Suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor

Need opinions on the best 223 suppressor. I've spent hours online reading blogs and forums. I'm leaning toward the silencerco omega due to its versatility. Anyone have or shot one?

None of them. Get a 7.62 can.

With a 7.62 can you can shoot 30 caliber and below. With a 5.56 can you can shoot, well 5.56 and below.

Omega is a good can but I would not buy one in 5.56.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

Specwar. 30 cal. It's big and heavy but takes a beating.

Love mine

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
        Specwar. 30 cal. It's big and heavy but takes a beating.

Love mine

I love my Specwar. Even with 308 supers it is very hearing safe.

Comment

If you don't own a 30cal suppressor then yes either an Omega or Specwar in 7.62 is the way to go. Omega is shorter and lighter, but a little louder than the Specwar so it depends on what you are planning to do with the rifle. If mainly shooting off a bench/blind or prone...Specwar all the way.

Comment

what about a griffin optimus?

Comment

Deadair sandman L enough said. Get be done in one purchase and be happy w your decision and not wish you would of gotten a different can. Yeah don't buy a 223 or 556 can. Get a 30 cal maybe something w a swap able end cap.

Comment

That answers my question. Now to find the can I want and wait. I have one in jail right now. I'm not very patient and it's killing me.

Comment

Omega or sandman would be my suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                    what about a griffin optimus?
                    Griffin line up is pretty good. The optimus is versatile, only problem is you are giving up some DBs since it's not a dedicated 30 cal or 223 can. Another to look at is the GA Recce 7 or Alpha. Thunder beast also offers good cans as well.

Comment

I have the Omega and its the cure all. 300 all the way down to the 556

Comment

I have been happy with my Thunderbeast. I have 1/3 moa groups at 800 yards through it.

Comment

Ditto the suggestion to go with a 7.62 can - you'll be glad you did!

Most of the mfgrs make decent cans. I've got experience with DeadAir, SilencerCo, and Thunder Beast - if you compare similar models in each manufacturers lines, you can split hairs on several of the bells and whistles but in the end it will come down to personal preference and specifics to your application.

Just get a good, solid can from a reputable company and you'll be happy with the results and have lots of fun and enjoyment.

Comment

I agree with using 30 can.

Dead Air Sandman L
                            Rugged Surge
                            Sig SRD762QD
                            Surefire SOCOM762RC

Best 556 can
                            AAC m4-2k
                            Surefire SOCOM556RC
                            Griffin
                            Specwar 556
                            Saker556

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sound tests on multi cal of the 30 cal specwar
                              In this video, we sound test the new Specwar 762 on a variety of multi-caliber hosts. From SBR and full-length 5.56, .300 blk sub and supersonic, .308, and ...

This video made me choose the specwar
                              Multi-caliber Sound Test Video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOsXN-n3yf8We put the Specwar 762 through its paces recently and caught it a...

Comment

Working...
                              X