Season in the toliet again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season in the toliet again.

I tore something in my shoulder blade 2yrs ago. There went the season.

This year I have torn something in my tricep. Felt like old rubber bands breaking. When I move it just right it burns and hurts like mad. I googled it and seems like it is either a slight tear with physical thearpy ahead or surgery. Anybody tear a ligament in there tricep. Did your shooting suffer after healing. Looks like I have to sit out again.

Get a cross bow.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Get a cross bow.
      Get a doctor instead of google...

Best of luck to you

Comment

there always rifle hunting. Sorry to hear about your injury.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
          Get a doctor instead of google...

Best of luck to you
          This.....

Comment

I go see the bone Doc on Monday.

Thanks for the luck. I usually say "I dont need it" and "give to those that do" but I will take some of that luck this time. Both of these injuries have been in my left arm and left shoulder...bow hand.

Comment

how did you injure yourself ... working out ? on the job ? .... just curious

Comment

I have used a device that was developed for a person that had a severe shoulder injury and could not draw a bow. This device will take your hand/arm/shoulder completely out of the effort of drawing a bow and put all the pressure on the back muscles (where they should be to begin with). I have used this device and believe me, it is definitley different. You have to use your back if it is set up properly. The first time I set it up and used it, i could barely get my bow back because I was not use to drawing and using my back muscles, I drew with my hand/arm/shoulder muscles. When you get at full draw you will be amazed at how much you can move you arm from the shoulder down and not affect you draw. It is called the RipShot. Check it out, there are videos that show how it is used.

Comment

I have done this...........

Mine tore loose from the top and balled up in my lower bicep. This is a tell tale sign........

Felt like old rubber bands breaking.
                  If so you need to get it operated on in the next few days as the longer you wait the tougher it is to retrieve and reattach.

My doctor cut me in the arm pit.........fished the tendon out of my arm......drilled a hole in my upper arm bone and wired it in place. He then went in and cleaned up the mess left in my shoulder.

4-6 weeks in a sling.....and in 3 months I was back to 85% strength.

Tbar

Comment

Cajun Blake...I was getting up off of the sofa. lol

Comment

dang that sucks hope you get better for bow season if not shoot a gun

Comment

Thks Tbar. I feel so much better. I think I will do to bed now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhawg View Post
                          Cajun Blake...I was getting up off of the sofa. lol
                          no reply necessary

Comment

If I can't get it done with a bow then that's that.

Comment

Man that sucks. I tore something in my shoulder almost two years ago now working out, and have had several cortizone shots when the paion gets really bad. I still have full movement and sometimes there is no pain at all. I just really son't want to go to the doc and get told I need surgery and can't hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X