Outback Precision Rifle club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outback Precision Rifle club?

Anyone on here shot at OPR club in Cresson on the long range courses?
    Thinking about joining up since it's close by and somewhat mimics hunting setup instead of traditional shooting bench.

Haven't been to cresson but saw the PRS guys this Sunday at ETTS shooting a local match.

Soon as I walked up I had two guys come over and inform me about what it is they use and how the matches are run. Super helpful guys.

You should go and watch a match, it's pretty awesome.

Comment

I wish Southhills would open their comps up to spectators. I'd sure like to watch before diving in.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Comment

ttt

Comment

It's a nice place. Several threads on it if you search. I am a member there.

Comment

Great place to shoot and will keep you from getting bored for years. I'm a member there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Whats the long range setup like? Drive from one station to next,walkthrough, etc. Enough targets throughout place to make a solid half-full day out of it? I'm really interested as the closest place to shoot longrange is TacPro and Xtreme tactic and training. I'm only 20mins from PRS.

Comment

It has 3 main shooting areas. The PRS skills area which has I believe 12 different props to shoot from. Each have steel at targets down range plus you have the Connex that has 2 firing lanes. One has steel from 200-900 and the other is the about the same but it has targets at 240, 370 type ranges. Plus you also have 100 and 200 yard bays right there. Drive up on the hill and you have car chaos which is targets inside of cars, the huey and power pole, the two troop line which goes out to a Mile, the box blind is also up there. The new area that is just down from the prs is the short range. I believe it stays under 500. Has all kinds of stuff to shoot off of including a new 2 story shoot house with a helicopter hanging off one end. There is also the ELR line that goes to 3000 yards now.

Comment

Sound like a lot of fun out there!

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
                    It has 3 main shooting areas. The PRS skills area which has I believe 12 different props to shoot from. Each have steel at targets down range plus you have the Connex that has 2 firing lanes. One has steel from 200-900 and the other is the about the same but it has targets at 240, 370 type ranges. Plus you also have 100 and 200 yard bays right there. Drive up on the hill and you have car chaos which is targets inside of cars, the huey and power pole, the two troop line which goes out to a Mile, the box blind is also up there. The new area that is just down from the prs is the short range. I believe it stays under 500. Has all kinds of stuff to shoot off of including a new 2 story shoot house with a helicopter hanging off one end. There is also the ELR line that goes to 3000 yards now.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                      Thanks
                      You can burn a whole weekend out there and not get bored. It is expensive but if you see what all they have invested in it, you will see why.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                        You can burn a whole weekend out there and not get bored. It is expensive but if you see what all they have invested in it, you will see why.
                        I'm more interested in shooting in hunting style environment and conditions instead of the benchrest style of shooting. I feel it's more beneficial to learn more about my gun and shooting setup for when a real hunting situation develops. PRS sounds like it offers those situations which interests me greatly. Thanks for all your info. Maybe we can meet up and shoot sometime.

Comment

Working...
                        X