No announcement yet.

Experimental “diet”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to post April 1st, but I’m currently at 214.7, which is 40lbs down in 3.5 months. I don’t even really think about the diet at this point. It’s just what I do. Had to buy new clothes for work because my pants, which were at me point tight, are now comically too big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Keep at it!

Comment

For folks with acid reflux/heartburn... Try Heartburn Relief by Enzymatic Therapy. I was taking Nexium. After taking HR, I haven't renewed my prescription since 2009. HR isn't cheap, but it works. Take the caps until you taste/burp orange. When this happens you do not need to take anymore. It might take a pack or two. Everyone is different! IF you have a flare up, just take a cap.

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
            Updates?

Down to 209.5, 45lbs in 4.5 months. I noticed the weekly 24hr fasts burned up some muscle, so I’ve back off that for a while and have increased protein. Appetite and everything are still in check. Need to start doing some push ups and squats since I now have less weight to lift. Need to firm and tone up some, but the experiment is working!

Comment

Good job

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                Down to 209.5, 45lbs in 4.5 months. I noticed the weekly 24hr fasts burned up some muscle, so I’ve back off that for a while and have increased protein. Appetite and everything are still in check. Need to start doing some push ups and squats since I now have less weight to lift. Need to firm and tone up some, but the experiment is working!

***update*** ignore below. I missed that post you made about the intermittent fast you did.

Have you tried intermittent fasting vs the 24 hr once a week? It’s pretty awesome and easy to follow. As for lifting, you should try 5x5 (it’s all compound exercises - Squat, bench, dead lift etc...).
                I do 16:8 fast daily. Stop eating at 10pm and fast till 2pm. I haven’t lost any of my gains yet and lift heavy 3 days a week.
                Last edited by Kdurham; 05-17-2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                  ***update*** ignore below. I missed that post you made about the intermittent fast you did.

Have you tried intermittent fasting vs the 24 hr once a week? It’s pretty awesome and easy to follow. As for lifting, you should try 5x5 (it’s all compound exercises - Squat, bench, dead lift etc...).
                  I do 16:8 fast daily. Stop eating at 10pm and fast till 2pm. I haven’t lost any of my gains yet and lift heavy 3 days a week.

I was doing both. Eat lunch at 1200 and dinner at 1800. Skip lunch once a week. I’ve quit skipping lunch because I am still losing weight just by continuing to eat all natural.

What is 5x5? I am mainly going to do push-ups, sit-ups, and squats without weight until those aren’t enough. Then add weight. Too much too fast has always = quit for me.

Comment

I was doing both. Eat lunch at 1200 and dinner at 1800. Skip lunch once a week. I’ve quit skipping lunch because I am still losing weight just by continuing to eat all natural.

What is 5x5? I am mainly going to do push-ups, sit-ups, and squats without weight until those aren’t enough. Then add weight. Too much too fast has always = quit for me.

It’s a way for you to get a very solid foundation and build muscle quickly.
                    If you don’t want to bulk that’s fine, just start a base and then cut.

You can start with the bar (highly recommend, since weight gets added quickly). Every workout you weight increases by 5 pounds. I started a few weeks ago and my dead lift is now 245.

Here is the best article on the subject.
                    I follow it minus the heavy eating, since I need to cut a lot of fat by August 1st. Plenty of YouTube videos as well.

The best 5×5 workout guide on the entire Internet. Discover how to build strength and muscle doing only three full body workouts per week.

I do add two different ISO’s at end of workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                      It’s a way for you to get a very solid foundation and build muscle quickly.
                      If you don’t want to bulk that’s fine, just start a base and then cut.

You can start with the bar (highly recommend, since weight gets added quickly). Every workout you weight increases by 5 pounds. I started a few weeks ago and my dead lift is now 245.

Here is the best article on the subject.
                      I follow it minus the heavy eating, since I need to cut a lot of fat by August 1st. Plenty of YouTube videos as well.

The best 5×5 workout guide on the entire Internet. Discover how to build strength and muscle doing only three full body workouts per week.

I do add two different ISO’s at end of workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I’ll check it out

Comment

January 1 - 254.7 lbs
                        January 31 - 239.2 lbs
                        March 1 - 224.2 lbs

Woohoo! First 15 came off easy because pretty much all my body had to do was not take in garbage in order to burn off the fat. The second month I have been experimenting with intermittent fasting. 18/6 (mainly just skipping breakfast) with one 24hr fast mixed in 1x/week. I think this is probably responsible for 5-7lbs of the 15 down in February.

Energy is still through the roof, appetite is not really a thing I notice anymore (though I could have destroyed an entire king cake by myself yesterday), and haven’t had reflux in 6 weeks. The next hurdle will be to try exercising. I hate exercising, but the wife and I have started walking the trails in Kingwood, and I will try something more strenuous on the days after the 24hr fast.

Congrats on all the success!! I am at 182 and working on getting down to 175 eating a Keto based diet.

Good call on starting light on the exercising.... I would start with moderate stretching and building up your core. Avoid injury by warming up thoroughly and bring your cardio up to speed. Flexibility and building up your core will help you avoid nagging injuries once you start heavier strength training.

Comment

I tried the fasting but could not swim or buddy tow in the water. No fuel. I was doing it because people say they felt great with more energy. I guess if I was not a active person and felt bad maybe. I usually do at least 75 minutes of elevated heart rate several times a week. It was hard to do with any kind of fasting. I just eat a little something every 2-3 hrs like clockwork and feel great

Comment

Congrats on your success. It sounds to me like you basically made a lifestyle change and started eating foods that are good for you. Shows what simply eating right will do

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I tried the fasting but could not swim or buddy tow in the water. No fuel. I was doing it because people say they felt great with more energy. I guess if I was not a active person and felt bad maybe. I usually do at least 75 minutes of elevated heart rate several times a week. It was hard to do with any kind of fasting. I just eat a little something every 2-3 hrs like clockwork and feel great
                              It was always hard for me until I broke away from too many carbs.... Now I can go until past noon without eating while doing some pretty intense stuff and not suffering from feeling weak or a needing to eat. For me, I can not eat anything even a single bite or my body craves food, namely carbs.

Comment

Is there is any way to remove fat without a diet?

Comment

Working...
                                X