Whats a good knife sharpener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats a good knife sharpener?

I bought a work sharp to sharpen my broadheads. It did not do a good enough job. Tried it on a few kitchen knives and it did a fair job. I returned it!

I use a KME knife sharpener with diamond stones on anything I want to be really sharp.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Edge pro apex is a good system that doesn't have a big learning curve

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
        Wet stone and a piece of leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        This is what I prefer.
        If you have cheap knives the worksharp is a good option, but it removes way too much metal for me to even think about using it on a good knife.

Comment

Love my Ken Onion worksharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
            This for sure, used Lansky, and diamond stones, work sharp get them shaving in a few passes, they also have leather belts for them. The Ken onion has changeable attachments I use to keep mower blades sharp etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                This is what I prefer.
                If you have cheap knives the worksharp is a good option, but it removes way too much metal for me to even think about using it on a good knife.
                This was my opinion also. I have a Warthog and a spyderco...I start with the Warthog and finish with the Spyderco.....razor sharp every time.

Comment

I like my KME

Comment

Wet stone!

Comment

I have a Worksharp but don’t really care for it. Does not achieve the razor edge I am looking for.

Can’t recommend Warthog. I own one I bought about five years ago that they have since quit selling replacement stones. If they don’t support their existing products will they support what they are selling now?

I use the Landsky to get close and finish with a paper wheel I bought from Grizzly. Usually a quick touch up on the wheel is all that’s required to restore the edge.

Comment

I think I have all the major brands, worksharp, warthog and lansky. Each get used based on what the knife is made of and what its use is.

Comment

Norton IM313 Tri-stone system with oil reservoir.

Comment

I have the older version of the DMT kit. It has worked well for years.

Comment

Popular among professionals, the Norton IM313 Tri-Stone has set the standard for sharpening for decades. Traditional SystemThe Norton IM313 System has been trusted for decades.

Comment

Working...
                              X