Got drawn for 2 hunts same date.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got drawn for 2 hunts same date.

I've been entering the TPWD public hunt drawings for 19 years and have gotten drawn for only 3 hunts during that time. This year with the new rules I put in for more drawings than ever. I got picked on the first draw for PLE in Terrell County and PLA at Kerrville Shriner Park. I'm quite excited to get 2 hunts in one year. Then today I get email I've been selected in the second draw for GDM at James Daughtry. Great except it is the same time as Kerrville.
    I'm going to choose JD because it is a buck hunt and Kerrville is spike and doe archery hunt. I've been on the Kerrville hunt before and it's not too exciting. You get to set up a pop up blind next to picnic tables and bbq pits. I did see a lot of deer there and got a doe last time.
    Anyway, I'm one lucky guy this year, wish I could go an all 3 hunts.

Congrats.

My son and I were were drawn for 2 hunts this year.

We will be at the Kerville 1st hunt. Hopefully meat for the freezer.

Comment

Haven't been to either Kerrville or Daughtrey, but I can tell you this.... Last year we drew a youth hunt at Choke Canyon and had our check in/out at Daughtrey with the Daughtrey hunters. 94% success rate for them that weekend. I believe you made the right choice. Either way, good luck to you.

Comment

I agree with your choice....Kerrville Schreiner is the only hunt I've EVER been drawn for in 10 years of applying and it was on the last weekend......not a good one to get chosen for on that hunt.....I didn't see an animal.
        I also got drawn for two hunts this year and also on the same dates. I have already paid for the first one so I'm going to pass on the second one.....just hate to lose my preference points on both and only get to go on one.

Comment

Working...
        X