at home doing this. I said well until you shinned that light on her i didnt know it was her!!!!!:d
lmao!
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 07:24 AM   #44
Bullydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton

A bunch from my job the last 25 years in LE, and even more from being married the last 23. I will tell some of those really good one's day. I've kept notes

I did get a call one morning of a lose animal WAY out on a county road right at the end of shift in like 1996. Me and another officer head out there and as I round the corner, there is a big ole, single hump Camel donning a halter and lead rope, standing in the road.

This was in SE Dallas Co, by some gravel pits...No where near the desert.

Used one of those box cameras and we might have snapped a few pics, we might have put a cigarette in the camels lips for one picture. Cant remember..

Anyway, that was interesting. Apparently the circus used this farm to house their animals and this one got out.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 08:47 AM   #45
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Made a traffic stop on spring cypress. 92 in a 45. Make contact and find a topless chick crying. She tried to get in my car about the time her giant boyfriend showed up. Tying to get him to calm down while her boobs where in my grill got sporty.

Responded to a "weapons disturbance" wayyyy up in the county. Arrived to find a dude beating all the windows out of a Cadillac with a hoe (the garden implement). He saw me and put the hoe down and said take me to jail. Thats when a herd of his kin folk came out and wanted to whip all the **** out of him

Suspect went to hollering come on lets go!! The crowd surrounded me and said i needed to leave and they was gonna get him with or without me.

I screamed like a girl on the radio.

Luckily an older gentleman came out who the crowd respected and i was able to get dood in my car. Tomball pd showed up about that time and asked where my help was. Of course i said for what?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-21-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 09:54 AM   #46
JAB71
Four Point

Hunt In: Erath, Milam County

I was driving through West Virginia about two in the morning down the interstate. The whole family was asleep. I was in the slow lane doing 70-75mph. There were two semis side by side in front of me. I decided to get in the fast lane to pass the slower semi. As I move over to the fast lane I can see something in the road between the semis. As the semis light get closer I see it is a woman in the middle of the road. She stood in the middle of the interstate as two semis, side by side, rolled passed her doing 70+. It’s scared the crap out of me as I thought how easy I could have killed her if I had switched lanes a little later than I did. I ended up pulling over to see what she was doing. After I pulled over I told the family to stay in the car as this was very strange and wasn’t sure what I was walking into. As I approach the lady she is in tears and hysterical. I calmed her down and she tells me this story. Earlier that evening around 1 or so she was walking home from her boyfriends house. A car drove by full of guys and abductuded her. They threw her in the back seat and drove off. They were driving down the interstate and she was beginning to fear for her life. She decided to open the door and jump out of the car as it was driving down the interstate. She jumped out of the car, ran across the interstate, and that’s how I found her. We ended up driving her home without incident. For a long time I thought it was so crazy that we were gonna get robbed or something. Guess it ended up being true.
JAB71 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 01:37 PM   #47
DavidH44
Eight Point

Hunt In: Public Land

I can’t believe you started this thread and haven’t given us any clues on your “bizarre circumstance “.

Come on man, you’re leaving us hanging
DavidH44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #48
BBRU
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere....

Like this thread, some of these stories need more detail
BBRU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #49
Bowhuntingobsession
Eight Point

Hunt In: Comal & Bee Co.

I'm thinking the cartel caught up with him! Or he's in a mexican hospital.
Bowhuntingobsession is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #50
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRU View Post
Like this thread, some of these stories need more detail
About 4 years ago I got chased by 4 cartel members all armed with M4's in Reynosa after leaving the Eaton plant south of the Pharr bridge...the next morning there was an email from my company that changed the entire travel policy for US employees.

Kinda long to explain the details but can come back when I got a little more time.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top