Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So they say...."not all snakes are deadly"...yeah, right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary View Post
    I don't like you anymore!
    ....but you paid the extra money at the dealership to have the car "snake proofed", right?
    So you'll be fine...

Not sure about Kingwood, but they are bad about doing that here in Clear Lake...

Comment

So walking around looking at your phone and stepped on it? Glad you survived.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Poor little snake was just looking for rats when you assaulted him in his world......

He was just scared...

[ATTACH]910469[/ATTACH]
        That's my peacemaker on the far left...

I don't kill them all....anymore. But if you've never tried to herd a rat snake with a weedeater and had him strike at it, and consequently wrap himself in the line and spin around whacking you in the shins with his tail.....you don't know my pain. I left that weedeater right there until the next day, and went back in on the mower to get it.

I'm all good when I see them first, and they don't try to eat the power tools....but I've made noises every bit as high pitched as Mary's before. If you're ever walking near me when I see a snake you will immediately know what kind it is. If it's harmless rat or bull snake I'll squeal like a girl. If it's a rattler I'll just hit you as hard as I can in the chest, because my voice stops working alltogether then, ask Chicken.
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-04-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I’m sorry but the image in my head of you hopping around screaming expletives with a snake wrapped around your leg is cracking me up! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’m glad you are ok after that traumatic experience. [emoji847]

Skinny

Comment

not that I am afraid of no snake, but did you know
            New Zealand has no snakes. fun fact, and great reason
            to move there.

Comment

I'm with you Mary. Grew up in East Texas with copperheads, cottonmouths and "chicken snakes". Moved to South Texas and now have rattlesnakes to deal with. Had two come right thru camp two feet from the camper. Those two are no longer with us.

Comment

Wowzers!

I take it you're not interested in the python that's FS in the classifieds

Comment

Good thing you were outside with jumping and running space!
                  Stepped on a cottonmouth squirrel hunting looking up in the trees at 10yrs old and
                  I know the feeling!

Comment

I said I would tell the story on another thread.

Anyone that knows me well enough, knows.....I HATE snakes. Quite frankly, they scare me to no end! I had an experience with a water moccasin when I was either 5 or 6 that has NEVER left me. I have had a deathly fear of any, and all, slithering snakes since then. It does not matter if they are venomous are not....they are all evil, as far as I am concerned

So here goes.....yesterday, I was walking out of the front door of my house....paying zero attention to the ground. I mean, I am in an area where (in my mind) I am free and clear of worry for what could be dangerous. I take about 6 steps (in shorts and flip flops), apparently step on him and feel something suddenly wrap several times around my ankle. White girls CAN jump! And white girls can pogo without the stick!!!

I jump, he comes off, I hear this crazy LOUD (possibly screaming) sailor talk and realize it was sounding like my own voice (Thankfully, no neighbors were outside....and I am really hoping they all had tv's on very loudly at the time and missed that colorful language!)

The snake (while not venomous....but possibly still deadly!!!!) was about 3.5' long, fell off my leg and went directly into the bushes next to the house.

I can't breathe, I am feeling somewhat faint (OK...maybe a tad exaggeration, but not much!) and can feel my heart literally beating out of my chest.

I go take my blood pressure, and this is what I see....

[ATTACH]910466[/ATTACH]

So, see.....snakes do not have to be venomous to kill ya....dang thing almost gave me a heart attack!

Y'all laugh all you want....but I don't need any snakes in my life for nothing! There are birds and cats that will eat the same things snakes do....and I am not afraid of any bird or cat!
                    Good Lord! It would have certainly killed me! ALL snakes are straight from the bowels of hell!
                    Glad your ok!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by neilmc70 View Post
                      Good thing you were outside with jumping and running space!
                      Stepped on a cottonmouth squirrel hunting looking up in the trees at 10yrs old and
                      I know the feeling!
                      Dang that's terrible! Glad you're still with us!

Comment

I said I would tell the story on another thread.

Anyone that knows me well enough, knows.....I HATE snakes. Quite frankly, they scare me to no end! I had an experience with a water moccasin when I was either 5 or 6 that has NEVER left me. I have had a deathly fear of any, and all, slithering snakes since then. It does not matter if they are venomous are not....they are all evil, as far as I am concerned

So here goes.....yesterday, I was walking out of the front door of my house....paying zero attention to the ground. I mean, I am in an area where (in my mind) I am free and clear of worry for what could be dangerous. I take about 6 steps (in shorts and flip flops), apparently step on him and feel something suddenly wrap several times around my ankle. White girls CAN jump! And white girls can pogo without the stick!!!

I jump, he comes off, I hear this crazy LOUD (possibly screaming) sailor talk and realize it was sounding like my own voice (Thankfully, no neighbors were outside....and I am really hoping they all had tv's on very loudly at the time and missed that colorful language!)

The snake (while not venomous....but possibly still deadly!!!!) was about 3.5' long, fell off my leg and went directly into the bushes next to the house.

I can't breathe, I am feeling somewhat faint (OK...maybe a tad exaggeration, but not much!) and can feel my heart literally beating out of my chest.

I go take my blood pressure, and this is what I see....

So, see.....snakes do not have to be venomous to kill ya....dang thing almost gave me a heart attack!

Y'all laugh all you want....but I don't need any snakes in my life for nothing! There are birds and cats that will eat the same things snakes do....and I am not afraid of any bird or cat!
                        That's crazy Mary! I woulda died from bio poison in my shorts!

Comment

Fear is a strange thing. Everyone's got that one thing they're not particularly fond of. I don't care much for heights. I'm not really scared of heights,I'm scared of falling. When I was working on top of a grain elevator I finally had to have a chat with myself. One day I finally said to myself..."Self....don't be scared. If you fall it'll only be scary for a second."

After being around something you're afraid of over and over and over again you build up somewhat of an immunity to fear. Or at least that's the way I make my mind work.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 06-04-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Glad it wasn’t worse

On a side note I got $10 that BP reading is better than 1/2 on this site ... without a snake on their ankle

Comment

Relax, I see those pressures every day.

Comment

Be glad you don't live here. These are #67 and 68 of the rattlers I've killed here in the 20 years we've lived here, killed in the last couple days.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X