No announcement yet.

Nrcs cost share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a lot of good programs and they pay more than i thought.

Aerial mesquite spraying was 32.26 an acre reimbursement. I don't know what it costs to do it yet. (I've read 40ac) Made a few phone calls yesterday to see.

Grubbing was around 325.00 an acre reimbursement.

They had beginner farmer/rancher incentives. As well as some for veterans I believe I read.

Only bad thing is you have to pay for the work up front and wait for your money to be reimbursed. I'd love to grub my whole place but I don't have that kind of money to put up front.

Lots of paperwork and stipulations too.

If you grub they want you to come back and plant native grass since the ground will be disturbed. No grazing till the first frost, etc.

I'm going to look hard at grubbing a small section and aerial spraying the rest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Quoted 33 dollars an acre for aerial mesquite spraying.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
        Quoted 33 dollars an acre for aerial mesquite spraying.

Cheapest I’ve seen is $31/ac at Air Ag in Knox City. $33/ac is a good price though.

Comment

That is sendero mixed with a shot of remedy he said. I bet straight sendero would be around the 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
            That is sendero mixed with a shot of remedy he said. I bet straight sendero would be around the 31.

I bet you’re right. That shot of Remedy has increased kill rate a few percentage points. By all means worth it at that cost.

Comment

Depends

Cost share depends on the percentage of brush you have. Having some work done now

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Cost share depends on the percentage of brush you have. Having some work done now
                It does for mechanical work, but not chemical. Chemical is a flat fee.
                Mechanical has different rates based off of canopy density.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                  I'm in Edwards county and interested in clearing pear as well. Do you mind sharing cost per acre etc.?

NRCS got me connected with the San Angelo regional office of the Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board. They have $75 per acre allocated for chemical application of pear and $150 per acre for mechanical removal of cedar. I was told that $15,000 total was available for cost share for my property. The tech came out and rode around the pasture with me and I showed him where my priorities are. He made a map of these areas and the total acreage added up to 79.7 acres, which is a total of $17,932.50. The board is going to reimburse me $15,000 of this because that is all they have available (which I am VERY grateful for!)

The tech was very helpful and friendly, and offered some ideas. I have already cleared the cedar - I rented a bulldozer in late February. I'm still working on the pear. Now that it's hot, I will come back to it in the Fall. So far it has been a good experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                    It does for mechanical work, but not chemical. Chemical is a flat fee.
                    Mechanical has different rates based off of canopy density.
                    That is correct, the cedar canopy density for the areas that I am working on are 31-50%. I have a $150 per acre allocation.

Comment

Do you have to be the landowner or can you qualify on lease country?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        I have a friend in West Texas that does this on his cattle leases, where he isn’t the landowner.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          Lease country is eligible as well. You just need to be the operator on file with FSA. Also you need written permission from the landowner.

Comment

We have a place in Erath county and are in the process of working with the soil board. My wife’s grandfather had used the program over the years, so we are having to juggle around areas that he has already cost shared on as they will not cost share on things that were done in the past. I was told there is a 15k cap on funds that could be received. I have been dozing cedars. I’m trying to decide if cost sharing on the tree removal is worth it as I don’t want to remove to many oaks. The technical guys I’m dealing with are great at the soil office. They do cost share on a certain size stock tank, but our soils are not good where we have enough of a drainage basin.

Comment

Originally posted by HYDRO_69 View Post
                              We have a place in Erath county and are in the process of working with the soil board. My wife’s grandfather had used the program over the years, so we are having to juggle around areas that he has already cost shared on as they will not cost share on things that were done in the past. I was told there is a 15k cap on funds that could be received. I have been dozing cedars. I’m trying to decide if cost sharing on the tree removal is worth it as I don’t want to remove to many oaks. The technical guys I’m dealing with are great at the soil office. They do cost share on a certain size stock tank, but our soils are not good where we have enough of a drainage basin.
                              Yes that was another deal. He said, if I had something done to the whole place I couldn't use the eqip program again for 10 years on that particular place. If I wanted to grub 10 acres one year and spray the rest we can put up a temporary type fence and call that 10 acres another pasture.

Comment

Working...
                              X