New Ford Truck Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ford Truck Help

Brothers, does anyone in the Baytown area with a 2017 3.5 twin turbo? If so I need answers before I buy. Thanks Brd

Anyone?

Comment

I just ordered one a couple weeks ago. Curious as to what your question is?

Comment

Is it going to be overly labored while pulling my 6000lb kubota & loboy in those long east Texas hills from here to Marshall. Or out in west Texas. I just don't want it to be in a bind. I know what the book says but I don't know anyone who has actually done it.

Comment

Originally posted by scarecrow View Post
          Is it going to be overly labored while pulling my 6000lb kubota & loboy in those long east Texas hills from here to Marshall. Or out in west Texas. I just don't want it to be in a bind. I know what the book says but I don't know anyone who has actually done it.
          I hope not. I have several friends that pull close to that with no problem. I did get the max tow package on mine.

Comment

6000# will be no sweat for the 3.5 Ecoboost. I would recommend at least 3.55 gears or even better 3.73 if still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You can get either the 3.55 or the 3.73 with the max tow package. 10 speed tranny with the 3.5 eco should handle the #6000 pretty easy.

Comment

I've pulled 6500 lbs with my '13. It towed it pretty easily.

Comment

Thanks guys. Agreed at least 3.55 and the max tow pack is the plan. I appreciate the input.
                  Last edited by scarecrow; 05-21-2017, 09:55 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Was 6k total or just the tractor

Comment

Total for now. Plans are new tractor ~60hp next year and it will probably be 7000lb. Flat ground I'm not concerned but those long rolling hills in northeast Texas are the concern. Thanks

Comment

Ah. Power won't be the problem. These new half tons are knocking down what the late 90's early 00's diesels were. They still don't handle the weight like those trucks do imo. New age trickery aside something to be said for an 8k vehicle handling the same weight. I'd buy with confidence knowing you can add bags later. I still like the 5.0 over the eco numbers and 'reviews' aside.

Comment

3.5 eco will yank that around like nothing.

Comment

you talking a gooseneck trailer?

Comment

No goose neck

Comment

Working...
                              X