Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

My personal hunting spot is in dickens county, and I want to plant something this year that they arent used to seeing, to see how they like it. There is wheat all around me, what is something that i can plant that might attract them in the fall? It will be a small 1/4 acre bowhunting spot. I have heard about a clover/chickery blend but I dont know if I get the amount of rain needed. I will have the ability to try and "water" with a 250 gallon tote but will that be enough with mother natures help?

got any watermelons up there?

Comment

No watermelons.. If I did the pigs wouldnt let them get mature before they scatter them all over.

Comment

for the fall plot the I can recommend is to plant cow peas and fence it off so that the deer cant get to it till bow season. once bow season comes take the fence down and let the deer have at it. This is if you have the funds to fence it off.

Its hard to beat a good cereal grain like buck forage oats, deer love cereal grains especially during the early part of the hunting season.

Comment

Oats mixed with a little clover

Comment

Working...
          X