No announcement yet.

deal alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.300 win mag was the only center fire rifle I owned for over 25 yrs because it will kill just about anything. I've taken numerous WT deer and 3 elk, lots of hogs and varmints with it. It is more than you need for only WT deer, but it does a fine job. Best not to put it IN the shoulder, as opposed to behind the shoulder, or you'll lose the shoulder meat. I bowhunt 95% of the time and only had the $ to buy one center fire rifle, so this was an excellent choice. i guide a lot now and it is a very good gun if you have to clean up someone else's mess.
    If you plan to spend a lot of time shooting for pleasure, get something that kicks less or put a brake on it (and please don't sit next to me at the range if you do).

Comment

deal alert

Looks like they have the same deal on the other caliber ventures also.

Edit: Everything but .300 and .338 Win Mag are out of stock.
      Last edited by Raider4044; 02-21-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Anybody have experience with the venture and compass. Looking to get a .300wm. Can’t decide if I want the threaded barrel so I can add a muzzle break or get the venture. What’s the better gun? I’m trying to get prepared for a nilgai hunt coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
            Anybody have experience with the venture and compass. Looking to get a .300wm. Can’t decide if I want the threaded barrel so I can add a muzzle break or get the venture. What’s the better gun? I’m trying to get prepared for a nilgai hunt coming up.

From what I understand, the compass is more of their budget line (I’m sure it’s still a good rifle though.)

Plus, you can always get a barrel threaded by a gunsmith if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post

I ordered the Compass 300WM yesterday, and I'm stoked....I want to put a brake on it so I got the threaded barrel. Couldn't pass up $325 after rebate +$20 for FFL, for a gun that I want, but don't really need...I'll put better optics on it later if it shoots as good as I hope it does.

Comment

Going with the venture. Now to find a good gunsmith.

Comment

Working...
                X