Turkey Fight

Just one in a series.

If you are interested, you can see more here:

Thanks!

Russell Graves

Those are beyond awesome!

Comment

Wow,

You should consider doing this for a living.

Pure greatness.

Comment

Is that mixed martial arts?

I still like #8 in that series the best. That spectator turkey on the far right cracks me up.

Comment

Russell, I read on your first picture post that you shot a doubler and I believe you said it was a manual focus shot.

How do you get spot on the focus? At 500mm I can't get my focus to be accurate on manual. The slightest touch and its out. 300 is alright but still sticky. These are with a Sigma 170-500 and nikon 80-400vr

Comment

Those are some great shots Russell......

Comment

Great pic!!

Comment

Wow... that is nice... thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                  Russell, I read on your first picture post that you shot a doubler and I believe you said it was a manual focus shot.

How do you get spot on the focus? At 500mm I can't get my focus to be accurate on manual. The slightest touch and its out. 300 is alright but still sticky. These are with a Sigma 170-500 and nikon 80-400vr
                  Yep, I did manually focus that. As far as spot on focus, all I do is focus on the eye. I am constantly working the focus so that I ensure that it stays in focus.

It takes some practice but is definitely doable. One thing that helps me is that I manually focused all of my lenses for the first 10 years I shot photos. It wasn't until I switched to Canon that I fully embraced what a good autofocus can do.

Holler if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Russell

Comment

for a new guy, you are pretty good at this photography thing

Comment

i love these. thanks for sharing

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Very nice. I have video of a bunch of hens whopping up on another hen that came into the group. Those buggers sure can make some noise.

Welcome, Russell
                          Lesto!!

Comment

I likey!!!

Comment

Russell, I want to comend you for the work you do with the young kids at school. I wish class was like that when I went to school way back when......
                              (http://www.russellgraves.com/press/childressteacher.pdf)

Comment

Working...
                              X