Maternity photos for the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maternity photos for the wife

Here are some of the maternity photos I took for the wife with the new camera

Last edited by WildMatt84; 03-28-2012, 12:11 PM.

A couple of suggestions for you. Light is everything in photography, with composition being second behind light. It looks as if you took these mid day on a clear, sunny day. For these type of shots, that is probably the worst time of day to shoot portraits unless you are using diffusers, umbrellas etc. on your subject.
    Look at the sharp shadows on your wife's face in the photos that are in direct sun. While the shots in the shade are a little better, what I would recommend you do is shoot these same images first thing in the morning or late in the day depending on which direction the sun might be hitting, and then look at the difference in the shots. Even better would be to shoot them on a slightly overcast day in order to diffuse the harsh lighting.
    You have a beautiful family to photograph, just get the light right and you will see these shots improve dramatically.

Comment

Nice pics!

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
        A couple of suggestions for you. Light is everything in photography, with composition being second behind light. It looks as if you took these mid day on a clear, sunny day. For these type of shots, that is probably the worst time of day to shoot portraits unless you are using diffusers, umbrellas etc. on your subject.
        Look at the sharp shadows on your wife's face in the photos that are in direct sun. While the shots in the shade are a little better, what I would recommend you do is shoot these same images first thing in the morning or late in the day depending on which direction the sun might be hitting, and then look at the difference in the shots. Even better would be to shoot them on a slightly overcast day in order to diffuse the harsh lighting.
        You have a beautiful family to photograph, just get the light right and you will see these shots improve dramatically.

Thank you for the constructive criticism .I'm always looking for ways to improve. I had mentioned to her that the time of day was bad, but when a 31 week pregnant woman says I want my pictures taken. I say where at? I had to alter them quite a bit after being shot. And as luck would have it that morning little dude thought daddies 52mm uv and I'd filters were frisbees. I gues that's what happens when you leave them in reach of a 2 1/2 year old
        Last edited by WildMatt84; 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Looks like Helen's garden in League City...I've taken tons of pics there. I agree that the composition is great, but I do all mine in the last hour of daylight when shooting there to get the right lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
            Looks like Helen's garden in League City...I've taken tons of pics there. I agree that the composition is great, but I do all mine in the last hour of daylight when shooting there to get the right lighting.
            It was Helen's. Great spot, but very impatient momma. She was happy with them though and that's all that matters

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
              It was Helen's. Great spot, but very impatient momma. She was happy with them though and that's all that matters
              I agree and fully understand...as long as she's happy.

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
                Thank you for the constructive criticism .I'm always looking for ways to improve. I had mentioned to her that the time of day was bad, but when a 31 week pregnant woman says I want my pictures taken. I say where at? I had to alter them quite a bit after being shot. And as luck would have it that morning little dude thought daddies 52mm uv and I'd filters were frisbees. I gues that's what happens when you leave them in reach of a 2 1/2 year old
                Yes, you gotta keep momma happy! Maybe you can catch a day with cloud cover and then it won't matter when you go. I am down here in Dallas this week on business and wish I had my gear with me, and some free time, as the wildflowers are better than I have seen them down in Texas in years.

Comment

Working...
                X