Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st or second weekend in OCt.

Comment

I planted Saturday, got about 1/10" of rain on it last night.

Comment

I planted last week in Archer county. Now I need a rain. Looks like I barely missed the rain up there yesterday

Comment

Planting this weekend

Comment

Where in Montague are you?

Comment

shooting for middle of oct. Maybe Oct 6-15 range based on rain

Comment

Mid October for us. In the last few years, we get an early rain around the opener and then a dry spell before receiving regular rainfall. I don't want my plot to spout and die. My goal is to have it healthy when the natural vegetation is dead, which is usually around mid season on. More of a steady food source than an attractant.

Comment

We would normally plant around the beginning of October for our area (Menard County), but the weather outlook looks somewhat promising. We'll see what happens. I sure hope we aren't planting too early. I would think the end of September would be just fine but who knows.

Comment

Start of October

Comment

This weekend will try some oats. The last years it worked well down in victoria. Hope to duplicate it up here in williamson county. Look like a little rain next week.

Can anyone recommend another seed to add to the mix. Clover?

Comment

Mine are done as of today..........

Four different places in three counties planted mostly by myself so I had to start early.

Comment

Good chance of rain next week but I won't have my seed yet. I always play it safe and wait a little later. I just want it up and growing at rifle opener

Comment

Planting today, but usually plant a week or so sooner, so its ready for bow season.

Comment

Working...
                            X