Vortex diamonback binoculars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex diamonback binoculars?

Trying to decide what size/magnification to get 8x40 or 10x40. At my lease I would benefit from 8x as I bowhunt only there and feeder is 20 yards. I also do hunt with dad and brothers who how have feeder 100-150 yards out. In the future I would like to go after mule deer, axis and hopefully elk one day and with 2 kiddos I will only be able to afford 1 good pair. Thanks in advance.

Man I have the 10x42 CROSSFIRES and I love them. I bow hunt, rifle hunt, and I scout also.
    If your at 20 yards do you really need binoculars? I only use them as to glass surrounding areas while I'm hunting.

You can also get a great deal from the vortex guy on here!

Last edited by HunterU; 09-06-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I have the 12x50 and love them. FIL has the 10x42 and is why I bought mine

Comment

If you have that wide of a variety of uses you need more than one set. 8x32s or 8x25s for bow hunting round here or on most stand hunting type hunts. 10x50s for spotting in the mountains for elk or on the plains for mule deer.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd get the 10x and maybe get a bigger objective lens to gather more light in for Dawn/dusk viewing.

Comment

Get the 10x I've had the 10x42 for 3 or so years and have been really happy with them.

Comment

Go with the 10.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Diamondback 10x42 are by far my best sellers. With that being said I personally prefer 8x42. The 8s will transmit a little more light and they are easier to hold steady (less perceived movement or shakiness).

Give me a shout if you decide on Vortex.

Comment

I like my 6X leupolds Yosemites. But I also like vortex 8x for rifle hunting

Comment

Thanks guys. Think the 8x seem more useful for me given that I mostly hunt deer within 200yards and in thicker cover to look at surrounding areas around my tripod or ladder stand at 20yrds

Comment

I have the 10 x 42 and am very pleased with them. The 10 comes in handy in Colorado. but need to have a steady hand or a rest with the 10X

Comment

I've had Vortex binos and they are great!

That being said, if I were in your shoes, I'd spend a little bit more and get these.https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/...0aAnILEALw_wcB

I have a pair of the DB in 8.5X50 and they are great all purpose except long range glassing. 10X42 gets my vote, followed closely by 10X50.

Comment

I have 12x50s. I like them and would buy again. Considering one of their spotting scopes.

Comment

Go find the 12xs

Never have i said, man wish my binos had LESS magnification

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post

Never have i said, man wish my binos had LESS magnification
                              That is my thought also, I guess the downside is size/weight. But for me that is not too big of an issue since the only thing I carry to the stand besides my weapon is binos

Comment

Working...
                              X