No announcement yet.

Weatherford and Parker County Residents !!!!!!! Please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As 520 stated, us Brock residents know what you're going through.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
      If the matter wasn't on the agenda, there was no violation. Maybe Tuff can post the dates if that was the case.
      Public hearings on the proposed annexation are scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Sept. 12 and Sept. 14 and the final vote on annexation is scheduled for Oct. 10.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
        If the matter wasn't on the agenda, there was no violation. Maybe Tuff can post the dates if that was the case.
        If memory serves me right it will be the 12th and 14th of sept.

And a quote from last nights meeting..

Quote:
        I’d like to apologize to you and the people of north of town and all that area,” Swancy said to Hunkele. “I’d like to hear them speak. But I don’t want to hear them speak and scream and yell and be rowdy. This is not the place to do that. But I’d like to apologize to you and ask you to convey that apology to the people of Zion Hill. If the people of Zion Hill would like to come back in and be orderly, I’ll hear them. But they have to do it in order.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
          If memory serves me right it will be the 12th and 14th of sept.

And a quote from last nights meeting..

Quote:
          I’d like to apologize to you and the people of north of town and all that area,” Swancy said to Hunkele. “I’d like to hear them speak. But I don’t want to hear them speak and scream and yell and be rowdy. This is not the place to do that. But I’d like to apologize to you and ask you to convey that apology to the people of Zion Hill. If the people of Zion Hill would like to come back in and be orderly, I’ll hear them. But they have to do it in order.”
          And that was only after Kevin Cleveland called for a private meeting with the council to address the issue of Craig saying "they don't want to" listen to the Zion Hill Comm. speak at the beginning of the evening and then proceeded to empty the room cause he felt like it. I'm pretty sure Kevin got with Attorney Zellers and brought up the issue of Craig making the comment and how it violates the citizen's 1st amendent and right to speak on the non-agenda item which was the Annex issue. This would be the only reason Craig apologized later in the evening after the private session. It don't matter if the people want to speak on the issue weather it's a scheduled date or not cause it was a non-agenda item being discussed and you can't be denied that right to speak for 3 minutes. I'm an Employee of the City of Weatherford and I'm really disappointed in the City Council, Mayor, and City manager. They're becoming land grabbers and money hungry and one of my biggest issue is the some of the land they've annexed the last 10-20 yrs are still waiting on some of the amenities they're promised back then and still haven't received yet they pay ridiculous taxes every year. Federal gives you 2.5 yrs to provide people what they say they'll provide. City has 5 yrs to do that. I can tell you that's BS. We're understaffed at the City and we can't even provide the necessary services such as Road Maint., Water/Wastewater services, Electric services, Park Maint,etc for what we have and yet the City Council trying to gather more land they need to simply leave alone. This particular area they are trying to annex is large tracts of land that's been in the families for generations and simple does not need to be annexed based on other things. Weatherford just got done trying to grab land from Brock and Brock fought back and was able to keep some of the land themselves. Peaster is in the process of forming their own town with Mayor, City Council,etc. cause they are the next target and the land right after Zion Hill land. Weatherford just needs to catch up and take care of what we have here now. That'll take a long long time just to do that. Just my .02 cent.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
            Now that Senate Bill 6 was signed by the governor, we are already starting to get the petition together to call a special election to stop Westherford's Involuntary Annexation. It's a county wide petition/election and we will need Brock's support.
            Part of the issue with that is it don't go into effect till Dec. 1st I believe and the City Council is trying to beat that timeline to get the land annexed. Judge Riley and Phil King I believe are working on the petition to get it wrote up as needed for this situation. Zion Hill needs 10% of county votes to make this go forward. That comes out to appr. 8500 signatures for the 10% and anyone in Parker County can sign this petition. So people from Brock will sign most likely after what they just went through. Peaster people will definitely be signing. People that's been annexed and screwed on the promises will be signing. So it's very doable to achieve that 10%. I'll personally be signing it cause it doesn't affect me right now but I could be next!

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
              Part of the issue with that is it don't go into effect till Dec. 1st I believe and the City Council is trying to beat that timeline to get the land annexed. Judge Riley and Phil King I believe are working on the petition to get it wrote up as needed for this situation. Zion Hill needs 10% of county votes to make this go forward. That comes out to appr. 8500 signatures for the 10% and anyone in Parker County can sign this petition. So people from Brock will sign most likely after what they just went through. Peaster people will definitely be signing. People that's been annexed and screwed on the promises will be signing. So it's very doable to achieve that 10%. I'll personally be signing it cause it doesn't affect me right now but I could be next!
              I've been through the law and know about the Dec 1st issue. This petition is Parker County's only way to stop this. Thanks for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                And that was only after Kevin Cleveland called for a private meeting with the council to address the issue of Craig saying "they don't want to" listen to the Zion Hill Comm. speak at the beginning of the evening and then proceeded to empty the room cause he felt like it. I'm pretty sure Kevin got with Attorney Zellers and brought up the issue of Craig making the comment and how it violates the citizen's 1st amendent and right to speak on the non-agenda item which was the Annex issue. This would be the only reason Craig apologized later in the evening after the private session. It don't matter if the people want to speak on the issue weather it's a scheduled date or not cause it was a non-agenda item being discussed and you can't be denied that right to speak for 3 minutes. I'm an Employee of the City of Weatherford and I'm really disappointed in the City Council, Mayor, and City manager. They're becoming land grabbers and money hungry and one of my biggest issue is the some of the land they've annexed the last 10-20 yrs are still waiting on some of the amenities they're promised back then and still haven't received yet they pay ridiculous taxes every year. Federal gives you 2.5 yrs to provide people what they say they'll provide. City has 5 yrs to do that. I can tell you that's BS. We're understaffed at the City and we can't even provide the necessary services such as Road Maint., Water/Wastewater services, Electric services, Park Maint,etc for what we have and yet the City Council trying to gather more land they need to simply leave alone. This particular area they are trying to annex is large tracts of land that's been in the families for generations and simple does not need to be annexed based on other things. Weatherford just got done trying to grab land from Brock and Brock fought back and was able to keep some of the land themselves. Peaster is in the process of forming their own town with Mayor, City Council,etc. cause they are the next target and the land right after Zion Hill land. Weatherford just needs to catch up and take care of what we have here now. That'll take a long long time just to do that. Just my .02 cent.

This. ^^^^^^

Comment

We were annexed years ago by Weatherford. I didn't move out here to live in a city.

We need to vote everyone out that is trying to grow Weatherford and destroy what it historically was.

Comment

Upcoming meeting.

Comment

Ultramax, has anyone contacted all the news channels about the mayors behavior?

Also, The Attorney General may be interested

Comment

Does anyone have a map of the proposed annex? I've got a buddy looking to buy a house in that area and he's curious if it will be in the annex.

Comment

Buckshot, yes.

Moose, here is an image of their city limits and their Extra Territorial Juristfiction.

Here is the link for the first image to show I'm not doctoring anything: http://tx-weatherford2.civicplus.com...nter/View/9020

Also, here is an image of their projected growth in the next 15 years.

Here is the other link: http://tx-weatherford2.civicplus.com...ter/View/12625

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by UltraMax; 08-24-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Read this carefully as we live in Granbury just south of Parker/Weatherford. I don't know about your situation but certainly empathize with all of you!

One question I have always wondered...as soon as you leave Hood County on 51 going north the speed limit reduces to 60 from 65 in Hood? Also, I20 in Parker County is 65 then going west increases AFTER one gets out of Parker? My assumption is it's just another way to gain revenue from tickets?? I know, off the subject but the OP would seem to give evidence that the City and County "powers that be" are more concerned with revenue than what their citizens are entitled to....over taxation without representation?

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                              Read this carefully as we live in Granbury just south of Parker/Weatherford. I don't know about your situation but certainly empathize with all of you!

One question I have always wondered...as soon as you leave Hood County on 51 going north the speed limit reduces to 60 from 65 in Hood? Also, I20 in Parker County is 65 then going west increases AFTER one gets out of Parker? My assumption is it's just another way to gain revenue from tickets?? I know, off the subject but the OP would seem to give evidence that the City and County "powers that be" are more concerned with revenue than what their citizens are entitled to....over taxation without representation?
                              The county gets little "revenue" from tickets; the state gets the bulk of it.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                                Buckshot, yes.

Moose, here is an image of their city limits and their Extra Territorial Juristfiction.

Here is the link for the first image to show I'm not doctoring anything: http://tx-weatherford2.civicplus.com...nter/View/9020

Also, here is an image of their projected growth in the next 15 years.

Here is the other link: http://tx-weatherford2.civicplus.com...ter/View/12625

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X