Age water valley buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age water valley buck

This is just for fun and discussion, I haven't done an age thread yet this yr. wanted some discussion so I picked a buck where there is some disagreement on age on our lease.
    What do you think the age is and why? These are screenshot summer pics and I know it's not ideal for age. But do your best to take that into consideration.
    Also this will not decide this deers fate.

6+
    He has a huge gut and calluses on his knees.

Comment

I was thinking at least 4 on first pic, 5 after the second pic, but then looking at knees, I will bump my guess to 6.

Comment

7-8

Comment

6 plus

Comment

I will try to get a couple more pics

Comment

I'm guessing 6.5

Comment

And a super cool buck.

Comment

If yall can let me know what your looking at to get age on this particular deer.

Comment

Blocked off body. Sits far back on his front hooves. Huge callouses on his knees. Big gut. Bet he's 7-9yo.

Comment

Mature for sure. 6+

Comment

To me, the deer looks I guess you would say, "sectioned up." He has definition between his front legs to his stocmach then from stomach to his hind quarters. His stomach is also dropped quite a bit. Also looks to have a fairly deep brisket. I say mature. That is one cool buck and I hope you get him.

Comment

I always look at it like pieces of a puzzle.

His face has the look to me. Then I look at his neck, front shoulders, brisket, callous knees and the appearance from those pics of his short legs.

Comment

wide body and well fed but his back is pretty straight....5???

Comment

Post mature 7+. Calloused knees, setting down on his hooves, pointed rear end, lot of width in the brisket between the front shoulders, pot belly and a hump on top of his shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                              X