Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New knife, made in Pakistan?, why/whats the big deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New knife, made in Pakistan?, why/whats the big deal?

So I got a knife as a gift and never heard of the maker. Looked it up and on blade forum there is a lot of discussion about the maker lying about the blades being made in the US/UK when they are made in Pakistan. Didn't see anything about it on their website, etc about it.

Its a nice knife with alot of heft. Looks well made and sharp. Supposed to be high carbon 1095.

Is it just knife snobs looking down on lesser knives or is there something to it I don't see. Say it is made in Paki, whats the difference between those and say China made stuff like alot of other blades are? Does it really make a difference to the average user?

I have two Stics and a couple of other nice blades, so this will be more of a camping/utility use knife.

Just curious and thanks in advance

Honestly I don't think it makes a difference unless you only buy American made knives. It's not a big deal. If it's a work knife I don't care if it's made in China or whatever. I feel bad if I break the tip of the blade off or something if it's too dang expensive.lol

Comment

Is it a Jacob`s knife?

Comment

Use it and never look back

Comment

I did a double take on your thread title. At first I read "new wife made in Paki....

Saludos from del rio bro!!

Comment

Useless without pictures!

Comment

if the maker advertises made in US or UK, but its not, then i would not buy their crap. ive had a knife that was made in Pakistan, Bullet brand, and it was really good.

Comment

I would never knowingly buy anything from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq or Iran, and a few others.

You can almost be guaranteed your funds will eventually be in the hands of terrorists if you do. If not directly, then indirectly. I don’t trust any of them over there.

JMHO from an Operation Iraqi Freedom vet.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                  I would never knowingly buy anything from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq or Iran, and a few others.

You can almost be guaranteed your funds will eventually be in the hands of terrorists if you do. If not directly, then indirectly. I don’t trust any of them over there.

This is a valid point.

Comment

You pay taxes and buy oil based products right?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      You pay taxes and buy oil based products right?

Not any more than necessary. I am certainly not going out of my way to support these countries, especially when there are plenty of other options available.

If you want to purchase from these countries, go for it. I just gave my opinion; you don’t have to like it.

Comment

Not any more than necessary. I am certainly not going out of my way to support these countries, especially when there are plenty of other options available.

If you want to purchase from these countries, go for it. I just gave my opinion; you don’t have to like it.
                        agreed

Comment

I believe the quality of the steel(end product) is the issue. It may say 440c etc... but isnt. That is what I understood to be the issue when I was looking into making a few knives.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

U.S. steel is held to a higher quality the foreign steel. That doesn't mean it will not work fine for you.

Comment

Working...
                            X