Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
    If hunting that day or the next day: important

If putting up before season and leaving it: I don't think it's important at all and never brush it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here.

Comment

you would walk right past mine. I like brushing them in alot. I also find using an old camo tarp over the top helps with the UV's and have some i've had out for 2-3 years and they still look good.. Oh and i also dig out the floor a couple inches and lay down a movers blanket so i can take the boots off lay down and take a nice nap

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post

This is how all of my ground/pop-up blinds start out. I may freshen them up from time to time or they may, slowly, become visible as the foliage on the cut brush dies and falls off. Some of the brush will stay green until the first freeze because I almost always start by placing the blind behind or inside living brush. Either way, the blind becomes visible so slowly that even the spookiest deer get used to them. I do prefer to keep adding more cut brush, though; to keep it as hidden as possible. It NEVER hurts to be invisible, IMO.

i agree.

Comment

Shoot through mesh in the Maverick blind
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	24456672

Name:	IMG_8043.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	24456673Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8032.jpg
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	24456674Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8031.jpg
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	24456675Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8038.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	24456676Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8033.jpg
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	24456678

using Tapatalk

Comment

How many of y'all trust shoot through netting. I've had enough encounters with it over the years that every time I see it I want to throw-up.
            How many of y'all have shot several times through the net into a target to check consistency?

Comment

First weekend out every time tested I shoot rage three blade dead on every time

Comment

Repurposed a fallen down structure.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mr bowhunter View Post
                  Shoot through mesh in the Maverick blind
                  I like the shoot through mesh idea!! Looks the same with the window open or closed. Where did you get the mesh? How did you attach the mesh to the inside of the blind? Thanks.

Comment

Show us your ground blinds

Built out of panels, plastic, 3- 2x4's and old barn tin. 7' in diameter.

Last edited by Hsbtgarcia; 08-14-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                      How important to brush in and conceal?
                      I had a wise friend of mine tell me one time. " You don't brush in your blind for the deer that show up every day, you brush it in for that mature buck that might come in 1-2 times a year." This has proven true for me. I have been in the blind and have seen mature bucks come in that I have never seen on trail camera before. If the blind is brushed in hopefully they don't look at the blind.

Comment

Last year, I used the frame base with a pop-up. This year, we wanted something a bit more permanent / resistant to the elements, so I built this one and put it on the same frame base. 20 yards to the base of the feeder:

All the best,
                        Glenn

Comment

Side view:

All the best,
                          Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                            How many of y'all trust shoot through netting. I've had enough encounters with it over the years that every time I see it I want to throw-up.
                            How many of y'all have shot several times through the net into a target to check consistency?

I shot through netting one time, never again. The worst thing to me was in low light, at dawn and dusk you have to wait a little extra time. The shooting wasn't all that hard with it (field points), but after the shot visibility, well there was none. I had no idea where I hit each time. For some but not for me

Comment

Show us your ground blinds

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
                              I had a wise friend of mine tell me one time. " You don't brush in your blind for the deer that show up every day, you brush it in for that mature buck that might come in 1-2 times a year." This has proven true for me. I have been in the blind and have seen mature bucks come in that I have never seen on trail camera before. If the blind is brushed in hopefully they don't look at the blind.

Wise indeed! Couldn't have said it better

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
                                I like the shoot through mesh idea!! Looks the same with the window open or closed. Where did you get the mesh? How did you attach the mesh to the inside of the blind? Thanks.

Name:	IMG_1287.JPG
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	24456682Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1286.jpg
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	24456683

using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...