• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
    I actually thought it was funny.
    X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      Can't make the book- high fence, penned up deer. Not hatin', just a fact.
      x2!

Like looking in a magazine. Pick the rack qualities you want and buy the buck genetics you want for your place. Sad

Comment

Guide- ok, he's usually at this feeder around the next corner
        Hunter- yep there he is
        Guide- you ready? Put your rifle out the window slowly.
        Hunter- can you drive me closer?
        Guide- yeah but we're at 25 yds now.
        Hunter- you sure that's the one that costs me $25 g's?
        Guide- yeah.
        Hunter- how much is the one over there that the owner is hand feeding right now?
        Guide- another $10 g's
        Hunter- i'm gonna take that one.
        Guide- let the owner move away first before you shoot.
        Hunter- why? We're only 20 yds now, I gotta 20 power zeiss, it costs me $1800, I think I can hit him.
        Guide- ok, go ahead.
        bang!!
        Guide- you smoked him.
        Hunter- I like that phrase, can I use it later?
        Guide- well, I have a patent on it, but you can for a small fee.
        Hunter- where'd the owner go?
        Guide- he took out runnin.......
        Funny as hell! Yet so true

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          If y'all had the money to hunt anywhere you wanted you wouldn't hunt a maybe see a deer lease in east Texas or Young county. You would hunt the best place you had the discretionary funds to afford.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
          Some on here do have the money to hunt anywhere they want. They were also raised with morals and ethics. So even though they could afford to shoot the biggest pet deer ever raised they choose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            I do taxidermy as a hobby, and since I have a full time job that more than supports my lifestyle, I am able to pick who I do work for, and most of that work does come from high fenced ranches. The same people that can afford to hunt on those high fenced ranches, can also afford my "ridiculous" prices, even though you have no idea what I charge for a shoulder mount.

No hard feelings here; your humor will not put a dent in my prices ... whatever that means.
            Y'all 2 have access to a fight cage to hash this out like men?

Or maybe an open pasture & go old school brawl?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
              I actually thought it was funny.

X3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                [emoji23] Lol exactly how that probably went down..

I know I know "different strokes for different folks" "personal preference" all that yada yada yada, but this is everything that's wrong with deer hunting in Texas IMO. At what point is enough enough?
                So not poaching or trespassing / illegal hunting - but this is what's wrong ... Gotcha

Comment

Sweet lookin deer! Congrats to the hunter and the folks that raised the buck

Comment

its not "hating". its a fact that anyone with enough money can shoot a deer like that. how difficult was it to find and shoot that deer on 500 acres? was there skill involved other than making the shot? ANYONE with a tall fence, time, and money can produce a deer like that. no different than me raising cattle.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      So not poaching or trespassing / illegal hunting - but this is what's wrong ... Gotcha
                      Those problems exist all across America.. High fence fake hunting has become sort of a Texas stereotype if you will, it's embarrassing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                        Y'all 2 have access to a fight cage to hash this out like men?

Or maybe an open pasture & go old school brawl?

I’ve been a longtime advocate of Bownanza Cage Fights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Guide- ok, he's usually at this feeder around the next corner
                          Hunter- yep there he is
                          Guide- you ready? Put your rifle out the window slowly.
                          Hunter- can you drive me closer?
                          Guide- yeah but we're at 25 yds now.
                          Hunter- you sure that's the one that costs me $25 g's?
                          Guide- yeah.
                          Hunter- how much is the one over there that the owner is hand feeding right now?
                          Guide- another $10 g's
                          Hunter- i'm gonna take that one.
                          Guide- let the owner move away first before you shoot.
                          Hunter- why? We're only 20 yds now, I gotta 20 power zeiss, it costs me $1800, I think I can hit him.
                          Guide- ok, go ahead.
                          bang!!
                          Guide- you smoked him.
                          Hunter- I like that phrase, can I use it later?
                          Guide- well, I have a patent on it, but you can for a small fee.
                          Hunter- where'd the owner go?
                          Guide- he took out runnin.......
                          I definitely got a chuckle out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                            Those problems exist all across America.. High fence fake hunting has become sort of a Texas stereotype if you will, it's embarrassing
                            Ohhhhh okay - I didnt realize that you were affected that much by trash talk. By all means be as negative and judgmental as you wish. Would hate for you to fell embarassed.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckw View Post
                              its not "hating". its a fact that anyone with enough money can shoot a deer like that. how difficult was it to find and shoot that deer on 500 acres? was there skill involved other than making the shot? ANYONE with a tall fence, time, and money can produce a deer like that. no different than me raising cattle.

I equate this to going to the Bunny Ranch; Was she hot? hell yes! Was it fun? Hell yes. Is it the same accomplishment as free range? not really...

I'm not a high fence hater when it is several thousand acres of natural genetics, but 500 acres??
                              The guy looks proud, so I am happy for him .

Comment

Originally posted by pafdrn View Post
                                I equate this to going to the Bunny Ranch; Was she hot? hell yes! Was it fun? Hell yes. It is the same accomplishment as free range? not really...
                                Only opposite is that the bunny ranch is cheaper than free range.

Comment

Working...
                                X